Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The UDFA Thread - Page 1 updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Just signed LB Najee Harris from Wagner College, he was in on a tryout and impressed. Here's a quick scouting report and highlights.

Quote:
...Enter, LB Najee Harris, from little known Wagner college. The 61, 240 lbs, prospect is a rising star amongst prospects and scouts alike. Built like a middle linebacker with the speed of a safety, Harris shows plenty of range on tape, as he can stay in the box and stop the run, and cover tight ends, wideouts, and running backs easily.

With 158 tackles, 4 interceptions, and a forced fumble, Harris has the skill set to be an every down LB. To go along with his speed, he carries the strength to be an ILB and is capable of keeping blocks off of his body. With great vision in the run game and laser like focus, he is a missile when diagnosing plays and chasing the offense.

When watching the tape and looking at his playmaking ability, Harris kind of reminds you of a Philadelphia legend, Brian Dawkins (His favorite player). Now I am not saying he will be Dawkins, no one will. What I am saying is he has the pure talent, speed and skill set to be a true difference maker for the birds, and could be an amazing mixture of LB/S.

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2017/04/18/draft-9/

https://youtu.be/F4XMMeTxdXg

220 lbs

he is a violent player
level of comp at wagner no too good
interesting prospect
sub 4.6 in the 40

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw that and was like no way he's 240
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for S Ahmad Thomas making an impact. He along with Duke LB Dwayne Norman and Oklahoma defensive tackle Jordan Wade, were waived today.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
So much for S Ahmad Thomas making an impact. He along with Duke LB Dwayne Norman and Oklahoma defensive tackle Jordan Wade, were waived today.

I figured Thomas would be the first safety to go.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So battle for 1-2 spots between the guys below. My guess is at least one S on PS as well.

Keith McGill
Anthony Ciofetti
Shalom Luani
Ricky Jefferson
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
So battle for 1-2 spots between the guys below. My guess is at least one S on PS as well.

Keith McGill
Anthony Ciofetti
Shalom Luani
Ricky Jefferson

going to come down to ST value
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Keith McGill
Anthony Ciofetti
Shalom Luani
Ricky Jefferson

Undoubtedly.
Luani will make it barring an epic failure, they obviously like him from how McKenzie speaks of him.
Rutgers fans think very little of Cioffi, no tackling. "Doesn't like contact" is the repetitive phrase used. Not a good thing for a football player..

Jefferson, McGill, Morrow, Harris, anyone pretending to have any idea about whether any of these players make it, at this point, is just blowing smoke.

It is all about STs for that last guy, but even moreso about how the staff values the player and what criteria they use to make their choices. Which none of us know squat about. The only way we would know is if the player absolutely kills camp and preseason in a way that makes it readily apparent they will not cut that guy. Which is pretty rare. Beyond that, we're blind to the process.

My UDFA roster/PS guesses in order, not sure who makes which:

Keon Hatcher
Breon Borders
Ishmael Zamora
Anthony Kukwa
Najee Harris
Jordan Simmons
Deontae Cooper
Pharoah Brown
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Keith McGill
Anthony Ciofetti
Shalom Luani
Ricky Jefferson

Undoubtedly.
Luani will make it barring an epic failure, they obviously like him from how McKenzie speaks of him.
Rutgers fans think very little of Cioffi, no tackling. "Doesn't like contact" is the repetitive phrase used. Not a good thing for a football player..

Jefferson, McGill, Morrow, Harris, anyone pretending to have any idea about whether any of these players make it, at this point, is just blowing smoke.

It is all about STs for that last guy, but even moreso about how the staff values the player and what criteria they use to make their choices. Which none of us know squat about. The only way we would know is if the player absolutely kills camp and preseason in a way that makes it readily apparent they will not cut that guy. Which is pretty rare. Beyond that, we're blind to the process.

My UDFA roster/PS guesses in order, not sure who makes which:

Keon Hatcher
Breon Borders
Ishmael Zamora
Anthony Kukwa
Najee Harris
Jordan Simmons
Deontae Cooper
Pharoah Brown

Nah, I've seen Jefferson and I think he has a chance. I also had a buddy who's a big LSU fan and says they had Jamal Adams type expectations coming into this year before he broke his ankle. He's also apparently a fantastic leader as well. Idk, i think he has a better shot than brown, who has no shot imo. Every year I have a guy I'm really high on, whether through already knowing him or research. Last year was Mickens, this year it's Jefferson. We shall see though.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely to make it for me :

Keon Hatcher
Ishmael Zamora
Breon Borders
HookEm

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Breon Borders

He's an interesting prospect that I'm definitely keeping an eye on. He played really well during his last two seasons at Duke. As a senior he had 2 INT, 11 PBU, and only allowed 38.3% of the passes thrown into his coverage to be completed.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Keon Hatcher
Ishmael Zamora
Breon Borders

Unless hatcher plays special teams, I don't think he makes the roster when we added patterson, and roberts will definitely keep his job. He would have to beat out Holton, assuming we keep him, as holton is a good special teamer as well.

I think that chris casher is a sleeper to make the practice squad, or maybe even the roster. Has all the talent in the world and we don't have a lot of depth at pass rusher behind irvin and mack, unless you count cowser and I guess calhoun, who's still young.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Keon Hatcher
Ishmael Zamora
Breon Borders

Agreed on Borders
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Keon Hatcher
Ishmael Zamora
Breon Borders

Agreed on Borders
Yup Borders seems to have the things you look for at these last spots. cioffi and jefferson have the best odds to make the squad.
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Zamora is the real deal, I hope he keeps himself in check, because him and Cooper for the future. The kind of WR Frankie has always wanted.

Haha. I dont know much about Zamora as a player but the little research I have just done I would say that he sure fits the bill on the physical aspect of what I am looking for. Now it's on him to put in the time and effort to take his game to the next level. Low risk, high reward type pick. If he can't become a good football player we cut him and nothing was lost.

I am certainly intrigued and will watch him closely once TC starts. He most likely wont contribute much this year but with a redshirt year to sit and learn how to be a NFL WR should do him well. It sounds like he has concentration issues, drops easy balls and his route running is very limited but if he want's to be a great player those things can be corrected with practice and studying. He possesses physical skills that can't be thought and for that alone I will watch him closely.

Props to Uncle Buck for the pimpin sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders signed another tryout player, S Marcus McWilson from Kentucky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: