Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I am excited for Isaiah Ford pick #237

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: I am excited for Isaiah Ford pick #237 Reply with quote

I am excited Miami picked Isaiah Ford today. He is the hometown Tech guy I have been watching the last 3 years and he is a great kid that gets the game.
I hope he makes the team and I feel he will develop into a very good receiver if he gets the chance.
This sort of tells me what I have been hearing and that is that Leonte Carroo is having trouble getting up to speed with the NFL passing game. I would love to see Ford become Miami's #4 receiver and I think with some strengthening physically and a chance to earn the spot it will happen.
Russ57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet many here consider it a wasted pick. I see it as a clear cut case of picking BPA. If he had timed a little better he might have gone in the 3rd or 4th round. His numbers say it all. He can play ball!

Hard to say if we can retain Landry. Parker might never be what we all hope for. In any case it is smart to always have a possible replacement for any possible high dollar player once their rookie contract is up.

That is why I am totally down with the two DT's we grabbed as well.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watch the tape folks. Great pick for a 7th rounder.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what skillset they value more making final cuts between Ford / Grant / Carroo. It seems extremely unlikely all three make the roster. There's Rashawn Scott as well. A maximum of three of these guys will make the roster, maybe only two.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what skillset they value more making final cuts between Ford / Grant / Carroo. It seems extremely unlikely all three make the roster. There's Rashawn Scott as well. A maximum of three of these guys will make the roster, maybe only two.

One or two can be stashed on the practice squad as well. IF seems like a very close comparison to Brian Hartline. A WR with moves, but just doesn't have the blazing speed you look for. WR's like this work really well with QB's that have great timing and can throw them open. RT hasn't shown that ability yet, so he may not be the best fit in Miami.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: