You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing is we are gonna have like, 27 picks with all the comp picks we are going to get.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannondale wrote:
Lane Taylor is in the last year of his deal.
Linsley is in the last year of his deal.
Evans is in the last year of his deal.

I'm shocked TT isn't better prepared for this. He is almost always a year ahead as far as having some guys available.

I assume as of right now Barclay is the backup center ? I don't want to enter the season with that much less try to get thru the season that way

Welcome cannondale!

Green Bay just had its best UDFA haul in terms of OL in recent memory (probably since Ted arrived in GB).

That's even more impressive when you consider how weak the OL class was overall.

The only thing that could've made the UDFA haul better would've been Myers.
cannondale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
cannondale wrote:

I'm shocked TT isn't better prepared for this. He is almost always a year ahead as far as having some guys available.

I assume as of right now Barclay is the backup center ? I don't want to enter the season with that much less try to get thru the season that way

They just had the best UDFA haul in terms of OL in recent memory (probably since Ted arrived in GB). That's even more impressive when you consider how weak the OL class was overall. The only thing that could've made the UDFA haul better would've been Myers.

Thanks for the welcome
Let's hope we uncover a few gems. LIS TT is usually a year ahead of the curve when it comes to things like this. A perfect example is the Josh Jones pick. If TT chooses not to offer Burnett a third contract, he has a replacement already on board
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannondale wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
cannondale wrote:

They just had the best UDFA haul in terms of OL in recent memory (probably since Ted arrived in GB). That's even more impressive when you consider how weak the OL class was overall. The only thing that could've made the UDFA haul better would've been Myers.

Thanks for the welcome
Let's hope we uncover a few gems. LIS TT is usually a year ahead of the curve when it comes to things like this. A perfect example is the Josh Jones pick. If TT chooses not to offer Burnett a third contract, he has a replacement already on board

Agreed.

OL Breakdown

2017 Starters/Long-Term Pieces: Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Evans, Bulaga, Spriggs

I view Bakhtiari, Bulaga, and Spriggs as long-term pieces and Linsley as a likely long-term piece (None of the other IOL are getting serious coin).

Recent Late Round DPs: Murphy, Amichia

Solid UDFA Additions w/ Potential to crack 53: Patrick, Schneider, Pankey, Evans, Gray

Other: Flores, Barclay (I don't know where to put him, but he has the potential to be a decent reserve)

Last edited by Cadmus on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannondale wrote:

I feel like it's premature to say he's not prepared before we know who is having an extension worked on that will land later this summer.

If he's got a deal in the works with both Taylor and Linsley, maybe a year is enough to get the next guy ready.
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
cannondale wrote:

I feel like it's premature to say he's not prepared before we know who is having an extension worked on that will land later this summer.

If he's got a deal in the works with both Taylor and Linsley, maybe a year is enough to get the next guy ready.

Exactly. It's not like we're short on cap space. It's unreasonably to expect a BPA team to fill 100% of the upcoming "holes" 1 yr early. They didn't do it TE this past season yet still managed to withstand the Cook departure.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, we went into last season with Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Tretter and Barclay in their final years and now people are worried about going into this year with Taylor and Linsley in their final years? Also, who even is Evans?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Also, who even is Evans?

Jahri Evans, signed on Wednesday as the stopgap RG this year. He's not the 5x All-Pro he used to be, but he can still play.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Also, who even is Evans?

Jahri Evans, signed on Wednesday as the stopgap RG this year. He's not the 5x All-Pro he used to be, but he can still play.

Duh. My bad. Counting him as an upcoming free agent is like counting Nick Collins as a current free agent.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 picks this year, we'll have a minimum of 12 next year (4 comps, 1 7th from McCray) we seem to be inclined to deal Hundley to add another pick, we have 20 million to carry over. I think we're retooling for a stretch run here to end Aaron's career. We aren't going the Broncos route, we're hoping to hit on a plethora of picks and have a large reserve of cash in case we dont.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the EDGE class supposed to be good next year?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Is the EDGE class supposed to be good next year?

Great question. What are the "way-to-early" to predict strengths of the 2018 class?
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Chargers tag Ingram again? Cuz I'd rather pay that man for a title run than rely on a rookie to (likely) replace Clay.

Last edited by bkobow05 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest needs will probably be another stud EDGE and/or stud WR.

I've said it before, but hopefully we can use Hundley to help us get into (or at least near) the top half of the 1st Round. Packaging a few picks and Hundley could put us into/near the Top 16 for the first time in 8+ years.

Then we can draft a stud WR.

Like this guy.

https://youtu.be/7oJi34PIXK8

Also, I just want to say that I'm already a huge fan of Cody Thompson. Can't wait to see what he can do in 2017.

https://youtu.be/uHW4NMxaoqQ
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Our biggest needs will probably be another stud EDGE and/or stud WR.

I've said it before, but hopefully we can use Hundley to help us get into (or at least near) the top half of the 1st Round. Packaging a few picks and Hundley could put us into/near the Top 16 for the first time in 8+ years.

Then we can draft a stud WR.

Like this guy.

https://youtu.be/7oJi34PIXK8

Also, I just want to say that I'm already a huge fan of Cody Thompson. Can't wait to see what he can do in 2017.

https://youtu.be/uHW4NMxaoqQ

Oh my. I think HZ is going to love this Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: