You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicting the 2017 depth chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
QB (3): Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Taylor Heinicke
RB (3): Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon
WR (6): Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Laquon Treadwell, Jarius Wright, Stacy Coley, Rodney Adams
TE (3): Kyle Rudolph, David Morgan, Bucky Hodges
OL (9): Riley Reiff, Alex Boone, Pat Elflein, Joe Berger, Mike Remmers, TJ Clemmings, Rashod Hill, Jeremiah Sirles, Zac Kerin

DL (10): Everson Griffen, Tom Johnson, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison, Datone Jones, Stephen Weatherly, Jaleel Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Tashawn Bower
LB (6): Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Edmond Robinson, Kentrell Brothers, Elijah Lee, Ben Gedeon
CB (6): Xavier Rhodes, Terence Newman, Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander, Marcus Sherels, Tre Roberson
S (4): Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Anthony Harris, Jayron Kearse

K: Kai Forbath
P: Taylor Symmank
LS: Kevin McDermott

PUP: Sharrif Floyd, Teddy Bridgewater
Susp: Michael Floyd

Practice Squad (10): QB Wes Lunt, WR Moritz Böhringer, WR RJ Shelton, TE Nick Truesdell, OT Aviante Collins, OT Willie Beavers, OG Danny Isidora, DE BJ Dubose, DL Ifeadi Odenigbo, S Jack Tocho

Now that Floyd is added, he'll likely be suspended for the first 2 games minimum. What will be significantly interesting is how to handle it after he comes off. My first inclination would be to drop either Coley/Adams depending upon who's performing less on ST...however, this could potentially be when Wright is cut.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA was pretty adamant on his show today that he thinks Isaac Fruechte will make the 53-man roster, whatever that tells you....

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PA was pretty adamant on his show today that he thinks Isaac Fruechte will make the 53-man roster, whatever that tells you....

Anything's possible...I still honestly can't believe he's even been on the practice squad for so long, considering how much of a non-factor he was as a Gopher.

Thx to Lil Uno!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Anything's possible...I still honestly can't believe he's even been on the practice squad for so long, considering how much of a non-factor he was as a Gopher.

Traits outweigh college production. You can pretty much point to the man under-center (regardless of who it was) for any Gopher receiving target underperforming.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Traits outweigh college production. You can pretty much point to the man under-center (regardless of who it was) for any Gopher receiving target underperforming.

True...he just never looked impressively fast either.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Fruechte making the 53 man roster, or the practice squad. He didn't make either after training camp last year, and now we've added even more talent at the position.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Floyd's arrival costing Wright is job, and then it being Fruechte vs. Coley for the 6th WR spot if they want to keep that many.

Diggs
Thielen
Floyd (assuming he's good off the field)
Treadwell

----- locked in

Adams
Coley
Fruechte

I think Adams is the most likely to win the KR job, and he's got that X-factor ability on offense. If Coley can play coverage units, because Fruechte can/has, then it could be an interesting battle for #6 WR. Floyd could also be facing a two game suspension to start the year, so maybe that's why PA thinks Fruechte makes the initial 53?

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Really solid measureables for a guy who's 6'3. May not mean anything on the field, but he's above average in every category per mockdraftable

SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Wright's recent Twitter activity, following the signing of Floyd, I don't think he's making the team. He might not make it to training camp.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Given Wright's recent Twitter activity, following the signing of Floyd, I don't think he's making the team. He might not make it to training camp.

Whats going on with the twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Really solid measureables for a guy who's 6'3. May not mean anything on the field, but he's above average in every category per mockdraftable

I like Mitch Mathews over Fruechte.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think This could be the year that Clemmings gets the boot honestly. By this year I think it would be expected that he has developed to around his max potential, and I'm not sure it's going to be enough. Reiff and Remmers are the starters at tackle, and Hill showed more than Clemmings last year, albeit in more limited work. Sirles also provides depth at tackle and guard. I think if Collins shows enough, he could make the squad as a backup, and make Clemmings disposable.

I could also see Beavers either being cut or sent back to the practice squad unless he shows enough progression as a backup guard. I see the line going as such:

Starters: Reiff-Boone-Elflein-Berger-Remmers
B/U: Hill (OT), Easton (C), Sirles (G/T), Kerin (G/C)
PS: Collins, Beavers (either could be upgraded to the 53 if we carry 10 OL)

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: above list of OL;

That looks close to what will happen, except the OL on the PS will more likely be comprised of OL guys signed after their current teams waive them.

Young OL who proved they can develop will 'stick', perhaps on the '53' or the PS, while those who showed too little or no progress will be waived and replaced on the PS with other young OL.
marshpit23

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

This is what I read as well. In the limited number of Gophers' games I watched, he looked to have decent route running, better than average size, decent hands, and good speed. The lack of production was primarily due to poor QB play, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Bradford, Keenum
RB: Murray, Cook, McKinnon
FB: Ham
WR: Diggs, Thielen, Floyd, Treadwell, Adams, Bohringer (gunner)
TE: Rudolph, Hodges, Morgan
LT: Reiff, Hill
LG: Boone
C: Elflein, Easton
RG: Isidora, Beavers
RT: Remmers, Clemmings

LE: Hunter, Robison
NT: Joseph, Stephen
UT: J. Johson, T. Johnson, T. Johnson
RE: Griffen, Jones, Weatherly
SLB: Barr, Brothers
MLB: Kendricks, Gedeon
WLB: Lamur, Lee
CB: Rhodes, Mackenzie
FS: Smith, Harris
FS: Kearse, Exum
CB: Waynes, Newman, Sherels

LS: McDermott
KR: Adams
PR: Sherels
K: Forbath
P: Quigley

PUP/IR: Bridgewater and Floyd

For the Practice Squad Guys:
Nick Truesdell, TE
Aviante Collins, OG
Reid Fragel, OT
Stacy Coley, WR
Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE
Caleb Kidder, DE
Tre Roberson, CB
Tashan Bower, DE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: