Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Roster post draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: GB Roster post draft Reply with quote

Here is the current roster. There might be some players that I missed, so if so, let me know and I will add them in.
FA signings in Green
Draft picks in Blue

QB: Aaron Rodgers - - Brett Hundley - - Joe Callahan
RB: Ty Montgomery - - Jamaal Williams - - Aaron Jones - - Devante Mays - - Christine Michael - - Don Jackson
FB: Aaron Ripkowski - - Joe Kerridge
WR: Jordy Nelson - - Jeff Janis - - Malachi Dupre - - Maxwell McCaffery
WR: Davante Adams - - DeAngelo Yancey - - Geronimo Allison - - Antwan Goodley
WR: Randall Cobb - - Trevor Davis
TE: Martellus Bennett - - Richard Rodgers - - Lance Kendricks - - Beau Sandland
LT: David Bahktiari - - Jason Spriggs
LG: Lane Taylor - - Kof Amichia - - Justin McCray
C: Corey Linsley - - Jacob Flores
RG: Don Barclay - - Lucas Patrick -- Jahri Evans
RT: Bryan Bulaga - - Kyle Murphy

DE: Mike Daniels - - Dean Lwory - - Reggie Gilbert
NT: Ricky Jean Francois - - Montravius Adams - - Letroy Guion
DE: Kenny Clark - - Christian Ringo - - Brian Price
OLB: Nick Perry - - Jayrone Elliott - - Vince Biegel
ILB: Blake Martinez - - Joe Thomas - - Derrick Mathews
ILB: Jake Ryan - - Jordan Tripp - -
OLB: Clay Matthews - - Kyler Fackrell - -
CB: Damarious Randall - - Quinten Rollins - - Josh Hawkins - - Herb Waters
SS: Morgan Burnett - - Josh Jones - - Marvin Evans
FS: HaHa Clinton-Dix - - Kentrell Brice - - Jermaine Whitehead
CB: Davon House - - Kevin King - - Ladarius Gunter - - Demetri Goodson

K: Mason Crosby
P: Jake Schum
LS: Derek Hart - - Taybor Pepper
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna lie. This class didn't move the needle for me as far as this season goes.

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire
packerjmf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick glance, I see 38 "locks." Means 15 or so spots up for grabs. Should be a fun training camp.
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I'm not gonna lie. This class didn't move the needle for me as far as this season goes.

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire

I really like the first 4 picks. GB needed an injection of speed and potential playmakers on D, think the first 3 give them that. Biegel I am luke warm on, top of the 4th he will fill a role and be a contributor on ST and rotational at OLB (or if he moves inside at ILB).

Like Aaron Jones more than Williams, but getting 2 RB's was the right call. Not sure about the 3rd RB. Seems a lot like grabbing a bunch and hoping 1-2 pan out. I am puzzled by the 2 picks at WR. Felt that 1 would be taken, but not 2. Maybe they it is some forshadowing on the futures of Cobb, Nelson or Adams??

Like the Amichia pick, or at least that type of pick. Honestly did not get much into watching him. Felt there were a few others that could have fit, but what the hell do I know.

I feel that another OLB/Edge should have been picked up somewhere. Not sure who or when, but feel like that group is a bit thin. Maybe they have plans on Lowry being more of an outside edge rusher in some situations or Fackrell/Elliott have shown more than we/I know.

Overall, Offense will be fine with Rodgers, a solid OL anchored by the OT and Linsley inside. Stable of WR and TE will make the thing go.

Defense is the question mark....as has been for the last few years.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire

I really like the first 4 picks. GB needed an injection of speed and potential playmakers on D, think the first 3 give them that. Biegel I am luke warm on, top of the 4th he will fill a role and be a contributor on ST and rotational at OLB (or if he moves inside at ILB).

Like Aaron Jones more than Williams, but getting 2 RB's was the right call. Not sure about the 3rd RB. Seems a lot like grabbing a bunch and hoping 1-2 pan out. I am puzzled by the 2 picks at WR. Felt that 1 would be taken, but not 2. Maybe they it is some forshadowing on the futures of Cobb, Nelson or Adams??

Like the Amichia pick, or at least that type of pick. Honestly did not get much into watching him. Felt there were a few others that could have fit, but what the hell do I know.

I feel that another OLB/Edge should have been picked up somewhere. Not sure who or when, but feel like that group is a bit thin. Maybe they have plans on Lowry being more of an outside edge rusher in some situations or Fackrell/Elliott have shown more than we/I know.

Overall, Offense will be fine with Rodgers, a solid OL anchored by the OT and Linsley inside. Stable of WR and TE will make the thing go.

agree on Aaron over Jamaal.

Don't care about hitting positions in the 7th. It's just fake pfa.

Don't really like our second third and fourth. But I'm just an idiot with internet access.

Idk.

I get it though. Just can't get over Willis man.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire

The 3rd RB is a bigger guy around 230 lbs, so I think the Packers are looking at him as a short yardage role player RB.

On Defense, Kevin King could possibly improve the team this year if he beats out a CB, but that's not a guarantee. Josh Jones is going to replace Morgan Burnett long-term IMO, but he's not going to make an impact this year without an injury most likely. Montravious Adams is probably just a rotational guy to start. Vince Biegel is either depth at EDGE or ILB, and probably doesn't see the field much unless there is an injury. And to Norm's point, because none of these players are guaranteed to see the field regularly, they really don't improve the team this year very much.

After that we start getting into Day 3 picks, so we can't really depend on them early. Maybe Williams or one of the other RB's gets considerable time, but we can't depend on that. The WR's likely don't see the field. The OL is likely a backup interior guy where Evans is probably the starter at OG for us.

What I would say is this team is the Draft isn't what really improves this team. The improvement will come from development of the guys going into their 2nd and 3rd years, and guys coming back from injuries. Guys like Randall and Rollins fit both of those categories. More improvement comes from FA where Bennett is an upgrade over Cook, Kendricks offers some depth, and Evans helps fill what we are missing from Lang. Lacy is a loss, but he was injured last year anyways. So I think this is where we see a bit of improvement, and we really don't need much improvement as we had a pretty good year last year making the NFC Championship game. And honestly, the greatest improvement of all probably comes from our depth, so that we can fill in for injuries much better than last year. The biggest loss we didn't really fill was Peppers, so Perry/Matthews getting healthy and the development of Fackrell/Elliott is going to have make up for Peppers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
squire12 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.

Whatchu think squire

agree on Aaron over Jamaal.

Don't care about hitting positions in the 7th. It's just fake pfa.

Don't really like our second third and fourth. But I'm just an idiot with internet access.

Idk.

I get it though. Just can't get over Willis man.

I like Josh Jones the player, would have liked an EDGE rusher with that pick, or a move up to get one. Maybe TT felt the value on others would be there and things did not play out that way.

EDGE just seems thin with
Perry
Matthews
Fackrell
Elliott
Biegel

Perry and Matthews are fine, but the remaining 3 are unproven and later picks/UDFA. Not much to be comfortable with. Will be interesting to see how things play out. Maybe there is going to be some adjustments in the overall scheme on D Shocked
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we won't add one but I really would like so see a rotational guy added to the OLB group.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
I know we won't add one but I really would like so see a rotational guy added to the OLB group.

Me too. That's literally the only area I'm concerned about. I know you don't go into a season assuming injuries, but we're one away from EDGE being a crippling weakness.

QB - Doesn't matter, season's over, but we'd have a great opportunity to showcase Hundley.
RB - Michael plus three rookies isn't even the second worst position we've been in at running back in my opinion.
FB - Lol, who cares?
TE - Kendricks, Rodgers
WR - Adams could be a number one for us based off last year, then we've got Allison, two rookies, Janis, Davis...
OL - Spriggs, Barclay, Murphy, Patrick.
DL - Guion, Lowry, RJF, Adams
ILB - Thomas is not a bad backup, just limited
CB - Rollins/King/Randall/Gunter
S - Brice/Jones

We could get through a season with any of those groups taking over for a starter and still be as good as or better than we were last year (minus QB of course). But at EDGE?

I can't even imagine the headaches if Fackrell, Elliot and Biegel had to be one of our starters there.

I have extremely low expectations for Fackrell and it's not all based on his age. I just don't see him being an effective starting pass rusher.

I'm at the point where even Demarcus Ware would make me feel better. Laughing
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Me too. That's literally the only area I'm concerned about. I know you don't go into a season assuming injuries, but we're one away from EDGE being a crippling weakness.

QB - Doesn't matter, season's over, but we'd have a great opportunity to showcase Hundley.
RB - Michael plus three rookies isn't even the second worst position we've been in at running back in my opinion.
FB - Lol, who cares?
TE - Kendricks, Rodgers
WR - Adams could be a number one for us based off last year, then we've got Allison, two rookies, Janis, Davis...
S - Brice/Jones

We could get through a season with any of those groups taking over for a starter and still be as good as or better than we were last year (minus QB of course). But at EDGE?

I can't even imagine the headaches if Fackrell, Elliot and Biegel had to be one of our starters there.

I have extremely low expectations for Fackrell and it's not all based on his age. I just don't see him being an effective starting pass rusher.

Yupp. I'm not even sure who's out there, Elvis Dumervil for cheap?

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

FB - Lol, who cares?
TE - Kendricks, Rodgers
S - Brice/Jones

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/outside-linebacker/available/

The list of available OLB/EDGE rushers is not impressive. Thought there should have been a double dip there vs at WR and RB
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take a crack at a 53

QB: Aaron Rodgers , Brett Hundley, Joe Callahan
RB: Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones
FB: Aaron Ripkowski, Joe Kerridge
WR: Jordy Nelson, Deangelo Yancey
WR: Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison
WR: Randall Cobb, Trevor Davis
TE: Martellus Bennett, Richard Rodgers, Lance Kendricks
LT: David Bahktiari. Jason Spriggs
LG: Lane Taylor, Don Barclay
C: Corey Linsley
RG: Jahri Evans, Kofi Amichia
RT: Bryan Bulaga, Kyle Murphy

DE: Mike Daniels, Montravius Adams
NT: Kenny Clark , Brian Price
DE: Ricky Jean Francois, Dean Lowry
OLB: Nick Perry, Vince Biegel, Jayrone Elliott
ILB: Blake Martinez, Joe Thomas
ILB: Jake Ryan
OLB: Clay Matthews, Kyler Fackrell
CB: Davon House, Damarious Randall, Kevin King, Quinten Rollins, Josh Hawkins, Ladarius Gunter
SS: Morgan Burnett, Josh Jones
FS: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice

LS: Derek Hart
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/outside-linebacker/available/

The list of available OLB/EDGE rushers is not impressive. Thought there should have been a double dip there vs at WR and RB

oh my god, Walden is just sitting there. House needs a friend

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spill - for me, take out Kerridge and add in Marwin Evans and I like it so far. I think I like Dupre more than Yancey

[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I'm going to take a crack at a 53

QB: Aaron Rodgers , Brett Hundley, Joe Callahan
RB: Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones
FB: Aaron Ripkowski, Joe Kerridge
WR: Jordy Nelson, Deangelo Yancey
WR: Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison
WR: Randall Cobb, Trevor Davis
TE: Martellus Bennett, Richard Rodgers, Lance Kendricks
LT: David Bahktiari. Jason Spriggs
LG: Lane Taylor, Don Barclay
C: Corey Linsley
RG: Jahri Evans, Kofi Amichia
RT: Bryan Bulaga, Kyle Murphy

DE: Mike Daniels, Montravius Adams
NT: Kenny Clark , Brian Price
DE: Ricky Jean Francois, Dean Lowry
OLB: Nick Perry, Vince Biegel, Jayrone Elliott
ILB: Blake Martinez, Joe Thomas
ILB: Jake Ryan
OLB: Clay Matthews, Kyler Fackrell
CB: Davon House, Damarious Randall, Kevin King, Quinten Rollins, Josh Hawkins, Ladarius Gunter
SS: Morgan Burnett, Josh Jones
FS: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice

LS: Derek Hart

There is probably only a few that are up for grabs.
Seems light at the LB group. only 3 ILB, sure moving Clay inside helps with position flexibility, but that leaves the OLB group pretty thin on proven players.
Not sure GB carries 6 WR since the TE position will allow for more 2 TE sets. I could see a 4th TE to have that body type for ST if the LB group is only at 8.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: