Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 7.12 (230) S Josh Harvey-Clemons, Louisville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
This guy has a pretty good breakdown of him and some of the other draft picks. https://twitter.com/p_connerjr?lang=en
Doc needs to watch the clips Paul Conner did of Roullier.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
This video is nothing but a smear campaign. Scouts had Harvey-Clemons pegged as a mid round first pick, there's no way he got graded as such by scouts if this is the only tape of him throughout his career. This video is bunch of BS! Twisted Evil

One single video is a smear campaign?

Scouts had him as a mid first round pick?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-harvey-clemons?id=2557880
Quote:
Draft Projection Round 6-7

Quote:
Here's a good break down of Harvey-Clemons. This guy on NFLN says he could be the steal of the 7th round.

https://youtu.be/vJ41a2JLtd8

"Guy who likes JHC: Yeah, there's my guy. He's one of my favorite early players [Woz: early entry players?]. So, he was a five star recruit, went to Georgia, got kicked out of Georgia for [drugs? just? kind of slurs his word here] some different tests and whatnot that didn't come up the way he wanted them to.
2nd voice: [*chuckling*] Geometry, man, it will get you every time.
GUY: Bobby Petrino said 'come on in here, we're going to make you a football player.'
2ND: Actually, with his tiny little mouth. [*mock high pitch*] 'come on in here, we're going to make you a football player.' [*normal voice*] He's got the smallest mouth in college football.
GUY: This is round seven. This is a long show.
2ND: It is.
GUY: But I *really* like his potential now. He's got long arms. He's rangy, a lot of teams thinks he can become a linebacker. I'm going to predict he's the STEAL of the seventh round. I really do think highly of him. He's athletic, got some twitch in his hips, and I think he can cover just enough. You can put him on the tight end, but I think his range as a tacker is what's going to open some eyes. I think eventually he could work his way into some work onto the field in subpackages as a safety or maybe even a linebacker."

So, other than just comments on his history or his raw athletics, how was that a good break down?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
This video is nothing but a smear campaign. Scouts had Harvey-Clemons pegged as a mid round first pick, there's no way he got graded as such by scouts if this is the only tape of him throughout his career. This video is bunch of BS! Twisted Evil

Quote:

Quote:
Here's a good break down of Harvey-Clemons. This guy on NFLN says he could be the steal of the 7th round.

"Guy who likes JHC: Yeah, there's my guy. He's one of my favorite early players [Woz: early entry players?]. So, he was a five star recruit, went to Georgia, got kicked out of Georgia for [drugs? just? kind of slurs his word here] some different tests and whatnot that didn't come up the way he wanted them to.
GUY: Bobby Petrino said 'come on in here, we're going to make you a football player.'
2ND: Actually, with his tiny little mouth. [*mock high pitch*] 'come on in here, we're going to make you a football player.' [*normal voice*] He's got the smallest mouth in college football.
GUY: But I *really* like his potential now. He's got long arms. He's rangy, a lot of teams thinks he can become a linebacker. I'm going to predict he's the STEAL of the seventh round. I really do think highly of him. He's athletic, got some twitch in his hips, and I think he can cover just enough. You can put him on the tight end, but I think his range as a tacker is what's going to open some eyes. I think eventually he could work his way into some work onto the field in subpackages as a safety or maybe even a linebacker."

So, other than just comments on his history or his raw athletics, how was that a good break down?
The video is a smear because it only is showing his bad plays, it's not showing the good ones.

He's a mixed bag. I saw him projected to in round 4 for a while and I think before the season ended as high as round 2. Obvious that changed when teams really started to evaluate him because they say he wasn't good in coverage and while he is a good tackler, he didnt always take good angles, but when he got there, watch out!

Crazy enough, the more I talk about him and watch him he reminds me of the Landry brothers. Built like a WLB but a bit more athletic, athletic enough to play either safety position as well as WLB but he doesn't have great recognition or instincts in deep coverage. That's exactly why the Landry's quit being put in those positions amongst other safeties who were purely box safeties and it's why we are only going to play JHC in the box, as of right now.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The video is a smear because it only is showing his bad plays, it's not showing the good ones.

It's the inverse of a highlight reel (show all the good plays while not showing the bad ones). If you are going to call that a smear, then a highlight reel is propaganda.

Quote:
He's a mixed bag. I saw him projected to in round 4 for a while and I think before the season ended as high as round 2. Obvious that changed when teams really started to evaluate him because they say he wasn't good in coverage and while he is a good tackler, he didnt always take good angles, but when he got there, watch out!

So, unguided missile in the secondary ... is it me, or does that a bit like Meriweather?

Quote:
Crazy enough, the more I talk about him and watch him he reminds me of the Landry brothers.

LaRon Landry could be a comp as well. Neither he nor Meriweather are guys I want back there.

Quote:
Built like a WLB but a bit more athletic, athletic enough to play either safety position as well as WLB but he doesn't have great recognition or instincts in deep coverage. That's exactly why the Landry's quit being put in those positions amongst other safeties who were purely box safeties and it's why we are only going to play JHC in the box, as of right now.

A safety who doesn't have great recognition or instincts is a linebacker being played out of position (see: Barron, Mark). The "in the box" safety is a dying breed because of TEs like Gronkowski and Reed. Granted, he's a 7th round player, so eh, maybe he gets us something. I'm highly dubious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: