You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 NFL Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: 2018 NFL Draft Needs Reply with quote

Yea I'm a loser Laughing

I'm going to assume Bell and Tuitt get long term deals before TC this year...

Not in exact order in each section

Upper Tier Needs
-TE(James average...Green done)
-FS(Mitchell will be going into last year of deal...Steelers have gone FA route to fill though before)
-CB(lots of bodies...Cockrell FA)

Middle Tier Needs
-OLB(Harrison can't play forever and Moats FA)
-OG/OC(Foster wrong side of 30, Finney long term replacement? Depth at C)
-ILB(Williams limited and Shazier durability)

Low Tier Needs
-NT(depth)
-S(depth...Golden blows)
warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too soon:

TE - The team loves James.
FS - Someone might switch positions
CB - Don't disagree but lets see how players develop first

OLB - See CB
OG/OC - Foster is only 31 and Finney played really well. Maybe depth is needed.
ILB - Lets let VW and TM play some before chalking it up.

NT - Depth sure.
S - Depth sure.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE - Mark Andrews - Oklahoma (JR)
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch Long Snapper off the list.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

Laughing

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like next year's draft will be a real good one for QBs. I think the Steelers should look to find Ben's eventual replacement. I say that believing that Dobbs is not the QB of the future.

I would still put CB high on the list as well as a FS to eventually replace Mitchell. I thought this would have been a good year to do that and then cut Mitchell after the upcoming season.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
mwalker

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Players likely to go before we pick,
that I wish could be Steelers:

S Derwin James, FSU (best to come out in years)
CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
It looks like next year's draft will be a real good one for QBs. I think the Steelers should look to find Ben's eventual replacement. I say that believing that Dobbs is not the QB of the future.

I would still put CB high on the list as well as a FS to eventually replace Mitchell. I thought this would have been a good year to do that and then cut Mitchell after the upcoming season.
so you think we decided to take one this year just to be the backup, to one that you wanna draft next year? i dont think that was their thinking at all. I think they took Dobbs knowing he has all the tools and wont need to be on the field for at least 3 years
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too believe Le'Veon, & Tuitt get inked long-term this offseason. That being said here's my list

1.) FS- I know myself and other have desired a ballhawking Safety for years and with Mitchell winding down, I hope we get our hands on one.

2.) LT- Alejandro V. Needing a new deal and is inking those men I mentioned above, this may be a big need heading into next offseason if the two sides can't come to agreement on a team friendly deal although I think Vinny isn't seeking BIG money. Hopefully there's enough to go around to wipe this need off my list. It just worries me.

3.) CB- I know we just drafted Sutton & Allen but my guess is neither are going to me the huge impact we need in order to scratch this off the "Needs List" come next offseason. Plus in this day and age you can never have too many cover CBs.

4.) TE- I'm holding out faith that Green comes back and makes a difference this year and Jesse James makes a little more growth entering year 3. If not, this could be a higher priority then I currently have it.

5.) ILB- I like VW and think he's going to have a nice season without any drop off in our D, but he's no "difference maker." Not to mention Shazier's injury history.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!. FS - Mitchell is never going to learn to tackle and we need somebody that can do more than just go for the big hit...

2. TE - Look, I love JJ but he needs help and unless Orndorff can step up and replace Green and his concussion issues we will need to draft one...

3. ILB - Shazier is a fixture, is Williams? Will Big Red be able to step it up? If not we need depth here. And I love Matakevich so I hope he can...

4. CB - This will be Gay's last hurrah and I don't see Sensabaugh, Golson or Shabazz being the answers. For that matter, will Cockrell improve?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

We severely lack depth at the position.

Wouldnt be against spending a 2nd rounder on one next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Assuming Tuitt, AV and Bell get inked to extensions, then my top 4 draft needs would be:

1) SHUT DOWN corner. hopefully Burns is a true #1 by then and we have proven depth. If the youth shows out enough this need could drop down to #4.

2) Replace Mitchell with a ball hawk, lows cap and improves team

3) Replace Green with a seam stretcher TE, also lowers cap and improves team. If JJ keeps improving this would just give us scheme flexibility.

4) Replace Pouncey, hopefully a healthier talented center. His injury history won't get better with age and his cap hit should finally be edible.

5) Depth at ILB. Maybe a hybrid S type here would be a great fit.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure talent there's few better than Pouncey in the NFL. And he had a healthy year last year.

Just like the Coates hate, the putting down of Pouncey gets too absurd here at times.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Pure talent there's few better than Pouncey in the NFL. And he had a healthy year last year.

Just like the Coates hate, the putting down of Pouncey gets too absurd here at times.

He's slightly overrated but big thing with him is injury history cap number.

He's under contract thru 2019...not cuttable til at earliest after 2017, more likely after 2018 season.

Some think you can get 75% of his performance at 1/10 of the cost in Finney...I can see their point, however I find it more likely they extend him 2 years from now to help out the next qb after Ben.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
warfelg wrote:

He's slightly overrated but big thing with him is injury history cap number.

He's under contract thru 2019...not cuttable til at earliest after 2017, more likely after 2018 season.

Some think you can get 75% of his performance at 1/10 of the cost in Finney...I can see their point, however I find it more likely they extend him 2 years from now to help out the next qb after Ben.

Injury history:
Someone rolled up on his ankle spraining it
David DeCastro dove into his leg
Someone rolled up on his leg breaking it

I kinda stand by what I said before with Bell too:
These are injuries from playing that 99.9% of players would have had in the same exact situation. It's the injuries that guys have that didn't come from contact that scare me. Like Woodley's injuries were bad because it was all non-contact soft tissue issues. Bell and Pouncey don't scare me because their injuries came from unavoidable parts of contact.

Hahahahaha.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: