You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Draft Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edro

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
edro wrote:
Serious question: anybody concerned about Orakpo & Morgan's ability to rush the passer? Can we get by another year with them?

In general, I'm tired of hearing people play the "We need more weapons for Marcus" argument. He's got Delanie & DeMarco along with decent WR's. A great run game and solid defense are the only things the great ones need.

Kerry Collins got things done with Justin Gage & Bo Scaife. Child, please. Nowadays if QB's don't have Randy Moss the fans go nuts, accusing the team of sabotaging the QB.

We got two more WR weapons so no more excuses. Along with another TE. Two more WR's at the expense of pass rushers. No more excuses why we can't we win this division, either!

Yes Delanie and Demarco are good weapons, but decent WRs? He was throwing to a life time number 3 in Matthews as his 1 last year Harry Douglass, and a 5th rounder that couldn't get open. Those WR are far from decent. We were top 10 in sacks last year, so I think they got to the passer pretty well. Lack of coverage is why our defense failed. We addressed our secondary.

Would I like more depth for our edge? Yes but Dodd is a 2nd year guy who knows what he will be. The weapons you seem to be against are only going to help the run game as well. So calm down buddy

Yeah, you better pray that Corey Davis is more Randy Moss than Kevin Dyson.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray he's more T.O minus the headache.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
edro wrote:
Serious question: anybody concerned about Orakpo & Morgan's ability to rush the passer? Can we get by another year with them?

In general, I'm tired of hearing people play the "We need more weapons for Marcus" argument. He's got Delanie & DeMarco along with decent WR's. A great run game and solid defense are the only things the great ones need.

Kerry Collins got things done with Justin Gage & Bo Scaife. Child, please. Nowadays if QB's don't have Randy Moss the fans go nuts, accusing the team of sabotaging the QB.

We got two more WR weapons so no more excuses. Along with another TE. Two more WR's at the expense of pass rushers. No more excuses why we can't we win this division, either!

Yes Delanie and Demarco are good weapons, but decent WRs? He was throwing to a life time number 3 in Matthews as his 1 last year Harry Douglass, and a 5th rounder that couldn't get open. Those WR are far from decent. We were top 10 in sacks last year, so I think they got to the passer pretty well. Lack of coverage is why our defense failed. We addressed our secondary.

Would I like more depth for our edge? Yes but Dodd is a 2nd year guy who knows what he will be. The weapons you seem to be against are only going to help the run game as well. So calm down buddy

Yeah, you better pray that Corey Davis is more Randy Moss than Kevin Dyson.

I have a slight feeling you just aren't a fan of Corey Davis. Which player would you have taken at 5? Whoever it is you better pray they are more a good player than a bust. No pass rusher was there that would've been worth the 5th pick. It's not our biggest need, we lacked play makers on the outside. Also I hope Corey Davis is more a young Brandon Marshall minus the off field issues. He's not Randy Moss
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the draft a lot actually wish maybe they could have gotten another CB but overall I think the offense got a huge upgrade in Davis.

Rest of the team
I really hope Sharpe and Dodd can become something. I like both players and I would like to see Mariota complete a full season.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like is that, barring any type of setbacks, we seem set on offense now and for the foreseeable future. It's the perfect blend of proven vets(Delanie, Murray, Matthews), young guys on the rise (Lewan, Mariota, Conklin, Davis hopefully) and current role players who could/should be future starters (Henry, Jonnu Smith, Taywan Taylor).

Hopefully, we can now focus strictly on defense for the next couple of years. We could really set ourselves up to be a Super Bowl contender in a couple of years.

#MTGA
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda see the Marshall comparisons yet I don't.
I mean if we're talking YAC Marshall 👍🏾, but overall skill set, no.
Marshall pretty much his whole career, has never been a receiver that wins wit route running & separation.
Marshall always been like a dez Bryant; a physical specimen that bully's you.
He uses his body & kinda out rebound DBs.
Corey reminds me of T.O or Chad Johnson. He's fluid & smooth, gets separation & can win after the catch.
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One I've seen with Corey is AJ Green. Based on just body alone, they are almost the same size. He can win jump balls and he can beat you after the catch. He really is a perfect fit for this offense. Mariota's quick passes are going to light it up with him and he can provide a deep threat/red zone target also. Add in the fact that he is a willing blocker and he should be a day 1 starter.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
One I've seen with Corey is AJ Green. Based on just body alone, they are almost the same size. He can win jump balls and he can beat you after the catch. He really is a perfect fit for this offense. Mariota's quick passes are going to light it up with him and he can provide a deep threat/red zone target also. Add in the fact that he is a willing blocker and he should be a day 1 starter.

He and Taywan Taylor are perfect fits for Mariota. With Mariota's accuracy, they both should be YAC monsters.

I really think Taylor could be a gem. He had an elite time of 6.57 in the 3 cone drill (for comparisons sake Kendall Wright's was 6.93/Antonio Brown's was 6.98/Emmanuel Sanders 6.60), meaning his agility and quickness should transition nicely at the pro level. From eveything I've seen and read, he has the drive and work ethic to push himself to become a really good player. I just have a good feeling about him. I think he could work his way to being a perfect #2 to Davis's #1 down the line.

#MTGA
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only 1 thinking the titans would consider a creative package
Like Davis & walker on opposite sides & jonnu & taywan in the inside, in 4WR set spread package. Think of the mismatch. 2 TE's that move like WR to big for CBs, 2 shifty WRs that are dangerous in space after the catch 🙌🏾🙌🏾.
Also the competition this training camp is going to be great, tajae isn't going to roll over & die I follow him on IG & he looks like he's gotten bigger, Ridhard Matthews been competing his entire life.
I think we're going to carry 5 WR 4 TE's this yr
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Yes. We can get by with a pass-rushing duo that just combined for 20 sacks despite playing in front of the worst secondary in football and, as a result, virtually having zero chance to rack up the same kind of coverage sacks that most of the elite pass rushers benefit from over the course of a season.
Quote:

How about getting a freaking defense that can rush the passer.

We ranked sixth in the entire league in sacks last season.

Yeah, I don't quite understand. We've invested in the position. Not only were we 6th in sacks, we were also 2nd in pressures (better coverage turns more of those pressures into sacks). I remember seeing a PFF article (enter grain of salt disclaimer here) at the end of the season that ranked them as the most efficient pass rushing duo in the NFL (something along the lines of most pressures/hits/sacks per snap, something like that).

I know most of us are down on Dodd... have been since he was drafted. But they made a pretty heavy investment there with a high 2nd round pick. The coaches may see something in him, and are confident he's on the right track to recovery.

We have two 30M OLBs starting, and a 2nd year 2nd round pick as the heir apparent. Then there's also Casey, who is one of the better pass rushing 3-4 DEs in the NFL.

There's still a few veteran pass rushers they could take a look at if they're not comfortable with the current situation... FAs like Dumervil, Walden, Kruger, or an older pass rush only situational guy like Ware, Mathis, or Cole. I have a feeling they feel ok though...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone that cares for Greg Cosell's opinion....

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: Love Davis + Jackson for #Titans in the first round

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: Explosive element to Jackson that can be cultivated beyond White, who I preferred.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: @c_davis_81 will become something more like a Julio Jones, explode w/short pass beat angles,run away from angles

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: I think Corey Davis' game will translate very well. Hope for 60 catches w/15+ average, 7 or 8 TD would be big.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: @AdoreeKnows hasn't played a lot in slot. Explosive athlete, got better and better in last year at #USC.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: Man-to-man matching Jackson and Ryan with specific WRs with five-man rush in LeBeau wheelhouse now.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: #Titans added two guys who can run after catch. Critical in todays NFL, especially in run-first offense.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: If watch games, @EasyMoney_87 is really competitive blocker. One of best blocking TE in class. Very willing.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: Big concern with @EasyMoney_87 is far too many drops, double caught a lot of balls. #Titans

Quote:
.@GregCosell on @Midday180: @JayonBrown12 active, looked incredibly small on film. Looks to be sub package linebacker. Very good in coverage

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: Josh Carraway goes in category of Aaron Wallace last year. Lot of tools, has to be more physical, competitive.

Quote:
@GregCosell on @Midday180: @KhalfaniM is small, but he's got some versatility. If shows ability to work in pass game, will key transition.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
edro

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust J-Rob's scouting and picks, more than I've ever trusted anyone in Tennessee making decisions. He did well in NE, just look at the talent they drafted.

I was hoping to see a trade-down either @ 5 or 18. Because we finally have someone that can draft solid talent, I want to see us flushed with draft picks in the future. 1st round contracts eventually eat you alive on the salary cap. I really like what CLE and more so SF did in the draft. John Lynch is a beast for punking CHI.

Plus, having top picks in the draft is dangerous. There's tremendous bust potential.

People here are satisfied with the pass rush so I must be wrong. I like Davis' demeanor, attitude, and skills. We'll see how it goes. There's something to be said for pulling the trigger and making things happen with guys you like in the draft.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofy bit of trivia- all three of our top offensive draft picks (corey davis, taywan taylor, jonnu smith) received only one D1 offer out of high school. i know we like players with a chip on their shoulder, but sheesh. Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: