Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your thoughts on the whole draft?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Your thoughts on the whole draft? Reply with quote

I'm really impressed by what our Front office has done.

I like that we don't reach on players. I like that we turned two first round picks this year into three first round picks this year and two next year.

We did what we always should of at one and took the best player in the draft.

We got athletes who love football through out the draft. It would of been nice to get a FS but you can't fix everything.

We didn't reach on a QB in what is not seen as a good QB class. We let one with a high upside fall to us.

For next years draft we have.

We are young athletic and set up for the future

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I wouldve preferred to have kept 12, taken Hooker instead of trading down.

Also wouldve traded with the Saints on top of the 3rd for their 3rd and next years 2nd.

Besides that I think this draft was a home run.

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
I think I wouldve preferred to have kept 12, taken Hooker instead of trading down.

Also wouldve traded with the Saints on top of the 3rd for their 3rd and next years 2nd.

So you prefer Hooker over Peppers and a 2018 first?

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We majorly upgraded in the trenches and nabbed a potential franchise QB (I'm not reading a damn thing Dizzy says). We continue to add athletes which is something we've sorely lacked. Something that gets slightly overlooked is the fact Jamie Collins will have a full year here. Overall, I really like that even us fans understand the types of players they want and draft (high character and athleticism).

I think we win 6 games next year. Which is enough for everybody to keep their jobs.

**Side note, was Schefter right about anything Cleveland related?

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
We majorly upgraded in the trenches and nabbed a potential franchise QB (I'm not reading a damn thing Dizzy says). We continue to add athletes which is something we've sorely lacked. Something that gets slightly overlooked is the fact Jamie Collins will have a full year here. Overall, I really like that even us fans understand the types of players they want and draft (high character and athleticism).

I think we win 6 games next year. Which is enough for everybody to keep their jobs.

Nope. No leaks out of that building

candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Nope. No leaks out of that building

I don't think Schefty is a liar, but fans need to realize that teams are going to use him and play him like a fiddle.

candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like that NOBODY gives a s*** what the media thinks, coaches and front office people.

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I also like that NOBODY gives a s*** what the media thinks, coaches and front office people.

You can tell that don't have much respect for our media

ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

So you prefer Hooker over Peppers and a 2018 first?

Yes mainly because I think the houston pick will be a low first. No QB or Watt they made it to the playoffs. Now Savage has more experience, Watson will ball out for them in the clutch and they get the best defensive player in the league back

Plus I just had a really strong feeling about Hooker being an all pro FS

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some players they took that I didn't get at the time but Overall it was very good.

-Didn't reach on a QB. They got a QB rated similarly to all the ones taken in the first at 52. Can't complain.
-Didn't panic and took garret.
-Stayed true to their board. Evident by the ogunjobi/Howard picks
-Got another first for 2018 on top of drafting 3 times in the first round. Stop and think about that for a minute.
-Drafted players that fit their scheme FOR ONCE. Peppers, Ogunjobi, Brantley and Garrett will all be pieces of this new GW defense.

Because I feel like we lack several starters in the secondary and a #1 WR, I give it a B+
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the majority liked our draft and we did get better athletes.

I'm not going to pretend that I would have given an A+ if someone mocked that draft though.

Garrett was likely the right choice and an easy one at #1 but I don't see an immediate great player, a useful one though.

Peppers fits our defense, wouldn't have been a top 5 safety prospect by me though.

Njoku is an upgrade as a receiver over Barnidge, probably more of a luxury pick though as we replaced a competent starter when we could have replaced a below average starter elsewhere.

Kizer is a good project QB, probably a little high to select one there but we got a QB and that satisfied a lot of people.

I won't pretend to really know the rest of the players we selected. The positions we selected make sense for the most part though.

I would probably give it a B-. I'm not disappointed just not thrilled with the football players we selected but excited to see if the athletes we selected turn into great football players.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I was extremely impressed (and I know you are reading this candy, don't even pretend like you aren't Laughing ).

We did reach on a QB, I did want one, but not until round 3 at the earliest, preferably later.

He is a project, with big time potential to be mediocre or worse. We already had a guy in Osweiler with every bit as much potential. I would have rather taken Kelly with our very last pick, and a DB at 52, and no RB at all.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Overall, I was extremely impressed (and I know you are reading this candy, don't even pretend like you aren't Laughing ).

We did reach on a QB, I did want one, but not until round 3 at the earliest, preferably later.

He is a project, with big time potential to be mediocre or worse. We already had a guy in Osweiler with every bit as much potential. I would have rather taken Kelly with our very last pick, and a DB at 52, and no RB at all.

I can't truly call it a reach when they took a QB at 52 that many thought would go in the first and that many had rated similar to the QBs drafted high.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of our top 4 picks all have a very good chance to have a better pro career than their college one.

the last two times we had 3 times we had 2 or more 1st the players peaked in college.

Pass rushers often get better in the pros especially ones with elite physical traits.
Garret will hopefully be schemed better into the defense and also add moves to get to the QB, also he may not yet be at his physical peak.

Peppers, another guy that can be better schemed, he was a SS playing linebacker in college, tremendous IQ apparently and physical jumps off the screen.

Njuku, good college production with excellent highlights.

Kizer, had a bad line and bad receivers his last year in college. if he has a good platofrm in front of him set by the oline and desire to succeed then he has all the tools to be great.
He will also have a better coach in the nil in hue than he had in college, which will make a big difference for him.
If he gets his footwork tided up then he can be very good.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers concerns me. Other than that I'm happy. Kizer has been my favorite qb for a while. Garrett was obvious. Njoku is gonna be a matchup nightmare. Brantley could be one of the steals of the draft if he's not guilty.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: