Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your thoughts on the whole draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add, don't snooze on our new OLine coach and QB coach either as upgrades. I could easily see a 7 win season for the team.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
I have a hunch we play merry go round QBs to not only see what we have in guys, but also to lose games..............or to at least not win too many game. Better to go 3-13 than 6-10.

Jesus God we'd better win more than 3 games.

There won't be a fan left if we win 7 games in 3 years.

Yes there will. 2 wins is "improvement", then we get our QB, then we have excitement. yayyy
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
I would like to add, don't snooze on our new OLine coach and QB coach either as upgrades. I could easily see a 7 win season for the team.

Define "easily"
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:

Yeah Lee should make Kizer a stud! At least make him a better Tyrod Taylor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
I have a hunch we play merry go round QBs to not only see what we have in guys, but also to lose games..............or to at least not win too many game. Better to go 3-13 than 6-10.

Jesus God we'd better win more than 3 games.

There won't be a fan left if we win 7 games in 3 years.

Yes there will. 2 wins is "improvement", then we get our QB, then we have excitement. yayyy

I get we're not going to be great, but the tanking crap has to be over IMO.

It's impossible to change the culture if you're always playing for picks.

I think the free agents and draft picks indicate a desire to win now, at least to some degree.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See to me we never tanked

Tanking to me is not playing up to the talent level you have for the purpose of getting a better draft pick

To me that didn't apply to us. We never had the talent in the first place.

We didn't take we just built from the ground floor. We never had players to tank with. We just were totally undermanned

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

Tanking to me is not playing up to the talent level you have for the purpose of getting a better draft pick

We didn't take we just built from the ground floor. We never had players to tank with. We just were totally undermanned

Old saying, coaches and players don't tank, GM's do.

That was applicable here last season.

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Old saying, coaches and players don't tank, GM's do.

That was applicable here last season.

There was also some (mis)fortune. We were 1-5 in games decided by 5 or fewer points (5 of the games were 3 or less points). There were several other games where we were in it until a big run (Cin) or a big fumble return (NYG) or a bad 4th quarter (Wash) or a coaching decision (BAL) took us out of the game.

We were bad but we if could have been extremely fortunate we could have won 10 games. Just a little luck and we were a 5 win team. That is my starting point. 5 wins and I'll be satisfied. I think if we start Kessler we have a legitimate chance to win 8 or more games.

Split with Balt/Cin. Indy, NYJ, Hou, Minn, DET, Jax, LA Rams, Chi, Tenn.

11 games we should realistically be in. 12 if you count Baltimore twice (I do). A Roethlisberger injury and you can add another. If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt too then there isn't a game that we shouldn't be able to put a good effort against. I think we win between 5 and 9 games. A lot rides on Greg Williams shoulders to get the D ready and Cody Kessler staying smart but having time to take advantage of things where he couldn't last year.

I am an optimist but this schedule isn't brutal. We need a good start to the season though, even if we don't win we need to make our presence felt against Pittsburgh. Get some confidence going and let the game come to us instead of playing at too much speed to be effective as players.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure we lost a lot by just a bit, but this is the NFL and that's how most games go. Teams don't typically get blown out by 4 scores like in college.

To that point, we had the worst point differential in the league last season.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/points-for-and-against/2016/

That's a pretty good indicator that we weren't that competitive.

DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:

Define "easily"

All it will take is catching a few good breaks.

Staying relatively healthy, especially at the QB position so its not a revolving door. The QB doesn't have to be great, just whoever wins the position in the preseason, holds it down most of the year (stability at the most important position on the field).

Progression from our 2016 draft class.

Britt not being Dwayne Bowe part 2.

The rookies this year living up to expectations.

To me, a huge part of last years downfall belongs to the OLine, they kept the QBs killed, and the revolving door spinning. An offense can not get any rhythm that way. It kept the entire offense off kilter, for the entire season. We had guys coming in off of the street and starting the next week. Between our new OLine coach, and FA signings, that should be light years ahead of last year. If we can find stability, this should help the running game as well as the passing game.

The defense is also on paper tremendously improved, by the scheme change, player upgrades. Also, while there are questions in the secondary, its not like they are any worse than they were last year.

Tramon Williams gone? Burnt toast. Poyer gone, who?

In short, murphey's law can still strike, and we may only win a few. If it doesn't, 7 is definitely attainable.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:

If Hue does this, without injuries, he needs to be fired on the spot. That is how you destroy a good culture with the team, not build one. Every QB will have to be looking over their shoulder, and the rest of the team will know that if they would do that to the most important position on the team, they will do it to them too. Everyone will be worried about everyone else screwing them over.

It destroyed the team first mentality and promotes a me first mentality.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Sure we lost a lot by just a bit, but this is the NFL and that's how most games go. Teams don't typically get blown out by 4 scores like in college.

To that point, we had the worst point differential in the league last season.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/points-for-and-against/2016/

That's a pretty good indicator that we weren't that competitive.

Eh, the only games we really weren't competitive were against the Eagles with RGIII, The Patriots with clipboard Jesus, the Bengals with Hogan, The Cowboys with Kessler and the Bengals and Bills with RGIII again.

We were a bad team, I'm not denying that at all or we would have won more than just the one game that we were in. If we had a poor performance by a QB we were out of the game. Good teams overcome that and at least compete.

On the flip side when we had decent games from our QB we were competitive and within striking distance minus the Cowboy game.

We were bad. We weren't 1999 bad, at least not the vast majority of the games and we were extremely young. I won't be happy at all with 4 wins this year. Content with 5 but expecting a couple more depending on who plays QB and how they perform. I'd set out over/under expected wins at 6.5 with Kessler starting. I have no idea about Kizer but right now I'd expect that to be lower but I'm all for being pleasantly surprised. I'd probably say 3 or 4 with Osweiler, he'll lose you games himself based on his track record and we won't be good enough to overcome that the majority of the time.

If you (not you) don't expect our defense to be better then something is wrong. If we can stay healthy on the offensive line there is no reason Kessler and company shouldn't score an additional TD per game which would put us in the middle of the pack. I'm not guaranteeing playoffs but if we could be a middle of the pack offense and defense which I don't think is out of the question then with our youth we are definitely heading in the direction of the playoffs in the not too distant future.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

If Hue does this, without injuries, he needs to be fired on the spot. That is how you destroy a good culture with the team, not build one. Every QB will have to be looking over their shoulder, and the rest of the team will know that if they would do that to the most important position on the team, they will do it to them too. Everyone will be worried about everyone else screwing them over.

Amen! You play to win. If Hue was part of this then we deserve to lose every single competitive quality player we have to FA.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Amen! You play to win. If Hue was part of this then we deserve to lose every single competitive quality player we have to FA.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

See I dont think Hue is like that.

If he was all about tanking, in that last ravens game, he would of never put McCown in. McCown gave us a punchers chance because of his ability to thrown down hill. If Hue was rolling over, he would of kept Kessler in.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett will look good coming around the edge wearing that number 95.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: