Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Training Camp talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Pre Training Camp talk Reply with quote

Well I think that was a very interesting draft. We added a ton of playmaking ability and speed.

The success of this upcoming season is going to hinge solely on this offensive line.

Favorite pick: Joe Mixon
I think he truly is going to be great. I believe he has moved past that incident and will be trying to prove the haters wrong.

Least Favorite pick: Josh Malone
It's not that I don't like him as a player. I do. I just don't like spending a 4th rounder on a 5th/6th receiver. I really thought we would add more offensive lineman to come in and compete.
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 5043
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Training Camp talk Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Well I think that was a very interesting draft. We added a ton of playmaking ability and speed.

The success of this upcoming season is going to hinge solely on this offensive line.

Favorite pick: Joe Mixon
I think he truly is going to be great. I believe he has moved past that incident and will be trying to prove the haters wrong.

Least Favorite pick: Josh Malone
It's not that I don't like him as a player. I do. I just don't like spending a 4th rounder on a 5th/6th receiver. I really thought we would add more offensive lineman to come in and compete.


Agree completely 'jd'.

Tough to lose guys like Whit and KZ and not feel it. Zampese is going to have to be very creative to slow up the defence and help out the OL, otherwise Dalton is getting killed.

Poor OL class this year, so it was a bad year to lose two guys up front, especially with Ogbuehi looking so shaky.

As for the draft, I was fine with the first 4 picks, but Malone and the kicker screwed this draft up for me; there were some fairly decent run-guards there when we took Malone, and I would have preferred a bull like Asiata or Banner.

Even now; we look very light at OT
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DatDudeKB3


Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 672
Location: Portsmouth/Wheelersburg, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figure this is a good place to talk UDFAs instead of making a new thread. The Bengals have signed the following:

Torren McGaster, CB, Vandy
Jarveon Williams, RB, UT San Antonio
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Dustin Stanton, OL, Oregon St
Brandon Bell, LB, Penn St
Karel Hamilton, WR, Samford
Demetrious Cox, S, Mich St
Jason Carr, DT, West Georgia
Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska
Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado
Tyler O'Conner, QB, Mich St
Kent Perkins, OL, Texas
Landon Lechler, OL, North Dakota St
Philip Nelson, QB, East Carolina
Harold Brantley, DT, NW Missouri St
Monty Madaris, WR, Mich St
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Figure this is a good place to talk UDFAs instead of making a new thread. The Bengals have signed the following:

Torren McGaster, CB, Vandy
Jarveon Williams, RB, UT San Antonio
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Dustin Stanton, OL, Oregon St
Brandon Bell, LB, Penn St
Karel Hamilton, WR, Samford
Demetrious Cox, S, Mich St
Jason Carr, DT, West Georgia
Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska
Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado
Tyler O'Conner, QB, Mich St
Kent Perkins, OL, Texas
Landon Lechler, OL, North Dakota St
Philip Nelson, QB, East Carolina
Harold Brantley, DT, NW Missouri St
Monty Madaris, WR, Mich St


Anybody good? I've heard of Bell and Cox
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DatDudeKB3


Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 672
Location: Portsmouth/Wheelersburg, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Figure this is a good place to talk UDFAs instead of making a new thread. The Bengals have signed the following:

Torren McGaster, CB, Vandy
Jarveon Williams, RB, UT San Antonio
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Dustin Stanton, OL, Oregon St
Brandon Bell, LB, Penn St
Karel Hamilton, WR, Samford
Demetrious Cox, S, Mich St
Jason Carr, DT, West Georgia
Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska
Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado
Tyler O'Conner, QB, Mich St
Kent Perkins, OL, Texas
Landon Lechler, OL, North Dakota St
Philip Nelson, QB, East Carolina
Harold Brantley, DT, NW Missouri St
Monty Madaris, WR, Mich St


Anybody good? I've heard of Bell and Cox


I like those two, Nelson, Carter, and Tupou. Both Stanton and Lechler are worth bringing to camp too. This will be a solid haul if all of these guys are confirmed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrCincinnati


Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 2637
Location: Hamilton, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Training Camp talk Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Well I think that was a very interesting draft. We added a ton of playmaking ability and speed.

The success of this upcoming season is going to hinge solely on this offensive line.

Favorite pick: Joe Mixon
I think he truly is going to be great. I believe he has moved past that incident and will be trying to prove the haters wrong.

Least Favorite pick: Josh Malone
It's not that I don't like him as a player. I do. I just don't like spending a 4th rounder on a 5th/6th receiver. I really thought we would add more offensive lineman to come in and compete.


Couldn't agree more on that statement. Every other position on this team looks very improved, but despite that this team could still sink because of how bad this OL could potential be.

The 1986 eagles had the worst OL ever giving up 104 sacks, so I guess we will find out if they are as bad as advertised right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrCincinnati


Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 2637
Location: Hamilton, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Figure this is a good place to talk UDFAs instead of making a new thread. The Bengals have signed the following:

Torren McGaster, CB, Vandy
Jarveon Williams, RB, UT San Antonio
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Dustin Stanton, OL, Oregon St
Brandon Bell, LB, Penn St
Karel Hamilton, WR, Samford
Demetrious Cox, S, Mich St
Jason Carr, DT, West Georgia
Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska
Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado
Tyler O'Conner, QB, Mich St
Kent Perkins, OL, Texas
Landon Lechler, OL, North Dakota St
Philip Nelson, QB, East Carolina
Harold Brantley, DT, NW Missouri St
Monty Madaris, WR, Mich St


Josh Tupou is the best one out of that bunch and its not even close. Considering the Bengals need some help at NT anyway, he's got a realistic shot at making this roster, if he beat out guys like Deshawn Williams and Brandon Thompson. But with how many guys they drafted on the DL, they may only carry 4 guys.

Also like Karel Hamilton and Cethan Carter. Hamilton has no shot making the roster, but maybe Carter can. I fully expect the 3 guys I mentioned to make the practice squad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DatDudeKB3


Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 672
Location: Portsmouth/Wheelersburg, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illinois LB Hardy Nickerson has been added as an UDFA. Decent pickup. Could've been drafted.

Having a hard time getting multiple sources on Philip Nelson, so we'll see how true that report ends up being.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 26419
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barely heard of any of them, but if I had to guess if their first name starts with a J, they will likely make the team
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DatDudeKB3


Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 672
Location: Portsmouth/Wheelersburg, OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team has signed Kentucky RB Boom Williams. Another one I like.

An update on Nelson. He is being brought in on tryout basis by both the Bengals and the Browns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Brandon Wilson might be their new ST guy. Depending on how he does could push Peermans spot, especially with his ability to play RB.
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DatDudeKB3


Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 672
Location: Portsmouth/Wheelersburg, OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team has added a couple more of UDFA wideouts. Ohio State's Corey Smith and Oklahoma's Geno Lewis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
The team has added a couple more of UDFA wideouts. Ohio State's Corey Smith and Oklahoma's Geno Lewis.


Wonder why they are adding so many WRs. I would add more oline and dline
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 7300
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the Bengals need to add a veteran LT. What happens when Ogbeuhi allows 3 sacks his first game at LT?
_________________


Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 21750
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I still think the Bengals need to add a veteran LT. What happens when Ogbeuhi allows 3 sacks his first game at LT?


Man, we have zero LTs on this team if Ced doesn't work out or gets hurt... Laughing Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group