You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

likely will visit the jets and rams.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
likely will visit the jets and rams.

I heard that it is likely will likely will visit with the jets and rams also.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Levy OL UCONN signed with the 49ers, liked his game and his versatility being able to play tackle or guard. Has good athletic ability and upside I feel.

William Stanback, RB used to be on UCF but then was dismissed signed with the Packers. Good get, he had a lot of ability I thought as a young player, good frame and inbetween the tackles runner. Never turned out in college but could develop into a good player.

Evan Goodman G La Tech signed with 49ers, very big wide body, good strong run blocker and is a nice project prospect as a UDFA.

Jordan Wade DT OU was wavied by Oakland on the other hand Chris Casher was signed by Oakland. Never was super impressed with Casher's game.

KD Cannon was claimed off waivers by the Jets as well...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
KD Cannon already cut from the 49ers.
He had $50,000 guaranteed with the contract he signed...my guess is that he did something that forced their hand. You don't give a UDFA $50,000 if you aren't planning on keeping him around for at least a little while.

Apparently he dogged it during voluntary workouts. 😳

The Jets then claimed him off waivers. Maybe Robby Anderson needed a roommate. 😆
Forge

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Ozzy wrote:
Still no... Devonte Fields, William Likely, DeVon Edwards that I know of

I don't think anyone signed Jon Toth either.

Nope. There was talk the 49ers had, but it fell through. I think Toth has some injury issues plaguing him

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon toth is with the rams right now.
friday starts the rookie/tryout camp and 51 players will be there.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Liggins signed a contract with the Seattle Seahawks. Very interesting, did not play last year because of injury, was a projected OT potentially for them with big upside I thought. Former TE/ wild cat type QB on Ole Miss. Very good athlete but a big time project, nice UDFA potentially, most likely will be a OT but is listed at DT right now.

Ishmael Adams was waived by the Rams, really too bad he was moved to offense this past year at UCLA. He is a corner all day compared to a WR I thought, had above average ball skills and technique at corner, probably less than average ball skills and technique at WR.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaking sweet, Khalid Abdullah RB signed as a UDFA with the Giants. I really liked him coming out of James Madison, has great feet and quickness, can make some really impressive cuts. Good size as well, it is a long shot of course but at least he will get that shot.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/16/bob-marleys-grandson-lands-a-roster-spot-in-washington/

Nico Marley made it to a roster. So glad. He was one of my guys last summer who I lost track of during the year. Good player.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Armstrong former Nebraska QB signed with the Minnesota Vikings as a potential safety.

AJ Jefferson from Mississippi State DT signed with the Rams. Has some potential but did have a down year this past season.

And QB Jerod Evans was released by the Eagles. Kid should have came back to school, could have had another great year and helped himself a lot. Is almost too much of a project guy at this stage with only one proven year under his belt. It says a lot with a project QB like him being cut already before training camp even starts.

Still no Devonte Fields, here is an article on the story. Does not say much one does not already know. Had a more clean record of late than others who were drafted, and the issue of his game tape did not impress. Well it impressed enough to be a drafted player or at least a UDFA I feel. Had 51 tackles for a loss and 26 sacks in basically three years of playing college football at a high level, cannot count that 2nd year at TCU really.. Myles Garrett his high school teammate and #1 pick obviously, during three years in college had 47 tackles for loss and 31 sacks to compare....

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article149364909.html

Could argue he is not a fit for a 3/4 because he cannot hold the edge and is not big enough, but is at least worth a shot I feel. Or just as a active linebacker with blitz ability in a standard 4/3, or at least give him a try out.

NFC East scout-- ""He just might not love the game. Gary Patterson isn't afraid to coach some guys with edge, but he got rid of Fields. I see potential, but potential means you just haven't done it yet. I don't think he has the desire to hold up to what the NFL will ask of him."

Will see what happens if anything with him.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA WR Drew Morgan from Arkansas is making a lot of noise at Dolphins training camp.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
Had a more clean record of late than others who were drafted, and the issue of his game tape did not impress. Well it impressed enough to be a drafted player or at least a UDFA I feel. Had 51 tackles for a loss and 26 sacks in basically three years of playing college football at a high level.

His tape was embarrassing. One of the laziest players I've ever evaluated. His tape sunk a ship that was already full of water. If anyone deserves to be in the position he's in it's him.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's your breakout udfa this year and why?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Packers: Shameless plug for Kentrell Brice, 2016 UDFA. This year I think Cody Heiman has a good chance to make the roster as ILB3 and wouldn't be surprised if he gets playing time from injuries and doesn't give the starting job back

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

RB Matt Breida (San Francisco 49ers).

He's already challenging 4th round pick Joe Williams for the backup RB job. I actually liked Breida more than Joe Williams before the draft and thought he would get drafted. He tested like a freak athlete at his pro day and his tape reminded me of Cadillac Williams when I first saw it.

Other UFAs from this class that I liked going into the draft are:
CB Sojourn Shelton (Arizona Cardinals)
WR Fred Ross (Carolina Panthers)
LB Dylan Cole (Houston Texans)
TE Cole Hikutini (San Francisco 49ers)
QB Trevor Knight (Arizona Cardinals)
WR Quincy Adeboyejo (Baltimore Ravens)
WR Dominique Reed (Houston Texans)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: