Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Roster post draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I cannot help but be excited about the future of this defensive backfield if it is healthy this year. Jones and King will take some lumps in coverage this year IMO, but what an athletic and promising group back there now when healthy. Rollins and Randall obviously need to take a step forward this year, but if both are healthy, both have a lot of athleticism to get to a rather high ceiling. Add in a solid safety already in place with HHCD and Burnett and a steady M2M guy like House now "in-house," that group collectively has all the makings. I like what Brice brings to the table in certain packages too.

Nice to be excited about the group and what it can become after spending a whole year wondering how to hide and help that CB group after the Shields injury last year.

Gotta look at Burnett as a likely candidate to be gone. He is on his second contract, the team has Jones and Brice waiting in the wings and he is currently the 20th highest paid safety in the league. Guys like Hyde and Iloka have heftier contracts. AND Morgan's contract is up after this season.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

chillparsi1

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LacyIsGood wrote:
I think the Packers keep 4 TEs and RichRod makes it. He's gone after next year though, unless he takes a big jump.

I'm not so sold on this. I feel like RR is in the Micah Hyde role -- somewhat physically limited, and fans rip on him, but the coaches love him. It's not like RR is going to fetch a high value elsewhere on the market. He's a reliable, if unremarkable, guy who knows the system. NOt a bad guy to have around as a #2 TE

Stone65 with the sig!
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
LacyIsGood wrote:
I think the Packers keep 4 TEs and RichRod makes it. He's gone after next year though, unless he takes a big jump.

I'm not so sold on this. I feel like RR is in the Micah Hyde role -- somewhat physically limited, and fans rip on him, but the coaches love him. It's not like RR is going to fetch a high value elsewhere on the market. He's a reliable, if unremarkable, guy who knows the system. NOt a bad guy to have around as a #2 TE

RR is not a bad guy to have around but shouldn't a 3rd round pick be better than he has shown so far?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Gotta look at Burnett as a likely candidate to be gone. He is on his second contract, the team has Jones and Brice waiting in the wings and he is currently the 20th highest paid safety in the league. Guys like Hyde and Iloka have heftier contracts. AND Morgan's contract is up after this season.

I can't see Brice as even part of that conversation. He's a solid depth piece but he's JAG.

I don't really think Burnett is going anywhere. I think they want to be able to run 3 S looks/a S at ILB in some packages to get more speed in the middle of the field. You can't do that unless you keep Burnett around or add another higher end player for S.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I can't see Brice as even part of that conversation. He's a solid depth piece but he's JAG.

I don't really think Burnett is going anywhere. I think they want to be able to run 3 S looks/a S at ILB in some packages to get more speed in the middle of the field. You can't do that unless you keep Burnett around or add another higher end player for S.

I see Brice just as I saw Banjo. He is the third safety in the three safety package, and he plays the traditional safety role vacated by (in this case) HaHa or Jones as they do the cool roaming part. I don't want Burnett gone, but it is a position of depth, and will be his third contract with the team. Seems like a TT thing to do.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brice was better then Banjo ever was in his rookie year. I like Brice with another year in this system and think with his physical tools he could possibly become more then just roster filler. You do not want him as your starter ever IMO, but I think he is a very nice piece in certain packages and will give you solid play on STs.

As for Burnett, depends what his market and salary demands are. If he wants to get paid for what he has been around here, he will be gone. If his market is for what he is going to be the next several years, he will still be here. I would not count on him being a Packer after this year. Someone may want to pound on TT's desk and talk about how important S play is for Dom's defense to work, but even then I am not sure TT detracts from his salary model to keep Burnett on a third contract with HHCD getting paid.
vegas492

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Why are we so sure Lance Kendricks will be better than DickRod?

I'm not sold until I see it happen.

Mac has enjoyed using an H-back in the past. We've seen what DickRod does in the flat. Kendricks would be a much better H-back.
As an athlete Kendricks is superior. Can't wait to see what he can do.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Donzo

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Who knows how good of a safety Brice will or wont be. But, one thing is for sure, he's not a JAG.

For athleticism, he's one of the top 5 safeties in the NFL, and he played to his athleticism... That's not a JAG.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Who knows how good of a safety Brice will or wont be. But, one thing is for sure, he's not a JAG.

For athleticism, he's one of the top 5 safeties in the NFL, and he played to his athleticism... That's not a JAG.

It really just depends what your definition of JAG is. If you think JAG is roster filler, Brice is more then that. If you thing JAG is just a starter that is upgradeable, then Brice is would be that IMO.

Brice as the athleticism to be a good player, but I do not think you will ever want him as your starter at S. He has the speed and athleticism to be, but he has not shown the football instincts and familiarity with the D to be considered more than that. Have to wait and see if his football IQ increases with time so he can play to his measurable. Some people are simply better athletes then football players on Sundays.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Donzo wrote:
spilltray wrote:

It really just depends what your definition of JAG is. If you think JAG is roster filler, Brice is more then that. If you thing JAG is just a starter that is upgradeable, then Brice is would be that IMO.

Brice as the athleticism to be a good player, but I do not think you will ever want him as your starter at S. He has the speed and athleticism to be, but he has not shown the football instincts and familiarity with the D to be considered more than that. Have to wait and see if his football IQ increases with time so he can play to his measurable. Some people are simply better athletes then football players on Sundays.

Oh Lord. My first online forum debate was whether or not Aaron Kampman was a JAG. As you suggest, the problem is that some people mean an average NFL starter and some people mean a mediocre player that needs immediate replacing.

There is reason to believe that Brice has developed. I look forward to paying more attention to how well his athleticism translates to the field when he gets his opportunities.
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:
LacyIsGood wrote:

RR is not a bad guy to have around but shouldn't a 3rd round pick be better than he has shown so far?

Statistically, bust rate for TE's at the end of the 3rd round is at least around 65%
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:

Oh Lord. My first online forum debate was whether or not Aaron Kampman was a JAG. As you suggest, the problem is that some people mean an average NFL starter and some people mean a mediocre player that needs immediate replacing.

That is actually an interesting discussion. Depending on when in his career this discussion took place, he was either just a guy, or a formidable defensive end.

To me "just a guy," is a player that can be replaced rather easily with similar talent. A lot of the RBs and ILBs we have run through were just guys: Crockett, Jackson, Barrington.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:

That is actually an interesting discussion. Depending on when in his career this discussion took place, he was either just a guy, or a formidable defensive end.

To me "just a guy," is a player that can be replaced rather easily with similar talent. A lot of the RBs and ILBs we have run through were just guys: Crockett, Jackson, Barrington.
This is how I view it. Joe Thomas is JAG. Josh Boyd is JAG. A player one year in with potential is not JAG, he's a prospect

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:
LacyIsGood wrote:

What does his draft position have anything to do with 4 years into his career? Where a player was drafted becomes irrelevant in the eyes of the team once they hit the field. Or at least it should. Rodgers should never be our starter but he catches everything and knows where to be on the field. He's a guy that'll definitely get you through a couple games if the starter goes down. Do you want more from a 3rd round pick? Yes but you could also be getting much less.

El ramster on the custom sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:

This is how I view it. Joe Thomas is JAG. Josh Boyd is JAG. A player one year in with potential is not JAG, he's a prospect

I love how you use a guy who had his leg nearly amputated as a JAG. Weird man.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: