You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Bears Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many regular season wins will the Bears have?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
12-15
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9-11
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
5-7
58%
 58%  [ 17 ]
4-3
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
0-2
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

cooters22

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-15, beat Cleveland. We have no depth, terrible line, qb is a first time starter in a new system, 100% uncertainty in our receiving core and I think we are awful there. We will see.
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with 5-7 wins....with a ceiling of 9 if everything clicks (and Glennon balls out)

The problem really is injuries and depth... I think we're a 9 win team if people are all playing healthy... but that's a big if.

I also think that we're going to end up starting Trubisky at some point this season, and people are going to massively overreact when he doesn't light things up immediately (nearly every rookie QB sucks their rookie year)... which could make things super dicey for Fox and friends down the stretch.

That said, I expect this to be a rebuilding/foundational/developmental year for us anyhow, so the sooner Trubisky/Braverman/White/Shaheen/Cohen can get in and start making plays/getting experience the better.... I'm less worried about our record than I am about losing Fangio in the likely inevitable coaching purge. Fox and Loggains can go, and while I do wish Fangio had a more aggressive style, I can't deny that he's getting far better production than he should with the talent he has.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
5-11. Wins against Detroit, Minnesota, GB, Cleveland and SF

Wishful thinking, please explain how they possibly going to beat Detroit or Green Bay?

I think the Packers are in for a rude awakening this season...we saw how injury can demolish a team...the Packers are one injury away from being just as bad as us...Rodgers is amazing and covers so many short comings...but losing Sitton during last season...now TJ Lang & JC Tretter and their interior OL is terrible...Rodgers is 33 years old and as good as he is he is just like every QB...hates pressure in his face and being hit...if they don't keep him upright they are done...I make the Lions the favorite for the division right now...and if the Vikings can get Treadwell on track they might be their biggest competition.
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

Wishful thinking, please explain how they possibly going to beat Detroit or Green Bay?

I think the Packers are in for a rude awakening this season...we saw how injury can demolish a team...the Packers are one injury away from being just as bad as us...Rodgers is amazing and covers so many short comings...but losing Sitton during last season...now TJ Lang & JC Tretter and their interior OL is terrible...Rodgers is 33 years old and as good as he is he is just like every QB...hates pressure in his face and being hit...if they don't keep him upright they are done...I make the Lions the favorite for the division right now...and if the Vikings can get Treadwell on track they might be their biggest competition.

I agree, Rodgers has a way of maskign some serious flaws in GB's team. I think we split with them this year in an upset. I'm pretty down on Minn after last year and, aside from Dalvin Cook I don't think they did much to get better. Detroit is looking pretty decent, which is annoying since for a long time I felt like the Bears and Lions were really similar teams with similar potential.

I look forward to this season to see how the team holds up, how the new guys look, and while I hope they hold Trubisky back until he's definitely ready, having a new QB is exciting as hell.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningVaccs wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:

I can't see more than 3 wins and this draft looks like they are throwing this year away. The Packers had a ton of injuries last year and the year before but it didn't make them bad.

I agree, Rodgers has a way of maskign some serious flaws in GB's team. I think we split with them this year in an upset. I'm pretty down on Minn after last year and, aside from Dalvin Cook I don't think they did much to get better. Detroit is looking pretty decent, which is annoying since for a long time I felt like the Bears and Lions were really similar teams with similar potential.

I look forward to this season to see how the team holds up, how the new guys look, and while I hope they hold Trubisky back until he's definitely ready, having a new QB is exciting as hell.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a little optimistic and say 7-9. I think Trubisky plays at some point next year though.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
shruj wrote:
I think we go 4-12 or 5-11 and Fox gets fired for McDaniels

I might stop being a fan. I'd rather have Patricia.

You don't pair a defensive coach with Trubisky...our next coach will be an offensive mind...McDainels...maybe even Carmichael.
A lot of people drawing this conclusion. Idk though, I think I would rather have a proven offensive commodity such as Jim Harbaugh or David Shaw. Both guys have demonstrated their offensive ability outside of other influences. McDaniels sucked unless he had Brady and Belichick, Carmichael is unknown as Sean Payton has been there the entire time.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
1-15, beat Cleveland. We have no depth, terrible line, qb is a first time starter in a new system, 100% uncertainty in our receiving core and I think we are awful there. We will see.

"We"?

You post in the Packer forum as a Packer fan....

Thanks for your opinion.

cooters22 wrote:
Victor1124 wrote:
If anyone offers the Packers a 3rd round pick or higher, they should definitely jump all over that.

I disagree. My starting asking price would be a 2nd and nothing less. We chose him in the 5th, originally he was mocked as about a third rounder. Now he has two years of being a backup to a very good qb, getting coached by maybe the best organization in football for developing young qb's. And given the fact that this was a awful qb draft. At the same token New England turned down a first round pick for Jimmy Girappolo. And I'm not ceratain that he's any better or that much better than Hundley. Keep the guy unless someone offers you a boatload. We need a backup until we trade him next season.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:

"We"?

You post in the Packer forum as a Packer fan....

Thanks for your opinion.

cooters22 wrote:
Victor1124 wrote:
If anyone offers the Packers a 3rd round pick or higher, they should definitely jump all over that.

I disagree. My starting asking price would be a 2nd and nothing less. We chose him in the 5th, originally he was mocked as about a third rounder. Now he has two years of being a backup to a very good qb, getting coached by maybe the best organization in football for developing young qb's. And given the fact that this was a awful qb draft. At the same token New England turned down a first round pick for Jimmy Girappolo. And I'm not ceratain that he's any better or that much better than Hundley. Keep the guy unless someone offers you a boatload. We need a backup until we trade him next season.

Waaait. You mean the guy I went after on draft night because I thought he was a meatheaded Bears fan is actually an idiotic Packers fan?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
shruj wrote:
I think we go 4-12 or 5-11 and Fox gets fired for McDaniels

I might stop being a fan. I'd rather have Patricia.

You don't pair a defensive coach with Trubisky...our next coach will be an offensive mind...McDainels...maybe even Carmichael.
A lot of people drawing this conclusion. Idk though, I think I would rather have a proven offensive commodity such as Jim Harbaugh or David Shaw. Both guys have demonstrated their offensive ability outside of other influences. McDaniels sucked unless he had Brady and Belichick, Carmichael is unknown as Sean Payton has been there the entire time.

Wouldn't we all but that's going to be tough to get Shaw out of Stanford and impossible to get Harbaugh out of Michigan...guys like McDaniels, Carmichael Jr & maybe even Cooter or Todd Downing are more realistic targets.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears stay healthier than last year, which should be easy.

If they get consistent, not even good, QB play.

I think they can go 7-9 and save Fox's job. I will be intrigued to see what Loggains gets from Glennon. I am not as down on him as I was when Cutler was playing.
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Waaait. You mean the guy I went after on draft night because I thought he was a meatheaded Bears fan is actually an idiotic Packers fan?

I sure hope not. For any number of reasons. I suppose it's possible he's a fan of both teams...but considering the current fan environment in the NFL, I'd peg it as unlikely. I'll take it up with the mods if no one else feels strongly about it.
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears stay healthier than last year, which should be easy.

If they get consistent, not even good, QB play.

I think they can go 7-9 and save Fox's job. I will be intrigued to see what Loggains gets from Glennon. I am not as down on him as I was when Cutler was playing.

I wasn't down on Loggains before the season, but when I saw what he was able to orchestrate, with so many factors working against him, I became a fan. If Pace ends up booting Fox, I hope he keeps everyone else, as they are so much better than good...
_

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: