You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Undrafted Free Agents Tracker

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: 2017 Undrafted Free Agents Tracker Reply with quote

Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame
Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson
Calvin Munson, LB, SDSU
Jessamon Junker, OL, TSU
Josh Banks, DT, Wake
Colin Thompson, TE, Temple
Shane Smith, FB, San Jose
Chad Wheeler, OT, USC
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviante Collins signed with Vikings.
Looks like Collin Buchanon still available
gregdege

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Undrafted Free Agents Tracker Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Calvin Munson, LB, SDSU
Jessamon Junker, OL, TSU
Josh Banks, DT, Wake
Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Updated:

Romond Deloatch, TE, Temple
Jadar Johnson, SS, S, Clemson
Keeon Johnson, WR, Virginia
Jarron Jones, DT, 3-4DE, NT, Notre Dame
Calvin Munson, OLB, San Diego State
Travis Rudolph, WR, Florida State
Shane Smith, FB, San Jose State
Chad Wheeler, OT, USC
gregdege

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your eye on Travis Rudolph and Chad Wheeler I can see them make the final roster.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregdege wrote:
Keep your eye on Travis Rudolph and Chad Wheeler I can see them make the final roster.

No way. Chad Wheeler maybe, but if anyone's got a chance, it's Jarron Jones and Jadar Johnson. Especially Jarron Jones. Watch his tape against Miami. He was a one man wrecking crew. His potential is through the roof. Jadar Johnson has a chance to supplant Berhe on the roster, at least take his spot when he inevitably goes on IR with a concussion.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
gregdege wrote:

No way. Chad Wheeler maybe, but if anyone's got a chance, it's Jarron Jones and Jadar Johnson. Especially Jarron Jones. Watch his tape against Miami. He was a one man wrecking crew. His potential is through the roof. Jadar Johnson has a chance to supplant Berhe on the roster, at least take his spot when he inevitably goes on IR with a concussion.

Would not be surprised if Jadar Johnson ends up our starting FS. Ball skills are insane but he's weak/lazy against the run. Good thing we have a great DL and Collins
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
gregdege wrote:

I went and looked up the highlights of Jones in that game. He was a one man wrecking crew in the first half. He has the physical talent to be pretty good, but there are questions about him effort and character though. Ultimately, you can't become a good player at the highest level without some passion for the game.

I agree about safety. The backup spots behind Collins and Thompson will be wide open for competition. We had a 33(?) year old Leon Hall starting back there at one point last year.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
gregdege wrote:

I went and looked up the highlights of Jones in that game. He was a one man wrecking crew in the first half. He has the physical talent to be pretty good, but there are questions about him effort and character though. Ultimately, you can't become a good player at the highest level without some passion for the game.

I agree about safety. The backup spots behind Collins and Thompson will be wide open for competition. We had a 33(?) year old Leon Hall starting back there at one point last year.

I hate to be that guy, but he'll be playing alongside 3 all-pros in JPP, Vernon, and Snacks, and he'll also be playing alongside former teammate Romeo Okwara on one of the best defenses in the NFL. If he can't stay motivated here, I'm not sure he will anywhere. His potential excites me so much though and I think being an UDFA will motivate him even more. It's that extra chip on your shoulder.

I think we carry 4 safeties this year: Collins, Thompson, Adams, and Jadar Johnson makes the team as the 4th. There is definitely a roster spot available for a center fielder type of safety.

That OT from Tennessee State is interesting too. He might be better than Bisnowaty. Same goes for Wheeler. Those 3 will probably be battling for the last OL spot on the roster.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Undrafted Free Agents Tracker Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Calvin Munson, LB, SDSU
Jessamon Junker, OL, TSU
Josh Banks, DT, Wake
Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Nice list, Kodaraw, and thanks for the timely effort. Always fun to check up on these undrafted FA signings- some of them do work out, occasionally.

One minor correction? The following guy, from his name, may be in the wrong sport; but his size-speed numbers are interesting:

Quote:
Jessamen Dunker (OL, Tennessee State) - I’ll admit, I didn’t know anything about Dunker until the last day of the draft. But as developmental linemen started going off the board and we got into the “who?” stage of the draft, I took a look at him.

Dunker is an intriguing prospect who probably profiles as a guard, but could be athletic enough to try at tackle. Despite being 6’4”, 318 pounds, Dunker turned a sub 5-second 40-yard dash (4.9Cool at the Scouting Combine and (reportedly) has quick feet on the field. He needs work on both his strength and technique to hang at the next level, but he could be a developmental prospect if he is willing to put in the work.

TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you guys are bringing in Purdue LB/S Jimmy Herman for a look.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a kicker
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApeDosMatt wrote:
I want a kicker

We have a young kicker. Makes more sense to bring in a vet for competition.
percellovegiant

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Wheeler is getting a roster spot watch!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: