Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Training Camp talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Nick Mangold is still out there available. We should sign him now. Not to start but mentor Bodine and come in if an injury occurs...

I would sign him to start immediately.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/michael-floyd-talks-to-vikings-may-sign-after-compensatory-pick-deadline/

Hmmmm...Maybe we will AFTER May 9th so it doesn't count in the Comp pick formula (which will somehow still screw us out of a 3rd round comp pick)...

Somehow i doubt he's on their target list at all. I don't think they want to disrupt Bodine, and i don't know if Mangold is willing to walk into a backup situation.

idk, I think there is actually a decent chance that it does happen:

1.) "Homestate" thing, similar to AJ Hawk.
2.) We've already worked him out
3.) Everyone but Paul Alexander probably knows we need to do something now before it's too late and there's no one available...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was also cut, so he doesn't affect comp picks. Should have signed him months ago. Our oline us funny. I like the players for their potential individually, but I do not trust them as a group. A true veteran center would go a long way to me feeling better.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Faneca is in thru training camp, how can the staff spin that Bodine should be the starter week one?
BathBengal

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
He was also cut, so he doesn't affect comp picks. Should have signed him months ago. Our oline us funny. I like the players for their potential individually, but I do not trust them as a group. A true veteran center would go a long way to me feeling better.

Just look at what Mack did for the Falcons, there's so few good centres about and they clearly make a difference. I have no idea how no one has signed him.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No details yet, but John Ross (NFL combine 40 yard dash record holder) and the Cincinnati Reds Billy Hamilton (the fastest man in baseball) are going to have a race for charity.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
No details yet, but John Ross (NFL combine 40 yard dash record holder) and the Cincinnati Reds Billy Hamilton (the fastest man in baseball) are going to have a race for charity.

Someone posted this in another thread, and i forgot to respond.

If it's a 40, Ross is going to win pretty easy. If it's a timed race around bases or something, Hamilton would win. Maybe they should do both?

~T.S. Eliot
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

If it's a 40, Ross is going to win pretty easy. If it's a timed race around bases or something, Hamilton would win. Maybe they should do both?

I don't know, Hamilton has posted home to first times (90 feet, 30 yards) in under 3.4 seconds, and that includes hitting the ball and dropping the bat.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Not so fast on the around the bases. Ross is gazelle-like in and out of cuts, fast through routes, and has probably played baseball at some point in his life. That's not to suggest Hamilton won't win, but we aren't talking about a straight-line only runner (track sprinter). The only true advantage Ross has is in the 40 because I would assume Hamilton never ran track, as it would conflict with the high school baseball season.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

I don't know, Hamilton has posted home to first times (90 feet, 30 yards) in under 3.4 seconds, and that includes hitting the ball and dropping the bat.

I assume Hamilton would run a sub 4.4, as that 3.4 time would suggest. The difference between 4.4 and 4.22 is huge. The difference between 4.3 and 4.22 is huge.

I really only said that Hamilton probably loses that is because Ross trained for the 40. The biggest factor in that run is the start. Getting off the line quick is an art those guys train for in the underwear olympics.

~T.S. Eliot
theJ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Not so fast on the around the bases. Ross is gazelle-like in and out of cuts, fast through routes, and has probably played baseball at some point in his life. That's not to suggest Hamilton won't win, but we aren't talking about a straight-line only runner (track sprinter). The only true advantage Ross has is in the 40 because I would assume Hamilton never ran track, as it would conflict with the high school baseball season.

Running routes =/= taking the optimum path around the bases. One of the things that separates Hamilton from his other fast peers is that he rounds the bases in a way to maintain speed but not increase the overall distance too much.

Again, just like with the 40, we're probably talking a difference of fractions of a second. But i think Hamilton has an edge there, even if Ross is faster overall.

~T.S. Eliot
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know Marvin put the kibosh on the proposed race, don't you? Panthers have a guy who ran a 9.93 hundred meters in their camp who also said he'd like to race Ross. PFT calls him the fastest man to ever play in the NFL, that is if he ever plays in the NFL.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
You guys do know Marvin put the kibosh on the proposed race, don't you? Panthers have a guy who ran a 9.93 hundred meters in their camp who also said he'd like to race Ross. PFT calls him the fastest man to ever play in the NFL, that is if he ever plays in the NFL.

he did that last week (before the conversation on this even started). It will happen in the off-season and raise some $$$ for local charities.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

he did that last week (before the conversation on this even started). It will happen in the off-season and raise some $$$ for local charities.

Doesnt shock me they shut it down right now. It would be like Chad vs. the Horse back in the day.

God I miss Ocho

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend surprised me with 50 yard line seats on opening day. Super pumped.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
My girlfriend surprised me with 50 yard line seats on opening day. Super pumped.

Sounds serious...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: