Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do Not Fall For The Darnold Hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
things like this that really make me think he may be threat to stay but no way am I getting my hopes up if he plays as well this year and most of us SC fans expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9GSt0Gutk

Watch Tom Hermans Texas team make him look like a total chump
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
There is zero correlation between Darnold and Barkley, Leinart, Sanchez.

There is a complete set of new coaches, systems, everything there.

He ain't better than Palmer, and I have never thought much of Palmer in his career
thats great, but I don't think Dak Prescott was better in college, or Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady, etc.
As a player? Cuz he easily was. Led them to the arguably the best season in program history.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
There is zero correlation between Darnold and Barkley, Leinart, Sanchez.

There is a complete set of new coaches, systems, everything there.

He ain't better than Palmer, and I have never thought much of Palmer in his career
thats great, but I don't think Dak Prescott was better in college, or Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady, etc.

Rodgers was definitely better than Darnold. So far Dak has more years under his belt in college, and little miss priss thank you Walt Coleman and paul tagliabue for my entire career, barely played a down in college
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
things like this that really make me think he may be threat to stay but no way am I getting my hopes up if he plays as well this year and most of us SC fans expect.

I watched that yesterday. It's always a possibility he stays another year. Goff was a Cal guy from birth the same way Darnold is a USC guy from birth and Goff left after three years.

That Cal team was poopy though. If he feels they have a shot at a NC that's different than coming back to a Cal team to go 4-6.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

I watched that yesterday. It's always a possibility he stays another year. Goff was a Cal guy from birth the same way Darnold is a USC guy from birth and Goff left after three years.

Goff left a middling-at-best program that was' barely bowl eligible. If USC is a legitimate NC contender - and particularly if they are and come up short - he'll return. He really wants to be the guy at the helm that returns USC to the what it was in the late 90/early 2000's (the winning, not the cheating).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Brown ever start over Darnold? Brown is terrible (and the starting QB to my favorite college team..Sigh)

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
He's a great, great prospect. Excited to see how him and the Rosen One develop this year.

Darnold and Rosen are seemingly completely different character wise.

Rosen from what I've heard is a big [inappropriate/removed] that is full of himself and can rub people the wrong way.

Darnold on the other hand is pretty quiet and humble guy that just commands respect through his actions/play.

I think if you are a GM and you have a similar grade on them, then you are going with Darnold without a second thought.

Maybe I've heard wrong and Rosen really isn't the way, but it seems like there are too many people talking about it for it to be completely false.

Report: AFC Executive Says UCLA QB Josh Rosen Is “A Mess Off The Field”
Quote:
One AFC college scouting director told writer Albert Breer that Rosen has “a ton of ability but tons of issues, like dedication, to work through.” Another AFC executive was a little harsher, describing him as a “mess” off the field.

Quote:
“He’s the one I know the best—he’s got size, athletic tools, velocity. He’s just a mess off the field and he’s coming off the injury. He needs to grow up, but the talent is off the charts.”

Now, this isn’t the first time Rosen has been questioned. Critics have wondered about his maturity and off-field decision making in the past.

Like this article just dropped today.

The interviews at the combine and team meetings will be huge for him.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q8vrVxILTCCnXGbuBj8c6OJoqIYeTQg1-aXYrye9xtY/edit?usp=sharing

My report on Sam Darnold.

Nice preliminary report.

There is something about the new format that bugs me a bit though. It might be the picture and measurables being in the middle and how the sections are separated. I think it would also be easier to read if all the sections were on top of each other with Background (First), Positives (Second), Negatives (Third), and Outlook (Last).
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what people take issue with on Josh Rosen. The dude knows he comes from a wealthy family. He acknowledges he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. All he does is have fun and look out for his teammates who have disadvantages. The guy started a fundraising event in high school without telling anyone and raised thousands of dollars so all his teammates could travel to Hawaii. The dude gripes about the NCAA taking advantage of less fortunate people. What it really comes down to is that he upsets old-school football dudes who want him to shut up. Rosen looks out for people who got a raw deal and does what he can within the rules to speak out about it. What a terrible guy. I can't speak to his work ethic. But he just seems like a young guy who likes to have fun and poke the man once and a while. He's inquisitive and likes to ask why, and that upsets people.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
I really don't understand what people take issue with on Josh Rosen. The dude knows he comes from a wealthy family. He acknowledges he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. All he does is have fun and look out for his teammates who have disadvantages. The guy started a fundraising event in high school without telling anyone and raised thousands of dollars so all his teammates could travel to Hawaii. The dude gripes about the NCAA taking advantage of less fortunate people. What it really comes down to is that he upsets old-school football dudes who want him to shut up. Rosen looks out for people who got a raw deal and does what he can within the rules to speak out about it. What a terrible guy. I can't speak to his work ethic. But he just seems like a young guy who likes to have fun and poke the man once and a while. He's inquisitive and likes to ask why, and that upsets people.

Another Manziel
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
How did Brown ever start over Darnold? Brown is terrible (and the starting QB to my favorite college team..Sigh)

I believe they were afraid Browne would transfer and they would have no backup, so they started him.

Darnold was better from the start, and they knew it but still went that way.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:

You might be right. Like I said there may be stuff I don't know. It's impossible to know if we're being fed a false narrative, but obviously you don't like hearing the stuff about him that has been put out there by multiple people.

We'll see. People out there questioned Cam Newton's character when he was a prospect and he's been nothing but a great role model for kids since entering the league.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

Another Manziel

Not at all.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

Another Manziel

Not at all.

Not on the Field. But Definitely off the Field. Similar to Manziel, He comes from a wealthy family, but not Texas Oil Wealthy
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
Not on the Field. But Definitely off the Field. Similar to Manziel, He comes from a wealthy family, but not Texas Oil Wealthy

They both came from money but they're not alike off the field at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: