FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Minnesota Vikings 2017 Draft Class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
What does the Vikings 2017 Draft Class (all 11 players), the UDFAs signed, the FAs signed before the draft, and 2016 roster players currently under contract - who may stay or leave after 2017, say about the potential positions that need to be addressed in 2018?

Resign:

Xavier Rhodes
Shamar Stephen

Unsure:

Teddy Bridgewater
Sam Bradford
Jerrick McKinnon
Sharrif Floyd
Edmond Robinson
Kai Forbath

Let walk:

Emmanuel Lamur
Tom Johnson
Jabari Price
Antone Exum

I'm sure there are more names I'm missing here. Lots of unsure. Not sold on Bradford, and not sure if Teddy will be effective when he comes back. I have no idea with Floyd. Someone has to take over WLB and I don't think Lamur is the long term answer.

I think Berger and Newman both retire

Biggest needs going into 2018 are QB, K, RG, CB depth, SS

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest need in 2018 is probably LT. I'm not convinced that Reiff is a permanent solution. He might end up getting moved to RT once a better player is drafted, just like what happened in Detroit.

Reiff can move to RT and replace Remmers, who is below average.

RG might also be a need assuming Beavers and Isidora don't contribute much. Perhaps Remmers would take over at RG.

DE will also be a need. Robison is likely in his last season in 2018 and Griffen might be on a decline.

Might want to think about upgrading Safety too.

Kicker & Punter, not sure what happens at these positions.

1. LT
2. DE
3. RG (Remmers? Isidora?)
4. SS

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Biggest need in 2018 is probably LT. I'm not convinced that Reiff is a permanent solution. He might end up getting moved to RT once a better player is drafted, just like what happened in Detroit.

RG might also be a need assuming Beavers and Isidora don't contribute much. Perhaps Remmers would take over at RG.

Reiff might not be the greatest but he will give you an average to maybe slightly above average Lt this year. Probably good enough to keep the starting job. If that happens LT may not be out first pick

Why won't Isidora not contribute in the future? No hope?

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty short sighted to say that Isidora can't help.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding another OT needs to be a priority next year. Even if they aren't going to immediately displace Reiff or Remmers we need a capable 3rd OT.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing that next year's OT class is potentially loaded.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Reiff might not be the greatest but he will give you an average to maybe slightly above average Lt this year. Probably good enough to keep the starting job. If that happens LT may not be out first pick

I have no idea if he does or doesn't work out but a fifth round pick wouldn't prevent me from looking to upgrade the position next year. We will just have to wait and see if he gets an opportunity this year.

Average and consistently healthy is fine for this year at LT. I'd prefer to eventually get an above average starter and I think it should be a priority after this season.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Pretty short sighted to say that Isidora can't help.

I didnt say he can't help, just the likelihood is rather small this year. There is a potential log jam at RG (Sirles, Berger) if Elflein starts at C. Easton, Kerin and Beavers could all potentially be in the mix at RG.

Id like to keep Isidora on the final roster.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I have no idea if he does or doesn't work out but a fifth round pick wouldn't prevent me from looking to upgrade the position next year. We will just have to wait and see if he gets an opportunity this year.

Average and consistently healthy is fine for this year at LT. I'd prefer to eventually get an above average starter and I think it should be a priority after this season.

There is no doubt we want above average, but for the price we paid him you still may look and hope for improvement. Wouldn't be shocked after basically a 1st last year, and basically our 1st 2nd 3rd and really even a 4th on offense this year if we drafted a defensive player with our 1st next year. We have no insurance on Rhodes to stay here. Another bad year by Barr could be making us look at LB still a weakness at SS and our future DE spot along side Hunter is barely locked up.

Defense is something we will have to continue to look at to improve even if our offensive line is only playing average

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the OL is average, I can see looking elsewhere, at least in round one. I don't think the OL will be average in 2017, more like below average, but not a detriment like last year.

I agree with your post on potential needs on defense and I did highlight DE and S as two other areas the Vikes may need to look at. I guess I dont have much concern about extending Xavier Rhodes, I think it happens in 2017.

OLB could definitely be in the mix depending on how Barr and Lamur look.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice thing about both Reiff and Remmers is that they seem to offer positional flexibility. So if LT is the most cost-effective position to upgrade next summer, fine. If it's RG, that's okay too.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: “What we’re finding out now as we evolve in the analytics is what tests are the most important for each position. So the three-cone may be more important at one position and not as important at another. I think analytics have helped clarify the specific athletic drills for us that are important for that position and where you can almost clone guys that are playing at a very high level in our league and compare these guys coming out. That’s just one facet of it, what they did in those drills.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/05/vikings-draft-picks-stack-measurables/

this article also displays our draft picks' measureables from Mockdrafttable.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstrong: “I was kind of rusty at first. But I think that I can bring something to the team on the defensive side of the ball and to special teams. I’m looking forward to next week. I’ll do whatever it takes to play in the NFL.’’

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-expected-sign-nebraska-qb-tommy-armstrong-safety/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Armstrong: “I was kind of rusty at first. But I think that I can bring something to the team on the defensive side of the ball and to special teams. I’m looking forward to next week. I’ll do whatever it takes to play in the NFL.’’

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-expected-sign-nebraska-qb-tommy-armstrong-safety/

It'll be interesting to see how he fares. His pro-day numbers were impressive to say the least. Now, can he become another QB-Turned-Safety HOFer like John Lynch? Time will tell, eh?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldfish's Draft Grade for the Vikings

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588246&start=274

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: