Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How would you grade this draft for the Packers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny how they punished him for having a girl in his room but they are a religion that practices polygamy...lol
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopackgo247 wrote:
I find it funny how they punished him for having a girl in his room but they are a religion that practices polygamy...lol

Yes, but they are married first. No touch before. ALL touch after.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

squire12

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopackgo247 wrote:

Does that mean if there is more than 1 female things are all good then?
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:

Does that mean if there is more than 1 female things are all good then?

Its ok for awhile, but inevitably one of the girls gets jealous that the other one is getting too much...attention
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough draft to grade IMO because DBs usually take their lumps as rookies even when they do make an impact in their first year. Everyone pointing to Shields and others as examples- yes- they made an impact, but they also gave up a lot of plays. That happens at the CB spot so we as fans will have to be patient. I like the idea of the CB group now as long as Gunter is regulated to 4-5th CB on the field.

I liked the King pick obviously. The Jones pick was a bit of a surprise, but they were looking to add speed, size and athleticism in the back end. Tough to argue with selecting who they did at that spot given the other pure CBs that were available at that slot except for maybe Tankersley. I was high on him at CB.

Pass rush needed to be addressed, so with a lack of OLB of value really there, trying to address the pass rush at the line was not a bad strategy IMO. The Adams pick to me is just a matter of taking another swing. Big guys with pass rush potential - you swing and miss a lot but you need to keep swinging. Adams needs to make sure he becomes Daniels new best friend. I preferred J Johnson because I feel more comfortable in getting the most from him, but from a potential standpoint, Adams has the higher ceiling.

Biegel is a good pick given the value and what was left available at a position of need. So long as he stays healthy, he will have an impact on the field in some way this year even if it is not immediately recognizable on D. Again, addressing the other glaring need of the team- pass rush.

My favorite part of this draft was getting 3 RBs later in the draft. Not a fan of getting Williams as high as they did, but he is the prototypical Lambeau Field December and January runner. I just thought it was a bit of a reach. I loved getting Mayes and Jones later. Mayes is a guy I thought is better then his draft position but given his circumstances he fell. I am pretty certain the Pack will be able to find a good ground game with the 4 RBs on the roster post draft.

I am not a fan of the Yancey selection ATM, but I am hoping for the best. I did like taking a chance on Dupree late because he has all the makings if he could just get a decent position coach and QB. Given the need for WRs in the near future, I can see the need for adding more here. Davis and Allison are nothing special at this time and need to get better to deserve their spot moving forward. Janis, if healthy, is pretty much a lock IMO because of his ST play.

Amichia is going to be a starter in year 2 or 3 IMO. Love the pick. Wish we could have gotten another one of the Oline prospects I liked instead of Yancey.

My summary: Good draft! B-B+ IMO. If only one of the better Rush OLB prospects was there in round 3 it would have been a tremendous draft. My only quibbles were with the Yancey selection and to a lesser degree the Adams selection. Hopefully all the picks turn out to be great players as long as they wear green and gold.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of guys from here have asked me to go over this Packers class. I only have my phone with me or I'd do it now. I'll get on in the next day or so and give ya my two cents. Pretty nice Packers class though. A few I liked, a few I didn't, and one we pulled on medical.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Bunch of guys from here have asked me to go over this Packers class. I only have my phone with me or I'd do it now. I'll get on in the next day or so and give ya my two cents. Pretty nice Packers class though. A few I liked, a few I didn't, and one we pulled on medical.

Awesome .. looking forward to it!
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

A few Palmy liked:
Kevin King
Jamaal Williams
Kofi Amichia
Josh Jones

A few he didn't:
Vince Biegel
Deangelo Yancey
Malachi Dupre (Palmy only likes small WRs Smile

Medical... Montravius Adams?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Gotta be Mays or Kofi... I hope

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B - Kevin King - im not sure how much hes gonna contribute early on... but this is the kind of CB ive wanted in GB for a long time as far as a build standpoint goes

C - Josh Jones - im curious to see how he fits in this D... this is a pretty high pick for a guy to be a backup. are they already planning on life without burnett? love the measurable though (just hope hes not another jerron mcmillian type with crazy #'s who never transitioned)

B - Montravius Adams - another big dude with impressive measurables... & has a very significant chance to see the field a lot early on.

A - Vince Biegel - easily the packers best pick of the draft imo... has a good opportunity to see the field early & often. best value by far for TT this draft

D - Jamaal Williams - a little underwhelmed with this pick... had really good production in college, but I really would have liked one of the guys from the top tier crop earlier in the draft (cook specifically was my RB crush)

C - DeAngelo Yancy - fits the TT standard of WR he likes to draft... & its hard to argue how well those guys have panned out for the pack over his tenure

C - Aaron Jones - a bit of rarity in terms of what TT likes when it comes to the size requirements of his picks... but im a bit more excited about Aaron then i was with Jamaal at the slot drafted

B - Kofi Amichia - i really think hes gonna be a quality starter @ guard for us in a year or 2 (TT always seems to get good value from these kinda guys later in the draft too)

D - Devante Mays - hopefully adds good competition to the other 2 drafted RB's... not sure there is a place on the 53 for him but definitely a PS candidate early)

C - Malachi Dupre - another guy with the typical TT mold to compete in camp... i think hes a much better player then his LSU production indicates so im optimistic hes gonna be a hard cut this year
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

It was Biegel with a foot.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

i hope that wont come back to haunt him before camp
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

A few Palmy liked:
Kevin King
Jamaal Williams
Kofi Amichia
Josh Jones

A few he didn't:
Vince Biegel
Deangelo Yancey

That one made me laugh. It's not that I don't like big/tall WR's. They just often have "tells" and it's hard enough getting open at this level. We all love the big ones with loose hips that can get in and out of it clean. For every Nelson, Bryant, and Jones I see there are ten that can't get away from NFL level DB's though. When I say that's a mold I don't love it's just me playing the numbers game really.
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

A few Palmy liked:
Kevin King
Jamaal Williams
Kofi Amichia
Josh Jones

A few he didn't:
Vince Biegel
Deangelo Yancey

That one made me laugh. It's not that I don't like big/tall WR's. They just often have "tells" and it's hard enough getting open at this level. We all love the big ones with loose hips that can get in and out of it clean. For every Nelson, Bryant, and Jones I see there are ten that can't get away from NFL level DB's though. When I say that's a mold I don't love it's just me playing the numbers game really.

Is that something that can be developed or is that just something that some big WRs only have has a natural attribute?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

in the study

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: