You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicting the 2017 depth chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Created a quick and dirty depth chart with our draft picks added (NO UDFA's yet as they haven't been officially announced).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/143o1HFZU7BaWjb589qWp82jm02-qinKhIW-Mqvo9-xk/edit?usp=sharing

Announced!

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Agree-To-Terms-With-13-Rookie-Free-Agents/acab5bd9-7eb6-4ded-a361-a8ca130c5f4e

I love the signing of Davies from TCU

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB (3): Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, Taylor Heinicke
RB (3): Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon
WR (6): Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Laquon Treadwell, Jarius Wright, Stacy Coley, Rodney Adams
TE (3): Kyle Rudolph, David Morgan, Bucky Hodges
OL (9): Riley Reiff, Alex Boone, Pat Elflein, Joe Berger, Mike Remmers, TJ Clemmings, Rashod Hill, Jeremiah Sirles, Zac Kerin

DL (10): Everson Griffen, Tom Johnson, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison, Datone Jones, Stephen Weatherly, Jaleel Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Tashawn Bower
LB (6): Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Edmond Robinson, Kentrell Brothers, Elijah Lee, Ben Gedeon
CB (6): Xavier Rhodes, Terence Newman, Trae Waynes, Mackensie Alexander, Marcus Sherels, Tre Roberson
S (4): Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo, Anthony Harris, Jayron Kearse

K: Kai Forbath
P: Taylor Symmank
LS: Kevin McDermott

PUP: Sharrif Floyd, Teddy Bridgewater

Practice Squad (10): QB Wes Lunt, WR Moritz Böhringer, WR RJ Shelton, TE Nick Truesdell, OT Aviante Collins, OT Willie Beavers, OG Danny Isidora, DE BJ Dubose, DL Ifeadi Odenigbo, S Jack Tocho

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Emmanuel Lamur.. interesting

That's a fine roster though. Hope its enough to get us back to the playoffs (and win!)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

That's a fine roster though. Hope its enough to get us back to the playoffs (and win!)

I'm just not sure what to do with Lamur. There's nothing about him that really stands out, so I'd rather stick with the homegrown guys in Brothers and Robinson and then fill out the spots with potential STers in Lee and Gedeon.

Thx to Lil Uno!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

You could drop the third QB... with two vets, and Teddy Bridgewater on the PUP, I just don't see why the team would keep three QB's on the 53 man.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
OL (9): Riley Reiff, Alex Boone, Pat Elflein, Joe Berger, Mike Remmers, TJ Clemmings, Rashod Hill, Jeremiah Sirles, Zac Kerin

I noticed you think Nick Easton doesn't make the final roster. I am curious why.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I noticed you think Nick Easton doesn't make the final roster. I am curious why.

I won't speak for Disaacs, but I agree with him. Easton doesn't have very much flexibilty and was meh last year. Eflein is the center of the future and Berger can play in a pinch this year.

However, I would keep Isidora over Kerin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I won't speak for Disaacs, but I agree with him. Easton doesn't have very much flexibilty and was meh last year. Eflein is the center of the future and Berger can play in a pinch this year.

Easton will have more competition this year. If Berger is starting at RG, the Vikes may need Easton as the backup Center.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Easton will have more competition this year. If Berger is starting at RG, the Vikes may need Easton as the backup Center.

I didn't do that simply because they have Berger.

Also, it should be noted that Kerin also has experience at C. It's Kerin's versatility that keeps him on the roster over Isidora.

What I've noticed far often is that for the backup positions, they extremely favor versatility...and all the backups do, in this case. Kerin can play C/G, Sirles can play G/T, Clemmings and Hill both can play LT/RT. We have no proof that Isidora can play anything other than G in this case.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't get rid of Easton for Berger. This is most likely Berger's last season, so you need another backup center. I'd get rid of Kerin, and keep Isidora on the practice squad. Then next year Isidora can replace Berger as the backup G.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I indicated, Kerin is a backup center.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I'm just not sure what to do with Lamur. There's nothing about him that really stands out, so I'd rather stick with the homegrown guys in Brothers and Robinson and then fill out the spots with potential STers in Lee and Gedeon.

Good points. Our WLB doesn't play much, although it seemed like he did more so this year. Might have just been due to the opponent and their game planning.

Anyways, I think Robinson could start in a limited role and be fine there.

Assuming Elfein starts at C and Berger at RG, the backups are:

Clemmings
Hill
Sirles
Easton
Isodara

At least, I'd be fine with that. Lots of competition!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the WLB position that doesn't play much, SK. It was the player who was in it with Chad Greenway. If our WLB and SLB were our best linebackers in passing situations, then they would be on the field in the nickel and the MLB would sit.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
It's not the WLB position that doesn't play much, SK. It was the player who was in it with Chad Greenway. If our WLB and SLB were our best linebackers in passing situations, then they would be on the field in the nickel and the MLB would sit.

Ah, I thought Zimmer just called for the WLB specifically to be used only in certain situations. Thanks for the clear up.

So if Edmond Robinson were to win the job and have a dominant season, Barr gets back to being a playmaker and Kendricks keeps growing, who do you sit in Nickel packages?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Ah, I thought Zimmer just called for the WLB specifically to be used only in certain situations. Thanks for the clear up.

So if Edmond Robinson were to win the job and have a dominant season, Barr gets back to being a playmaker and Kendricks keeps growing, who do you sit in Nickel packages?

I think it's clear (at least to me) that Robinson would be the one to sit.

Thx to Lil Uno!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: