Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about Glen Antoine? I would have thought he'd have signed somewhere by now one of my favoirte developmental NT's in this draft.
Crickett

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
Not surprised the Cowboys signed Dan Skipper with his knack for blocking field goals lol

Not a bad insurance policy in case Chaz Green gets hurt again.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
This is our haul so far. Don't know a single one. Laughing

Arrow LB Paul Magloire, Arizona
Arrow TE Antony Auclair, Laval (Canada)
Arrow DB Maurice Fleming, West Virginia
Arrow LB Riley Bullough, Michigan State
Arrow DE Darnell Leslie, Monmouth
Arrow QB Sefo Liufau, Colorado
Arrow OL Korren Kirven, Alabama
Arrow CB Jonathan Moxey, Boise State
Arrow WR Thomas Sperbeck, Boise State
Arrow LB Christian Kuntz, Duquesne
Arrow WR Jesus “Bobo” Wilson, FSU
Arrow CB Greg Mabin, Iowa
Arrow WR Cole Freytag, UTEP
Arrow Longsnapper Drew Williams, South Carolina
Arrow DT Darious Cummings, Florida
Arrow CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno State
Arrow S Alex Gray, Appalachian State
Arrow LB Richie Brown, Michigan State
Arrow DE Jamichael Winston, Arkansas

Richie Brown is probably one of the best of the group, better athlete than most give him credit for, but did not have as good of a season as he did as a junior. Still very productive and active player, surprised he was not drafted.

Sefo Liufau is a great leader, just on his character alone he could be good as a 3rd string guy if not 2nd string. Could very well make the team as a backup for sure, nice pickup for them.

Jesus “Bobo” Wilson, if he did not get injured this year would probably have been drafted. Love his return potential and ability to make people miss in the open field. Very talented in that regard and could make the team because of it.

Riley Bullough just on effort and passion alone is an interesting talent, special teams guy most likely but the passion and energy makes him interesting.

Jamichael Winston is a surprise, big underachiever in college, nothing great but has a nice build and frame.

Greg Mabin never was a big fan of his to be honest, average corner at best but worth a look I suppose. Had him on the radar but not very high.

Korren Kirven, was never real impressed with him, physically he is interesting but not much after that. Played against top flight competition though and held his own at times. Did take a very long time in his career to consistently see the field which is an issue.

Some of the other guys never really stood out to me much...
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the top guys have been signed as UDFA. These have not as of now as far as I know.

*Devonte Fields- Very surprised, sure has some issues but athletically he is quite impressive.

*William Likely- Injury issues this past year, but when healthy on return ability alone he should get a long look.

*Jerod Evans- Kind of surprised but warning to those underclassmen coming out early.

*Anthony Wales- I liked him a lot, see if he gets signed. Had a great season his past year.

*Ben Braden- Surprised by him as well, word he signed possibly but not sure who yet.

*DeVon Edwards- Injury issues, when healthy though he is an impressive ball hawk as a safety or corner with a lot of return ability.

*Derrick Griffin- Character issues and did not impressive as much as one would think at his workout. However another basketball player that has not even played football since high school was signed as a UDFA. Griffin should at least get a chance at a camp I would think.

Jimmie Gilbert, signed by the 49ers is probably the biggest surprise to be undrafted. 6-5 230 linebacker in a 3/4 potentially and had 11 sacks this past season. 49ers got a steal with him and Cole Hikutini for sure, probably the best two UDFA's out there arguably. They also got KD Cannon who is a nice get as well.

These underclassmen who declared early have not been drafted of course and as of now have not been signed as a UDFA..

Joseph Yearby
Devine Redding
Speedy Noil
Deon-Tay McManus
Jerod Evans
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers officially agreed to terms with five UDFAs. Roster is already full.

LB Ben Boulware Clemson
DE Bryan Cox Jr Florida
CB Cole Luke Notre Dame
WR Austin Duke Charlotte
WR Fred Ross Mississippi St

I could see Boulware possibly making the team. That's about it.

We also offered a contract to a DT from Washington St DT Robert Barber but rescinded it when it was revealed he assaulted a student on campus a few months ago and is about to face trial for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
This is our haul so far. Don't know a single one. Laughing

Arrow LB Paul Magloire, Arizona
Arrow TE Antony Auclair, Laval (Canada)
Arrow DB Maurice Fleming, West Virginia
Arrow LB Riley Bullough, Michigan State
Arrow DE Darnell Leslie, Monmouth
Arrow QB Sefo Liufau, Colorado
Arrow OL Korren Kirven, Alabama
Arrow CB Jonathan Moxey, Boise State
Arrow WR Thomas Sperbeck, Boise State
Arrow LB Christian Kuntz, Duquesne
Arrow WR Jesus “Bobo” Wilson, FSU
Arrow CB Greg Mabin, Iowa
Arrow WR Cole Freytag, UTEP
Arrow Longsnapper Drew Williams, South Carolina
Arrow DT Darious Cummings, Florida
Arrow CB Tyquwan Glass, Fresno State
Arrow LB Richie Brown, Michigan State
Arrow DE Jamichael Winston, Arkansas

Richie Brown is probably one of the best of the group, better athlete than most give him credit for, but did not have as good of a season as he did as a junior. Still very productive and active player, surprised he was not drafted.

Sefo Liufau is a great leader, just on his character alone he could be good as a 3rd string guy if not 2nd string. Could very well make the team as a backup for sure, nice pickup for them.

Jesus “Bobo” Wilson, if he did not get injured this year would probably have been drafted. Love his return potential and ability to make people miss in the open field. Very talented in that regard and could make the team because of it.

Riley Bullough just on effort and passion alone is an interesting talent, special teams guy most likely but the passion and energy makes him interesting.

Jamichael Winston is a surprise, big underachiever in college, nothing great but has a nice build and frame.

Greg Mabin never was a big fan of his to be honest, average corner at best but worth a look I suppose. Had him on the radar but not very high.

Korren Kirven, was never real impressed with him, physically he is interesting but not much after that. Played against top flight competition though and held his own at times. Did take a very long time in his career to consistently see the field which is an issue.

Korren Kirven was originally supposed to go to Virginia Tech then switched to Alabama. Had he stayed he probably would've seen the field a lot earlier at VT and gotten more experience.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the pickup of Praise Martin-Oguike for the Dolphins. He was one of my guys. I was watching a lot of Reddick pre-draft and Praise jumped off the screen rushing the QB from the other side. Hope he gets a chance there.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
Most of the top guys have been signed as UDFA. These have not as of now as far as I know.

*Devonte Fields- Very surprised, sure has some issues but athletically he is quite impressive.

*William Likely- Injury issues this past year, but when healthy on return ability alone he should get a long look.

*Jerod Evans- Kind of surprised but warning to those underclassmen coming out early.

*Anthony Wales- I liked him a lot, see if he gets signed. Had a great season his past year.

*Ben Braden- Surprised by him as well, word he signed possibly but not sure who yet.

*DeVon Edwards- Injury issues, when healthy though he is an impressive ball hawk as a safety or corner with a lot of return ability.

*Derrick Griffin- Character issues and did not impressive as much as one would think at his workout. However another basketball player that has not even played football since high school was signed as a UDFA. Griffin should at least get a chance at a camp I would think.

Jimmie Gilbert, signed by the 49ers is probably the biggest surprise to be undrafted. 6-5 230 linebacker in a 3/4 potentially and had 11 sacks this past season. 49ers got a steal with him and Cole Hikutini for sure, probably the best two UDFA's out there arguably. They also got KD Cannon who is a nice get as well.

These underclassmen who declared early have not been drafted of course and as of now have not been signed as a UDFA..

Joseph Yearby
Devine Redding
Speedy Noil
Deon-Tay McManus
Jerod Evans

Evans is old. Going back to school would've likely hurt him. As it turned out, he didn't get Drafted, but he can still get with a team and prove himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Pay special attention to this guy. Could be a player. He was on my radar last summer until he was honestly just lost in the shuffle for me. He looks the part. Has good size. He can run. He's a straight line guy though with some stiffness. Had a domestic abuse situation in his history from a few years ago.

Ozzy wrote:

Thanks, guys. It's much appreciated.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Bit tasteless for the Pats to be giving contracts to someone called Killings in light of recent events.

That's not as bad as the Chiefs adding Mama to Dadi.

Actually, it's not out of bounds that both make the team. They did not draft any OL.

J

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally news on Jerod Evans. Signed with the Eagles.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:

Evans is old. Going back to school would've likely hurt him. As it turned out, he didn't get Drafted, but he can still get with a team and prove himself.
Old? 23 is really that old? Carson Wentz is currently 24 and Dak Prescott is 23. Evans is not that old, not like he is Brandon Weeden, and he would have been drafted higher if he would have came back to school another year. Lucky he was even signed by the Eagles as a UDFA. To say he was NFL ready is a stretch and should have put more tape out there, but the system he was in does not help his development but now a days almost every QB plays in that type of zone read up tempo system.

Has the size for sure, would have liked to see what he could have done this year. And chances of him making the Eagles is slim, McGloin will not be easy to beat out as a 3rd string, and not like the Eagles need a QB to develop for the future. Foles and McGloin will have to play horrible for Evans to make that team.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DT DeAngelo Brown, Louisville (per agent)
WR Bra’Lon Cherry, N.C. State (per Cherry)
QB Tyler Ferguson, Western Kentucky (per ESPN)
CB John Green, Connecticut (per National Football Post)
NT Roderick Henderson, Alabama State (per agent)
SS Denzel Johnson, Texas Christian (per agent)
RB Akeem Judd, Mississippi (per agent)
TE Kody Kohl, Arizona State (per coach)
WR Kevonn Mabon, Ball State (per Mabon)
OT Ryan Melton, Texas State (minicamp tryout, per Houston Chronicle)
OT Steven Moore, California (per league source)
WR Giovanni Pascascio, Louisville (per agent)
OT Jonah Pirsig, Minnesota (per agent)
DE Steven Rhodes, MTSU (per DNJ)
SS Aaron Taylor, Ball State (minicamp tryout, per The Star Press)
LB Ja'Karri Thomas, Vanderbilt (per WCTV)
P Ethan Wood, Wyoming (minicamp tryout, per Casper Star-Tribune)

This is the Titans haul so far. Would love to hear any opinions on these guys as I'm not familiar with any.

Sig by Smack

NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Quote:

This is the Titans haul so far. Would love to hear any opinions on these guys as I'm not familiar with any.
y'all hoarded half of the good nose tackles

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Ozzy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

They got a lot of interesting players in the draft but this UDFA group is not great I do not think. Some of these guys were barely even noticeable on their own teams, a few ok talents though potentially.

DT DeAngelo Brown had a very good year, huge guy and plays low and has decent pass rush potential. Is hard to handle when he is going all out. Was surprised he did not get drafted, probably is the best player they got as a UDFA.

WR Bra’Lon Cherry, I liked what he did this past season, dangerous weapon with make you miss ability and nice potential as a return man for sure. But Adoree might be doing most of that. Still good return man and that might make him stick around.

RB Akeem Judd, physically he is impressive. Love his size and strength, big back with decent athletic ability and runs hard. Never was super elite and will be super hard for him to make that roster, doubt he does.

OT Jonah Pirsig, really liked his potential originally as a freshman but never developed and at times really struggled in pass protection. Never took it to the next level, but is a huge kid and decent athlete, if given time to develop and get on the practice squad he could maybe become a decent backup but has a ways to get to that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: