You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Roster post draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I in the minority on this board as well as Reddit. I think that looks like a Superbowl contender, easily!
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I'm not gonna lie. This class didn't move the needle for me as far as this season goes.

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire

I am no Squire, but if you don't mind my two cents.

Most of our Starters were already in place. Clark is a big unknown but he is our guy.
Only thing left really is figuring out how the sixth corner, fringe roster guys are etc. Although WR and RB just got a little crazy at the end.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
As others have said, the OLB position scares me right now. We have Perry, our one true starter, Matthews, who we move inside a lot, and after that we are basically depending on Fackrell making a BIG year 2 jump, and a rookie 4th round pick in Biegel who probably won't offer much this year. That leaves Elliott, a guy who is a better special teamer than OLB. This is razor thin depth.

Moreover, are we going to dump the elephant position? We lost Peppers and Jones and havent replaced either one of them. We don't even have a player on the roster currently suited to play the elephant role...

Bottom line, I think we need a "Jahri Evans" type of signing at OLB for depth and insurance. At this point I'd even take Walden.

The rest of the roster I think we are pretty much okay with what we have but we did not address OLB like I thought we would in the draft (I was expecting more like 2 picks with one being a higher pick than rd 4) so without that, we need to turn back to FA.

Is there a team out there that doesn't have a position that isn't deep? If OLB is our lone weakness then I think we're doing pretty well. Who knows, perhaps they are thinking of putting Biegel outside.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
Moreover, are we going to dump the elephant position? We lost Peppers and Jones and havent replaced either one of them. We don't even have a player on the roster currently suited to play the elephant role...

I keep seeing people trying to shoehorn someone into that spot or pre draft "find a replacement for Hyde's role"

These aren't things. The Packers had Hyde's roll because they had Hyde, he was one of their better DBs and was going to see the field so they had to come up with ways to protect him from himself and let him best do what he did well.

Same thing with Peppers. They did things with him because it's what he did well. Without Peppers, there is no need to "move someone else into that role". The role was for him, because of him.

It applies to Charles Woodson too. Capers will tailor roles and assignments to players abilities, but when that player leaves, we don't really need to "fill that role". Just add good players in the general position groups and they will carve out roles based on their own skill sets.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
packfanfb wrote:
As others have said, the OLB position scares me right now. We have Perry, our one true starter, Matthews, who we move inside a lot, and after that we are basically depending on Fackrell making a BIG year 2 jump, and a rookie 4th round pick in Biegel who probably won't offer much this year. That leaves Elliott, a guy who is a better special teamer than OLB. This is razor thin depth.

Bottom line, I think we need a "Jahri Evans" type of signing at OLB for depth and insurance. At this point I'd even take Walden.

The rest of the roster I think we are pretty much okay with what we have but we did not address OLB like I thought we would in the draft (I was expecting more like 2 picks with one being a higher pick than rd 4) so without that, we need to turn back to FA.

Is there a team out there that doesn't have a position that isn't deep? If OLB is our lone weakness then I think we're doing pretty well. Who knows, perhaps they are thinking of putting Biegel outside.

Yeah well said Pugger. I guarantee that without even checking teams have other weaknesses certainly in the depth area. Our OLB group is not as good as years past but we had JULIUS PEPPERS AS A BACK-UP!! That is crazy and will probably never happen again in our lifetime. The other back-ups Datone and Neal should be comparable to Fackrell and Beigel.
SplashDive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Spill - for me, take out Kerridge and add in Marwin Evans and I like it so far. I think I like Dupre more than Yancey

I think Dupre has an excellent shot to make the team. I think the QB situation really screwed him over and we got a steal.

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Spill - for me, take out Kerridge and add in Marwin Evans and I like it so far. I think I like Dupre more than Yancey

I think Dupre has an excellent shot to make the team. I think the QB situation really screwed him over and we got a steal.

We'll see, I do see him as a likely practice squad candidate, I just don't see 7 WRs happening again this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
packfanfb wrote:

I keep seeing people trying to shoehorn someone into that spot or pre draft "find a replacement for Hyde's role"

These aren't things. The Packers had Hyde's roll because they had Hyde, he was one of their better DBs and was going to see the field so they had to come up with ways to protect him from himself and let him best do what he did well.

Same thing with Peppers. They did things with him because it's what he did well. Without Peppers, there is no need to "move someone else into that role". The role was for him, because of him.

It applies to Charles Woodson too. Capers will tailor roles and assignments to players abilities, but when that player leaves, we don't really need to "fill that role". Just add good players in the general position groups and they will carve out roles based on their own skill sets.

Hyde and Woodson are one thing, but you need an EDGE player that can kick inside on sub packages to rush the passer and we do not have that. Peppers role wasnt tailored to Peppers, elephant end is pretty much a universal thing across 3-4 defenses and it's really nice to have. I think they drafted Adams because they don't have that guy and he figures to be a great penetrating UT type player. Since we don't have an elephant end, they just grabbed a 1 gap, up the field style of DL. Although like others have said, I'd call Super Mario or Devin Taylor as we have the roster space and the cap for another vet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

Seems light at the LB group. only 3 ILB, sure moving Clay inside helps with position flexibility, but that leaves the OLB group pretty thin on proven players.

In one of the Josh Jones interviews, he mentioned GB talked to him about playing ILB in dime

Ryan
Martinez
J. Thomas
Matthews
Burnett
J.Jones

6 guys who can play snaps at ILB + Jordan Tripp in a pinch
Only 2 ILBs on the field at a time, sometimes only 1
packfanfb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
squire12 wrote:

Seems light at the LB group. only 3 ILB, sure moving Clay inside helps with position flexibility, but that leaves the OLB group pretty thin on proven players.

In one of the Josh Jones interviews, he mentioned GB talked to him about playing ILB in dime

Ryan
Martinez
J. Thomas
Matthews
Burnett
J.Jones

6 guys who can play snaps at ILB + Jordan Tripp in a pinch
Only 2 ILBs on the field at a time, sometimes only 1

I think Beigel could play inside as well if needed in certain situations.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When making your 53 prediction:
This staff really likes FBs. We might want to include Kerridge and/or Mays.

Also, I probably need to get: "A 3rd QB when you have Aaron Rodgers and Brett Hundley on your roster is a waste of a roster spot!" tattooed on my head.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

deltarich87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this, GB came close to trading Hundley during Day 2 of the draft. Maybe there was some truth to them having interest in drafting Kizer

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/38618/packers-emphasize-defense-first-in-draft-but-did-they-do-enough-to-fix-it

Quote:
When will they trade Brett Hundley? The Packers dangled their backup quarterback on the trade market and came close to making a deal on the second day of the draft. Now it appears they’ll likely hang on to him for another year, but expect them to move him before he enters the final year of his contract in 2018. They believe they can get much more in return than the fifth-round pick they invested in him in 2015.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you'd test the market on Hundley- see what other teams think of him

But if they did make that deal, who is QB2 in 2017 ?
Not sure Joe Callahan is up to the task just yet
LacyIsGood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
Packers should bring in Mario Williams to play the old Peppers role, still not sold on pass rush depth.
hell even go get walden. or mario. or devin taylor. would bring something.

These are the exact players I was thinking of.

We can sign 1 more UFA and still receive 4 compensatory selections in 2018.

I'd be stunned if we didn't use that on a veteran EDGE.

I would be all for a veteran EDGE addition. These guys always seem to make an impact as a role player for a contending team after everyone thinks they're washed up. Dummervil would be a nice add. I also see Biegel making more of an impact inside.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
I can see why you'd test the market on Hundley- see what other teams think of him

But if they did make that deal, who is QB2 in 2017 ?
Not sure Joe Callahan is up to the task just yet

My guess was "the discussion to trade Hundley was made when they were on the clock Friday morning & afternoon." That way if you can get something more for Hundley than you could for 33 straight up, you could take Kizer to be the new backup/future asset flip.

But presumably they will try to showcase Hundley more during the upcoming preseason so as to increase his value as a trade asset.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27

Jump to: