You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Whaley Fired as GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
I read the last straw was him passing on Mahomes to trade down. Welp.

From JLC...

Who also said it was Pegula who wanted Mahomes....which makes no sense because if he did he would have just drafted him and not let a week long negotiation with the Chiefs take place.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Confora is such a little dweeb. He is clueless.

bertuzzi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have these new guys for 2-4 years and get a new GM and coach like we always do. Im almost done rooting for this team.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new GM will be the first hire outside of the org. since Donahoe.

Marvy Levy 2006-2007 (though not with the org. the year before, it was basically an internal hire)
Russ Brandon 2008-2009
Buddy Nix 2010-2012
Doug Whaley 2013-2017

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Beane will come in for an interview

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still patiently waiting for the post that says, "Watch the Patriots hire Whaley and we'll see how stupid the Bills were for sending such an awesome GM packing!" Laughing

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Still patiently waiting for the post that says, "Watch the Patriots hire Whaley and we'll see how stupid the Bills were for sending such an awesome GM packing!" Laughing

You just cannot have 3 1st round picks and all you walk away with is Sammy Watkins

2013 draft was bad all around for everyone but we don't have 1 guy on roster. Dareus and Glenn contracts look bad now although we neccesary at the time. He had to go, new coach, new GM, new direction let's go !!
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

You just cannot have 3 1st round picks and all you walk away with is Sammy Watkins

2013 draft was bad all around for everyone but we don't have 1 guy on roster. Dareus and Glenn contracts look bad now although we neccesary at the time. He had to go, new coach, new GM, new direction let's go !!

??? I agree! I was just mocking all the typical posts we see about our allegedly dumb moves. Apparently, it didn't work...

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

We dont know if he was the man in charge for the 2013 draft so I never count it against him. Nix stepped down the day after the draft and thats when whaley came in and made the first move of trading Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes. Everyone wants to base GMs off of Drafts however the moves he made outside of the draft were mostly solid. He got the players the coaches needed. Kyle Orton wasnt ideal but he pulled him out of retirement for the help. Making the trade for shady was solid, incognito signing was another bold move that paid off, Zach brown, and Alexander were more moves that worked out. So i think for every negative move he did he had a positive one.

The contracts have nothing to do with him that is strictly Jim Overdorf fault as he sets them up and he has placed the bills in issues alot of times like Marrone's contract. Clays contract and dareus werent ideal.

Thanks Max
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

We dont know if he was the man in charge for the 2013 draft so I never count it against him. Nix stepped down the day after the draft and thats when whaley came in and made the first move of trading Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes. Everyone wants to base GMs off of Drafts however the moves he made outside of the draft were mostly solid. He got the players the coaches needed. Kyle Orton wasnt ideal but he pulled him out of retirement for the help. Making the trade for shady was solid, incognito signing was another bold move that paid off, Zach brown, and Alexander were more moves that worked out. So i think for every negative move he did he had a positive one.

The contracts have nothing to do with him that is strictly Jim Overdorf fault as he sets them up and he has placed the bills in issues alot of times like Marrone's contract. Clays contract and dareus werent ideal.
I feel like it so easy to look at things in hindsight. How was anyone supposed to know the Dareus deal would be such a disaster? He was coming off of pro bowl year (I think) and had cemented himself as top DT. If we had let him go people would have been freaking out. It hasn't worked out but you can't really fault the decision that was made. I feel very similar towards the Sammy trade as well. Doug was not perfect by any stretch but a lot of the things I seem him blamed for seem harsh to me.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Drafting is the most critical part of building a roster especially in a market like Buffalo. Hands down, and in the NFL, one good move, one bad move isn't good enough, you need to string together a couple good drafts and sprinkle in that solid under the radar signing or two.

Anyways he's gone and not coming back, let's see what this McDermott led regime can do
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting Safety Tre Boston was cut today... is Brandon Beane making moves for us before he even signs on to be the GM.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Starting Safety Tre Boston was cut today... is Brandon Beane making moves for us before he even signs on to be the GM.

Doubt the AGM would have the authority to do that. I would have to believe their HC and GM would see right through his agenda.

Would we really want a GM who is hurting his current team to help a possible future team anyway?
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston was pretty awful last year.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Veach?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: