Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steller Steeler receiver corp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB- Nothing to discuss here.
Bryant- They want him to be the #2, as long as he is in a good place off the field and performs like has in year's past he will hold onto this spot. Very short leash as someone else said though.
Juju- He's a second rounder so I'm anticipating he's going to be at least be the slot receiver.
Eli- Penciled him in as the team's slot receiver but Juju being picked so high you gotta figure he's going to see the field early.
Coates/Hunter- I think one of them will be cut. Both are really insurance in case Bryant is not available for some reason.
DHB- Tomlin likes this guy. I never have but I think he'll find his way on the roster somehow.
Ayers-Practice squad.

🐝🐝🐝 TRIPLE BEES 🐝🐝🐝

Last edited by ComebackKid on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we might outscore the pats with this but I see our DC/HC finding a wa y to lose by playing zones. Avg 35 pst a game the rest of the year, then only get 17 in the title game, sounds about right.
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
warfelg wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
The Steelers like Rogers way too much to get rid of him.

I don't think they like him as much as you think if they drafted 2 WR's and signed 1 since he's been here.

In my opinion that has more to do with Bryant's off the field problems and Coates inability to consistency catch passes more than their view of Rogers.

The competition at that position will probably be the most intense during training camp and will only help everyone involve become better. If Bryant and Coates can keep their focus then the Steelers easily have the best WR corps in the league.
are you the wr guru?

2 of them were brought in to do things that the supposedly "love" from Eli. Possession ability.

I think there's a real shot that Ayers upends Eli because Ayers does all the same things plus the ability to return kicks and punts. I've said it before. Eli is a dime a dozen slot WR.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coates better be gone, not Eli or Ayers.
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers2014 wrote:
warfelg wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
warfelg wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
The Steelers like Rogers way too much to get rid of him.

I don't think they like him as much as you think if they drafted 2 WR's and signed 1 since he's been here.

In my opinion that has more to do with Bryant's off the field problems and Coates inability to consistency catch passes more than their view of Rogers.

The competition at that position will probably be the most intense during training camp and will only help everyone involve become better. If Bryant and Coates can keep their focus then the Steelers easily have the best WR corps in the league.

2 of them were brought in to do things that the supposedly "love" from Eli. Possession ability.

I think there's a real shot that Ayers upends Eli because Ayers does all the same things plus the ability to return kicks and punts. I've said it before. Eli is a dime a dozen slot WR.
are you the wr guru?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

The Coates hate on here is pretty stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

no it isn't. Based on performance if there is a choice between coates, rogers or ayers, I would cut coates - too many dropped passes. We have this discussion because we have too many WR's. If we had this for OLB, our team would be better imo.
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

no it isn't. Based on performance if there is a choice between coates, rogers or ayers, I would cut coates - too many dropped passes. We have this discussion because we have too many WR's. If we had this for OLB, our team would be better imo.

Let me preface this in saying I'm a big Ayers fan and like what he can bring to this team

I would cut Ayers 11/10 times over Coates

Welcome to Sixburgh.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Everyone got too spoiled with Martavis and our depth at receiver in general. Just throw on the Jets game that Coates balled out in if you need any verification. People forget that Martavis has had a few concentration drops as well.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Everyone got too spoiled with Martavis and our depth at receiver in general. Just throw on the Jets game that Coates balled out in if you need any verification. People forget that Martavis has had a few concentration drops as well.

coates has had good games , but too many drops and some penalties that were costly.

If we were having this debate about OLB, but then again Jarvis is gone so we have 1 less player to cut Wink
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Agreed.

1. AB - obvious
2. Bryant - has worked hard and is clean. I think that baby has him straight!
3. Rogers - He earned his spot.
4. JuJu - who was the last round 2 WR we took? Let us pray...
5. Coates - once hands are healed he is a fixture! Bryant's tweet is motivation...
6. Ayers/DHB - this depends on who earns it on STs. DHB is one of our top special teams players and also a great locker room guy!

Outside looking in: Cobi Hamilton and Justin Hunter

Camp Fodder: Dez Stewart, Canaan Severin and Marcus Tucker
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

coates has had good games , but too many drops and some penalties that were costly.

If we were having this debate about OLB, but then again Jarvis is gone so we have 1 less player to cut Wink

Hey I got an idea:
Lets give you a deep cut in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger and stitch it up; then as you to catch passes. Then for good measure, we'll break two fingers on one hand and 1 on the other, and still ask you to catch it. Oh wait that wasn't hard enough? We'll also ask you to hand fight someone 70 yards down field where your expected to tackle someone with those stitches and broken fingers.

Think you could still catch the ball really well?

Because that was Coates's year last year.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

that was his best-awful game
Dcash4

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coates hate Shocked

Its gonna be a solid year for competition to crack this roster.

Locks:
- AB - Duh
- JuJu - Just drafted in the second. He is here
- Coates - He will make this roster if for nothing more than special teams, but its probably a certainty.

Fence, but leaning in:
- Bryant: Most likely here because of so much talent, but he should start worrying
- Rogers: Im getting close to leaning out, especially if JuJu can be the slot. AB, Bryant, and then a tough body guy like JuJu in the slot could be a nightmare.

Gotta be big in camp:
- Ayers: I think he is more talented than Rogers, but I think he will have to have a big camp and show his skills off in the return game to take the spot.

Bye:
- Hunter: Like others said, was here in case Bryant wasnt.
- DHB: Coates is the immediate ST replacement, and offers more on offense moving forward. Just no need.
- Side note on both: I doubt either guy gets a full time gig this year after we cut them, so they are probably both on speed dial in case of injury.

The 5 I would like to see:
- AB
- Bryant
- JuJu
- Ayers
- Coates

AB and Bryant in most two wide sets. JuJu and Ayers can split slot duty depending on style of game. Coates is the second deep threat and special teams ace.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
The coates hate Shocked

Its gonna be a solid year for competition to crack this roster.

Locks:
- AB - Duh
- JuJu - Just drafted in the second. He is here
- Coates - He will make this roster if for nothing more than special teams, but its probably a certainty.

Fence, but leaning in:
- Bryant: Most likely here because of so much talent, but he should start worrying
- Rogers: Im getting close to leaning out, especially if JuJu can be the slot. AB, Bryant, and then a tough body guy like JuJu in the slot could be a nightmare.

Gotta be big in camp:
- Ayers: I think he is more talented than Rogers, but I think he will have to have a big camp and show his skills off in the return game to take the spot.

Bye:
- Hunter: Like others said, was here in case Bryant wasnt.
- DHB: Coates is the immediate ST replacement, and offers more on offense moving forward. Just no need.
- Side note on both: I doubt either guy gets a full time gig this year after we cut them, so they are probably both on speed dial in case of injury.

The 5 I would like to see:
- AB
- Bryant
- JuJu
- Ayers
- Coates

AB and Bryant in most two wide sets. JuJu and Ayers can split slot duty depending on style of game. Coates is the second deep threat and special teams ace.

They've carried 6 the past few years. It's a 3 man race for 2 spots with 1 of DHB, Hunter, Ayers on the outside looking in.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: