Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winners and Losers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Winners and Losers Reply with quote

A slight twist on the traditional post-draft winners/losers takes:

Who on the current roster are the biggest winners and losers so far this offseason, through free agency and the draft?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy winner is Sam Bradford. He's got a much, much, MUCH better supporting cast around him compared to the end of the season, and he may actually have more than .8 seconds to throw this year. Maybe now people will realize his ability and not just stick to "hurr durr captain checkdown" when talking about him

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
Easy winner is Sam Bradford. He's got a much, much, MUCH better supporting cast around him compared to the end of the season, and he may actually have more than .8 seconds to throw this year. Maybe now people will realize his ability and not just stick to "hurr durr captain checkdown" when talking about him

Good call, he didn't even come to mind for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:

Sam...and Teddy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest loser is Jerick McKinnon. Adding Latavius Murray and now Dalvin Cook will likely drop his offensive snaps to minimal at-best, and drafting a couple of options in the return game probably takes that off the table as well.

With only one more year on his rookie deal, I believe 2017 will be his final season in purple.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offseason Sam was given,

Two new tackles
Possibly two near interior lineman
A complete running back
6'6 TE with pogo sticks for legs

The gift of not having Adrian Peterson on this team. Yeah, he's the winner.

-----
Others:

Andrew Sendejo (no competition brought in)
Mackensie Alexander and Trae Waynes (no competition brought in

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
byuvike88

Klomp wrote:
I think the biggest loser is Jerick McKinnon. Adding Latavius Murray and now Dalvin Cook will likely drop his offensive snaps to minimal at-best, and drafting a couple of options in the return game probably takes that off the table as well.

With only one more year on his rookie deal, I believe 2017 will be his final season in purple.

I'd go with Murray more than Mckinnon. I think Mckinnon still adds a different element to this offense and should be in a role more suited to him than the lead back like last year. Murray is essentially on a one year deal and is no longer the lead back.

However, I think all 3 will be used. Comparing this RB group to last years (after Petersons injury), it's amazing to see how much better it is.

Sharrif Floyd, he may not even be able to play and MN drafted his replacement.

The coaching staff clearly has no confidence in Jerick McKinnon as a ball carrier. MN signed Murray and drafted Cook. McKinnon may have a hard time making the roster given that he isn't a third down back and doesnt have a diverse skill set as a ball carrier (basically similar style to Cook but worse). I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Asiata is brought back or they go with C.J. Ham as the #3 RB.

Nick Easton also lost big, going form potential starter to likely backup.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

Depending on usage percentages he may actually come out a winner... in terms of his career longevity. He should now definitely go back to being a change of pace back and moveable chess piece. Given his early injury history, it's probably the best thing for him.

Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd consider Adam Thielen a winner. A lot of people questioned how much he was worth going into the offseason, but the front office paid him well and didn't really add any competition to threaten his spot as a starting WR.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Depending on usage percentages he may actually come out a winner... in terms of his career longevity. He should now definitely go back to being a change of pace back and moveable chess piece. Given his early injury history, it's probably the best thing for him.

Isn't that going to just take away reps from Dalvin Cook, who could basically do some of the same things as McKinnon. I still expect a pretty significant role form Latavius Murray.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnon and Cook could be on the field at the same time. Cook also has his own injury troubles. I'd expect Murray to fill in the Asiata role unless Cook steps up right away and shows that he can handle pass pro

byuvike88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sharrif Floyd, he may not even be able to play and MN drafted his replacement.

The coaching staff clearly has no confidence in Jerick McKinnon as a ball carrier. MN signed Murray and drafted Cook. McKinnon may have a hard time making the roster given that he isn't a third down back and doesnt have a diverse skill set as a ball carrier (basically similar style to Cook but worse). I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Asiata is brought back or they go with C.J. Ham as the #3 RB.

Nick Easton also lost big, going form potential starter to likely backup.

These 2 statements contradict each other. Asiata isn't that good as a power back and is very slow. Mckinnon can be put outside and used more as a gadget, change of pace, scat back. He might even get a shot as a returner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
McKinnon and Cook could be on the field at the same time. Cook also has his own injury troubles.

Two-RB looks are definitely possible, and probably likely. Though if I were Shurmur I'd usually have Murray as one of the two backs in there so he can pass pro, which the other two aren't good at.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, McKinnon did DB drills at the combine. Could that be an option for him to switch sides, if he can't find much time on offense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: