You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 7 Pick 30 Overall 248: Keion Adams 6'2 245 4.70

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Round 7 Pick 30 Overall 248: Keion Adams 6'2 245 4.70 Reply with quote

[/img]

Quote:
OVERVIEW
The three-sport high school athlete in North Carolina came to WMU ready to go; he started five games as a true freshman, making 23 tackles, 2.5 for loss and a sack. Adams' production held steady as a sophomore (three starts, 2.5 TFL, 0.5 sack), but he came alive as a junior (41 tackles, 10 for loss, 5.5 sacks). He earned second-team All-MAC accolades -- and real interest from NFL scouts -- in his senior year, leading the 13-1 Broncos with 18 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Basketball background is evident in his play. Feet are light and bounding. Rarely false steps out of his stance and into his rush. Always works to an edge against blockers. Makes it extremely difficult for tackles to mirror him. Rarely allows a square punch into his chest. Has loose hips to flip around the edge like a basketball defender working over a screen. Has the fluidity and flexibility for tight cornering as pass rusher. Inside counter spin is a dangerous weapon he can feature more. Features big closing burst to the ball as a rusher and in pursuit of ball carriers. Has quickness out of stance to shoot gaps and stink up the backfield. Diagnoses wide flowing runs quickly and climbs over the top of tight ends racing ahead to maintain contain on the edge.
WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal size and length on the edge. Can be engulfed by size and driven off his position. Will need to fight back against wash down blocks on the move. Lacks consistent hand usage at point of attack and as a rusher. Needs to learn to become better hand fighter at the top of his rush. Missing a go-to counter move. Will have to improve punch-and-shuck technique when taking on blocks. Willingness to work around blocks on the edge could create wider running lanes for NFL running games. Scouts have some concerns over character red flags.
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 5-6
NFL COMPARISON Arthur Moats
BOTTOM LINE Adams is an elusive pass rusher who wins with athleticism and foot quickness, but who may lack the size and length to be considered an every-down edge player in a 3-4 front. Adams has pursuit quickness around the field and can be very disruptive when allowed to shoot gaps against the run, but he will have to prove he can set a strong edge and hold his ground at the point of attack if he wants to become anything more than a situational rusher.
-Lance Zierlein

My breakdown:
Western Michigan OLB Keion Adams 6'2 245: Tasmanian devil! Wicked nasty & quick spin move. Relentless. Has multiple pass rush moves. Can go from speed to spin in an instant. Hand placement & rush technique is very good. Can bend and flatten to get after the QB. Confident. Needs Coach Porter to turn up his intensity to another level.

Edit: 2017 Steelers Draft Picks Review... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWyf8mnGPM

News: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706803-keion-adams-nfl-draft-2017-scouting-report-for-pittsburgh-steelers-pick

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2017/04/western_michigans_keion_adams_1.html

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-mock-drafts-profiles-video-clips-highlights-steelers-analysis-breakdowns-news/2017/4/29/15438584/2017-nfl-draft-results-pittsburgh-steelers-select-olb-keion-adams-with-seventh-round-pick-linebacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xle8yF0PMvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pUrQxtRNXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PefiJGWu2wI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpgl6gj5R9s

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Last edited by armsteeld on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a favorite late round sleeper of mine. I loved his athleticism, motor, and ability to dip around the edge. Treat him well!

#1 ET Supporter
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams vs Georgia Southern... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpgl6gj5R9s

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams vs MTSU.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PefiJGWu2wI

JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
He was a favorite late round sleeper of mine. I loved his athleticism, motor, and ability to dip around the edge. Treat him well!

Adams is tremendous. I didn't look it him too closely before the draft but he is a dynamic, smart football player who never appears to be out of position relative to his assignment. This could be a big-time steal.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams the 2nd to sign.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was checking out the photos from Steelers rookie mini-camp and noticed that Adams looks oddly similar to Dupree Laughing

I would love for him to have an amazing TC and unseat Chik or Moats. Unfortunately, I think Chik is close to reaching his ceiling, if he hasn't hit it already.

Another side note: just noticed Adams comparison on NFL.com is Arthur Moats Think

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Chieferific

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Was checking out the photos from Steelers rookie mini-camp and noticed that Adams looks oddly similar to Dupree Laughing

I would love for him to have an amazing TC and unseat Chik or Moats. Unfortunately, I think Chik is close to reaching his ceiling, if he hasn't hit it already.

Another side note: just noticed Adams comparison on NFL.com is Arthur Moats Think

I'd take that in the 7th Rd! Moats is a solid Role Player/Backup. Of course we'd all rather he turned out to be a better Pass Rusher than Moats but honestly, if you can get a Moats-type player in the 7th you have to be satisfied.
DR43

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him but I Highly doubt he makes the team unless there are significant injuries.

I'm not unhappy with a LS in the 6th as chances are someone else wouldn't have made the team either.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think he makes the team. The defense has agreed to abandon the OLBs rotations, as it was inefficient. This means now the dire need is a developmental prospect who can play the special team. Keion Adams just seem to be too much of benefactor of this change and I'm afraid Moats may be the guy who gets cut.

Keion Adams' triangle numbers are actually ALMOSt exactly like Joey Porter's. Their profiles are eerily similar. People forget that we are going to employ the 3-3-5 and 2-4-5 more, which we almost have no use for the fifth OLBs except for the special team. We have James Harrison and Bud Dupree as primarily OLBs. Anthony Chickillo and TJ Watt as the next man up and we all know they are already at least serviceable back-ups. They will keep Keion Adams instead of Arthur Moats, even though I do really like Moats.

Regarding the Long Snapper they drafted; he's going to make the team. You and I don't have to like it, but he is. This draft on the paper seemingly to be the kind of draft where they decisively keep all the draftees on the roster.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: