You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The UDFA Thread - Page 1 updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
https://cgsallstar.com/2017/01/cgs-halo-neuroscience-all-star-select-mvps/
Quote:
This kid is athletic, he has adequate size and he has ball skills. He also showed a lot of power in his blocking drills with excellent form and great pop in his blocks. Kukwa is an intriguing guy because of his versatility and movement skills. He could be an H-back, he can function as an inline player and some team might try him as a long snapper. Kukwa doesn’t show off any elite category but he doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses and he simply does a lot of things well. He should be a highly sought after player this draft season because he is a “Swiss Army Knife” type of guy that brings a lot of different skills sets to the table on game day.

2017 College Gridiron Showcase: All-Star Scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzKs-mAzK-U

It's gonna be hard to make a roster beating out established long snappers because of experience and the fact that ST coaches don't like using their long snappers for anything other that LS duties so his versatility kinda goes to waste in relation to a spot on the 53. Of course, an emergency is an emergency.

I can see a possible practice squad spot, if he is really good on offense. That way we also have a LS in the wings to possibly take over when Condo is done.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:
This kid is athletic, he has adequate size and he has ball skills. He also showed a lot of power in his blocking drills with excellent form and great pop in his blocks. Kukwa is an intriguing guy because of his versatility and movement skills. He could be an H-back, he can function as an inline player and some team might try him as a long snapper. Kukwa doesn’t show off any elite category but he doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses and he simply does a lot of things well. He should be a highly sought after player this draft season because he is a “Swiss Army Knife” type of guy that brings a lot of different skills sets to the table on game day.

It's gonna be hard to make a roster beating out established long snappers because of experience and the fact that ST coaches don't like using their long snappers for anything other that LS duties so his versatility kinda goes to waste in relation to a spot on the 53. Of course, an emergency is an emergency.

I can see a possible practice squad spot, if he is really good on offense. That way we also have a LS in the wings to possibly take over when Condo is done.

All arguments with merit.

On the flip side, Condo is 36 and was, without urgency, signed to a one year deal. I can see Kukwa potentially (though unlikely) taking his spot if he is as good a LS as suggested in some articles. And I could potentially see him stay on the PS to take over that role next year, though I am not sure if the staff is willing to keep a PS spot for a LS.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Synyster wrote:
Quote:

All arguments with merit.

On the flip side, Condo is 36 and was, without urgency, signed to a one year deal. I can see Kukwa potentially (though unlikely) taking his spot if he is as good a LS as suggested in some articles. And I could potentially see him stay on the PS to take over that role next year, though I am not sure if the staff is willing to keep a PS spot for a LS.

Yeah there would have to be more than the snapping value there IMO if he was kept on past cuts.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent and Mickens have started off well. Seem to have progressed well on the PS and over the offseason.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Brent and Mickens have started off well. Seem to have progressed well on the PS and over the offseason.

I've been on the Mickens bandwagon since day 1. He'll contribute this year, at the very least make the roster. He's been working his Butt off, and his route running has greatly improved since college. His YAC ability has always been top notch
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we'd find a way to stash Kukwa on IR (like we did with King) if we hope he can take over in 2018.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Omoile can play some center I can see him beating out Feliciano this year. Good size, very bright and Osemeles cousin.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Jylan Ware lined up at LT and Sharpe at RT during rookie mini camp. Makes sense. I like Ware a lot.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_JfnTrUMAEyj8n.jpg:large
G

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_JfnTrUMAEyj8n.jpg:large

Hopefully he can be a bigger, better at catching James Jett. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Kukwa on IR or the Pats, take your pick.

Can always use better depth at center and Ware groomed behind Penn with Sharpe hopefully making Howard expendable.
Howard, Newhouse, Alexander, Kirkland and Sharpe. Lots of competition at RT. Maybe Howard beasts out but I'd think we would have seen that by now. Was better at the Jets than for us.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/raiders/5-udfas-chance-make-raiders-roster/
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5 would be, in no order:

1. Rickey Jefferson, S
2. Xavier Woodson-Luster, OLB
3. Breon Borders, CB
4. Keon Hatcher, WR
5. Fadol Brown, DL

I like Cioffi, Harris and Zamorah as well

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed LB Najee Harris from Wagner College, he was in on a tryout and impressed. Here's a quick scouting report and highlights.

Quote:
...Enter, LB Najee Harris, from little known Wagner college. The 6’1, 240 lbs, prospect is a rising star amongst prospects and scouts alike. Built like a middle linebacker with the speed of a safety, Harris shows plenty of range on tape, as he can stay in the box and stop the run, and cover tight ends, wideouts, and running backs easily.

With 158 tackles, 4 interceptions, and a forced fumble, Harris has the skill set to be an every down LB. To go along with his speed, he carries the strength to be an ILB and is capable of keeping blocks off of his body. With great vision in the run game and laser like focus, he is a missile when diagnosing plays and chasing the offense.

When watching the tape and looking at his playmaking ability, Harris kind of reminds you of a Philadelphia legend, Brian Dawkins (His favorite player). Now I am not saying he will be Dawkins, no one will. What I am saying is he has the pure talent, speed and skill set to be a true difference maker for the birds, and could be an amazing mixture of LB/S.

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2017/04/18/draft-9/

https://youtu.be/F4XMMeTxdXg
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also signed:

DL LaTroy Lewis, Tennessee & DL Chris Casher, FSU/Faulkner Following impressive tryouts
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
We also signed:

DL LaTroy Lewis, Tennessee & DL Chris Casher, FSU/Faulkner Following impressive tryouts

Interesting article about Casher. Seems he was a blue chip DE recruit that was best friends with Winston thru their colleges years. Had a few run ins with trouble that were all minor and also involved Winston. Transferred out to Faulkner in his senior yr for academic reasons it is believed. Had a few knee issues as well. He may be a solid add.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/07/mobiles_chris_casher_former_5-.html

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: