You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Roster post draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not 100% sure you won't see Randall get a shot on the outside during TC.

We'll see.

Still don't think there's any way (except injury) that we conclude the regular season with Gunter as a starter.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
I'm still not 100% sure you won't see Randall get a shot on the outside during TC.
We'll see.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a bunch of mix and match in TC, including King in the slot.

GREEN BAY — After a week of training camp, the only consistency about the Green Bay Packers' cornerback combinations has been the pattern of inconsistency. Players have shuffled through positions like a game of musical chairs — outside to inside, inside to outside — as the coaches assess their versatility.

“It’s training camp,” Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. said Tuesday. “Trying to figure out who can play where.”

"The goal of camp is to try to see if guys can handle more than one position,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said. “If they can, their stock obviously goes up. We talk about that with the defense all the time, that if a guy can play multiple positions, that’s good for them. That’s good for us because as we go through the course of the season from week to week, what you don’t want is to where you have to throw half your game plan out because you’ve got one injury."

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/08/02/packers-cornerback-gunter-benefitting-versatility/87964270/
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Chili wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Packers release back up Center Jacob Flores and bring in an OT named Robert Leff

LOL. That means we officially have no true backup centre. I guess they cut him because he wasn't position versatile and we're now hoping for one of the guard prospects to show ability to play centre. looking forward to it Laughing

The sooner you guys come to terms with it, the less disappointed you will be later.
Kofi also does the things
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left is probably our new dev C
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barclay is the odds on favorite to be the back- up center and interior guy for 2017. Rodgers mentions it in this article

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/06/08/backup-center-barclay-benefiting-starters-reps/381557001/

“Bringing Don back was a big thing for us,” Rodgers said. “He stepped into the backup center role and has done a fantastic job in the IPWs and now in the OTAs. He has really improved his game. You’re looking at a guy who has started at tackle for us, started at guard for us and now is in line to be our backup center.'
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Evans has apparently been working on snapping in his personal time
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Kofi also does the things

TBH, I just want them to do with Kofi what they did with TJ and Josh. Make him into the best guard he can be. And they can let him work through his rookie year with Evans and Taylor penciled in as starters.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

TBH, I just want them to do with Kofi what they did with TJ and Josh.

Let's see, they started Lang at LG, then played him at RT and then LT on occasion, then flipped him to RG halfway through his career.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

TBH, I just want them to do with Kofi what they did with TJ and Josh.

Let's see, they started Lang at LG, then played him at RT and then LT on occasion, then flipped him to RG halfway through his career.

Lang only played tackle when injuries necessitated it. He was a guard. Keep Kofi at guard, make him great.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in additional help at OLB...

The Ravens drafted Bowser, Tim Williams and C. Wormley this year and a couple of DE types last year too.
Any chance they'd be willing to let Terrell Suggs go for a pick and a player ?

They'd get just over a million in cap relief and Ozzie is pretty tight up against it. They just hosted Maclin, but don't have much cash to land him

Geronimo + 5th for Suggs ( 34 yrs old)
It would cost GB $ 4 Million in salary in '16 and '17, the signing bonus lands on the Ravens ledger

https://overthecap.com/player/terrell-suggs/1402
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

The Ravens drafted Bowser, Tim Williams and C. Wormley this year and a couple of DE types last year too.

They'd get just over a million in cap relief and Ozzie is pretty tight up against it. They just hosted Maclin, but don't have much cash to land him

It would cost GB $ 4 Million in salary in '16 and '17, the signing bonus lands on the Ravens ledger

I almost reflexively said hell no because I hate veteran players who bounce around due to name recognition.

But Suggs is not one of those.

That would be an excellent acquisition if Baltimore was inclined to depart with one of its most recognizable stars. Instantly makes our EDGE group a strength--or at the least, no longer a concern.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
TransientTexan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

That's an interesting suggestion, but I'm not sure whether either side would go for it.

From GB's side, they already have almost $24 mil of cap space allocated for OLB's. Would TT want to add another $4 mil to that just for a bit of depth insurance while depriving the young guys of snaps that help development? Not to mention losing the draft pick and one of the handful of WR lottery tickets on the team. Adams is a FA after this yr and both Cobb and Nelson in 2018.

For the Ravens, none of their other edge guys have shown much so far. Sure they've spent picks, but that doesn't necessarily mean those guys will pan out to provide their edge production. They'd be trading away their one reliable option at the position. Not sure if $1 mil of extra cap space is worth that, especially if they'd suddenly have a bunch more dead money on their cap.

At the very least, I'd think both teams would wait to see how their young players look in training camp before making that deal.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

Six and a half million for Suggs is a nice value for the Ravens. Can't see them making that trade.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

Id rather see if they were willing to part with one of Zadarious Smith, Bronson Kaufusi, Kamalei Correa or Matt Judon for the right price. With Suggs, Bowser, Williams already on the roster no way they have room for all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransientTexan wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

That's an interesting suggestion, but I'm not sure whether either side would go for it.

From GB's side, they already have almost $24 mil of cap space allocated for OLB's. Would TT want to add another $4 mil to that just for a bit of depth insurance while depriving the young guys of snaps that help development? Not to mention losing the draft pick and one of the handful of WR lottery tickets on the team. Adams is a FA after this yr and both Cobb and Nelson in 2018.

For the Ravens, none of their other edge guys have shown much so far. Sure they've spent picks, but that doesn't necessarily mean those guys will pan out to provide their edge production. They'd be trading away their one reliable option at the position. Not sure if $1 mil of extra cap space is worth that, especially if they'd suddenly have a bunch more dead money on their cap.

At the very least, I'd think both teams would wait to see how their young players look in training camp before making that deal.

The price isn't prohibitive.

The payoff is (potentially) huge. Premium position; veteran with experience in huge games; veteran with a team-first mentality; organization willing to move guys if the price is right; organization who's in the AFC with a premium position on the block and a possible surplus of pass rushers.

But I agree with most of what you said.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 23 of 27

Jump to: