You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFC North Draft Round-Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
What don't you like?

Other than the fact he went to BYU? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Now I am not saying he is Mccaffery but his scores are right up there with most of the top RB's and the "athletic" backs.

bottom 6% in 20-yard shuttle
bottom 6% in vertical jump
bottom 14% in 3-cone drill
bottom 40% in 40-yard dash
his SPARQ score puts him in the bottom third of NFL RBs.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:
Now I am not saying he is Mccaffery but his scores are right up there with most of the top RB's and the "athletic" backs.

bottom 6% in 20-yard shuttle
bottom 6% in vertical jump
bottom 14% in 3-cone drill
bottom 40% in 40-yard dash
his SPARQ score puts him in the bottom third of NFL RBs.

Where are you getting these percentages? Im just curious because he wasn't bottom 6% in 20 yard shuttle. in the link I looked on he wasn't bottom 6%

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Packers drafting 3 RBs and 2 WRs is just a head scratcher for me.

Why? At the end of the day, it's a number game and ultimately forces more competition at the backend of the depth chart. Aside from the three RBs they drafted this year, the only RB we have under contract is Ty Montgomery. Odds are between the three of backs we drafted, two of them will be at least serviceable. And quite frankly, that's really all the Packers need. Aaron Jones likely fits that 3rd down RB mold as a receiver. And Jamaal Williams seems like the most natural runner of the three. Feel that Mays gets that PS treatment. As for receivers, the only WR that are guaranteed roster spots right now are Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams. Aside from those three, there are no guarantees. Geronimo Allison probably helps the most, but Jeff Janis has the most value in terms of ST play. Trevor Davis is a recent draft pick. At this point, it's competition and potentially depth which is pretty much what you expect out of guys who likely grade out as UDFA. The Packers obviously felt like they wanted more competition at those positions.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which NFC North team looks to have the best potential running game this season?

Chicago - Jordan Howard, Jeremy Langford, veteran backups Ka’Deem Carey and Benny Cunningham, and rookie Tarik Cohen.

Detroit - Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick, Zach Zenner, Mike James and Dwayne Washington.

Green Bay - Ty Montgomery, rookies Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays, Kalif Phillips and William Stanback.

Minnesota - Jerick McKinnon, Latavius Murray, CJ Ham, rookie Dalvin Cook.

i think it's US!

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's tough.

Detroit and Green Bay have a much better OL than us, but I don't see a #1 RB on Detroit's roster. Abdullah is okay, Riddick is a great receiving back and Zenner is a thumper.

I don't trust Ty Montgomery to consistently carry the ball 20 times a game. Williams will likely need to spell him quite often. I expect below average-average production from this group.

It comes down to Minnesota and Chicago, and I'd take Chicago. I think Jordan Howard will continue to play very well and I just don't trust the MIN OL. I do think Cook will enventually be a top back soon though.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Abdullah can stay healthy and figure some things out, I wouldn't bet against Detroit and their revamped O line. Plenty of talent to work with their.

Green Bay's could be the most efficient because of Rodgers taking so much pressure of the group and JWill is a very good fit for what they need. O line is a question mark tho.

Chicago will be playing from behind a lot, Howard could be in for regression.

Minnesota might be the most "productive" based on volume alone. Probably the most talented group of runners tho and who knows what we get out of the O line, they could surprise some people.

I feel pretty good about this running game this year so I'd put my money on them, but Detroit is a dark horse imo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
If Abdullah can stay healthy and figure some things out, I wouldn't bet against Detroit and their revamped O line. Plenty of talent to work with their.

Green Bay's could be the most efficient because of Rodgers taking so much pressure of the group and JWill is a very good fit for what they need. O line is a question mark tho.

Chicago will be playing from behind a lot, Howard could be in for regression.

Minnesota might be the most "productive" based on volume alone. Probably the most talented group of runners tho and who knows what we get out of the O line, they could surprise some people.

I feel pretty good about this running game this year so I'd put my money on them, but Detroit is a dark horse imo

I have an honest question here. How much better is their Oline this year? Is Lang coming off of hib surgery so much better than Warford who has been solid? And I know a lot of people that liked Reiff better than Wagner as a RT.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: