Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Devin Smith has a torn ACL (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Taking 2 WRs makes a lot of sense now

which is why Macc getting bashed for the pick made very little sense in the first place.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
jamax99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr.s Are a lot easier to replace, There is always a veteran or two. , avl. In free agency. Especially after draft. But corners are a different story. This draft had a lot good talent in 2-3 rd. that we could have picked. I would have been fine with corner in second and third round. You can always find #3 wideouts. Devin smith carrier as a jet is over.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I like the receiver picks more but that trading of our 3rd round comp pick was the most horrendous move in the draft. We could of had Perine and still taken everyone else. Just like Idzik failed to get WRs in a brilliant class, Mac failed to get CBs and an RB in the same type of class. I get following your board and getting more picks but he litterally collected 6s when most GMs collect 2s 3s and 4s.

Eh, the Jets won't be contenders in the life time of a RB we pick up this draft. The Jets are still 3ish years away from making a serious playoff run.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

NewAge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
I like the receiver picks more but that trading of our 3rd round comp pick was the most horrendous move in the draft. We could of had Perine and still taken everyone else. Just like Idzik failed to get WRs in a brilliant class, Mac failed to get CBs and an RB in the same type of class. I get following your board and getting more picks but he litterally collected 6s when most GMs collect 2s 3s and 4s.

Eh, the Jets won't be contenders in the life time of a RB we pick up this draft. The Jets are still 3ish years away from making a serious playoff run.

It's hard to say any team will be bad for THAT long in this sport but yeah. Ride with Powell and add some lottery tickets like McGuire until you need that last piece.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

It's hard to say any team will be bad for THAT long in this sport but yeah. Ride with Powell and add some lottery tickets like McGuire until you need that last piece.

Not really. Jets don't have a QB, line isn't great, and defense is young. Pretty easy to tell that the Jets will be at the cellar of the AFCEast for 3-5 years.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

NewAge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
NewAge wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Not really. Jets don't have a QB, line isn't great, and defense is young. Pretty easy to tell that the Jets will be at the cellar of the AFCEast for 3-5 years.

Still, careers and contracts are really short in this league. Rebuilds are shorter and less fluid than in other sports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: