You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohogs14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Who's your breakout udfa this year and why?

RB Matt Breida (San Francisco 49ers).

He's already challenging 4th round pick Joe Williams for the backup RB job. I actually liked Breida more than Joe Williams before the draft and thought he would get drafted. He tested like a freak athlete at his pro day and his tape reminded me of Cadillac Williams when I first saw it.

Other UFAs from this class that I liked going into the draft are:
CB Sojourn Shelton (Arizona Cardinals)
WR Fred Ross (Carolina Panthers)
LB Dylan Cole (Houston Texans)
TE Cole Hikutini (San Francisco 49ers)
QB Trevor Knight (Arizona Cardinals)
WR Quincy Adeboyejo (Baltimore Ravens)
WR Dominique Reed (Houston Texans)

A little surprised Ross wasn't drafted. Figured the Cowboys might bring him in with the Dak connection.

Saw where Reed had a tryout but wasn't signed. Has some great physical tools but not much else.

Cool to hear Drew Morgan is tearing up OTAs so far with Miami. Plays a lot quicker than he timed at the combine and doesn't drop anything.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Likely, CB Maryland signed a contract with New England Patriots

Jack Lynn, LB Minnesota signed with the Atlanta Falcons

Barrett Burns, TE App State signed with the Baltimore Ravens

Great too see Likely signed, hopefully he can stay healthy, could be a great slot corner and if anything a fine return man as well. Too bad he got injured this past year. Also nice to see Burns get a shot, I liked his potential as a blocking TE.

Speedy Noil, WR Texas A&M was waived by Seattle
Austin Appleby, QB Florida was waived by Dallas
Evan Goodman, G Arizona State was waived by the 49ers

Not surprised Noil got cut, even with some impressive physical abilities he was never really productive in college and shows athletic ability cannot always make up for lack in proper skills for a position.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who's been all over the place for the Chargers apparently is CB Michael Davis from BYU. Anyone know anything about him other than the fact that he's 6'2" 200 and ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day?

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
William Likely, CB Maryland signed a contract with New England Patriots

Jack Lynn, LB Minnesota signed with the Atlanta Falcons

Barrett Burns, TE App State signed with the Baltimore Ravens

Great too see Likely signed, hopefully he can stay healthy, could be a great slot corner and if anything a fine return man as well. Too bad he got injured this past year. Also nice to see Burns get a shot, I liked his potential as a blocking TE.

Speedy Noil, WR Texas A&M was waived by Seattle
Austin Appleby, QB Florida was waived by Dallas
Evan Goodman, G Arizona State was waived by the 49ers

Not surprised Noil got cut, even with some impressive physical abilities he was never really productive in college and shows athletic ability cannot always make up for lack in proper skills for a position.

Smh, he'll be a stud for them. When healthy, is short but a stud.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The guy who's been all over the place for the Chargers apparently is CB Michael Davis from BYU. Anyone know anything about him other than the fact that he's 6'2" 200 and ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day?

6-2, 195 for a corner to run that fast is wildly impressive.

This says he ran a 4.34 40 as his pro day which would have been 3rd overall at the combine for that event.

http://universe.byu.edu/2017/03/24/jamaal-williams-harvey-langi-headline-byu-football-pro-day-participants/

11.14-second 60-yard shuttle which would have tied for 3rd overall at the combine for that event.

Was a ok player on BYU, never was like wow #15 is a super star. Did miss a lot of games to end the season so made him easy to forget. Never really was a ball hawk and never showed great ball skills. Willing tackler but just never took it to that next level as a player I feel. Interesting he is doing well, shocked by those numbers physically he put up at the pro day, no wonder why a team gave him a look. But maybe he is just a workout type guy. When the #&$@ hits the fan in real game action, that is what really counts, not just in a workout or mimi camp. See how he does long term, clearly needs a better feel for the position. With those physical numbers he should have been far more productive on the field and dominant as a player.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

6-2, 195 for a corner to run that fast is wildly impressive.

This says he ran a 4.34 40 as his pro day which would have been 3rd overall at the combine for that event.

http://universe.byu.edu/2017/03/24/jamaal-williams-harvey-langi-headline-byu-football-pro-day-participants/

11.14-second 60-yard shuttle which would have tied for 3rd overall at the combine for that event.

Was a ok player on BYU, never was like wow #15 is a super star. Did miss a lot of games to end the season so made him easy to forget. Never really was a ball hawk and never showed great ball skills. Willing tackler but just never took it to that next level as a player I feel. Interesting he is doing well, shocked by those numbers physically he put up at the pro day, no wonder why a team gave him a look. But maybe he is just a workout type guy. When the #&$@ hits the fan in real game action, that is what really counts, not just in a workout or mimi camp. See how he does long term, clearly needs a better feel for the position. With those physical numbers he should have been far more productive on the field and dominant as a player.

They had a chargers.com interview with him, and he said that he got cocky and thought he deserved his spot on the team, and basically just mailed it in, and got benched for it by the end of the season. He said he had a few offers after the draft, but he loved the way Bradley used his CB's, and thought he fit that perfectly.

I watched a little bit of him, and he was kind of weird. He was really physical, but had no idea how to tackle. He was really solid in coverage for the most part, but nothing that popped off the film. Almost every catch that he gave up was in the middle of tight coverage.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:

They had a chargers.com interview with him, and he said that he got cocky and thought he deserved his spot on the team, and basically just mailed it in, and got benched for it by the end of the season. He said he had a few offers after the draft, but he loved the way Bradley used his CB's, and thought he fit that perfectly.

I watched a little bit of him, and he was kind of weird. He was really physical, but had no idea how to tackle. He was really solid in coverage for the most part, but nothing that popped off the film. Almost every catch that he gave up was in the middle of tight coverage.
He got benched 5 out of the last 6 games because of his attitude? Out of 13 games, he played 8 I believe, and again missed 5 out of the last 6 games and it was not injury related? BYU by the way won their last four games including the bowl game without him apparently.

Will see how he does, to me some corners really stand out especially with how they break on the football and react to the football in the air. Davis never stood out to me that way, and again never showed 4.34 speed either during the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3BmFz_bTLw
Interesting little video, but ultimately if he did not run a sub 4.4 40 at 6-2 not much about his college career is worth mentioning.

"I saw the Jaguars drafted Jalen Ramsey (when Bradley was there), and he is big and fast like me. So I’m trying to show what I can do, and hopefully I can have more practices (like Tuesday’s)”, exclaimed Davis."

Yeah just listen to him a little and can already tell his is very cocky, even with these Ramsey comments. Which is great but he should be far more accomplished if he is going to talk big like that. Again will see what happens in live game action.

Chargers need more of a slot corner and could argue Desmond King has far better everything outside of physical numbers when compared to Davis. Has been hands, better feet, better tackler, but also might play safety will see. Still King has at least produced in college at a big time level against good competition

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: