Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agent Pick-Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lo wrote:
JayWood2010 wrote:
Im curious about Corey Clement. Will he find playing time being the only powerback on the roster.

The more I think about it, it appears Clement will have a decent shot to make this team. The Eagles gave him the second most gtd. money of all udfa's (fwiw only like 40k). Ryan Mathews apparently will be cut when he passes a physical. Terrell Watson looks like the only other competition at the moment. Barring a trade, the Eagles likely won't have a true no. 1 RB this year. The good thing is that teams shouldn't be able to stack the box as often with the WR additions the Eagles have made.

Watson just got cut - that can only help Clement (though I still don't think he makes the team).
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
Im curious about Corey Clement. Will he find playing time being the only powerback on the roster.

I wouldn't classify him as a powerback
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clement cant fight his way out of hallway against some skinny rail thin college kids, how he is going to move a pile in the NFL? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
D-Lo wrote:
JayWood2010 wrote:

The more I think about it, it appears Clement will have a decent shot to make this team. The Eagles gave him the second most gtd. money of all udfa's (fwiw only like 40k). Ryan Mathews apparently will be cut when he passes a physical. Terrell Watson looks like the only other competition at the moment. Barring a trade, the Eagles likely won't have a true no. 1 RB this year. The good thing is that teams shouldn't be able to stack the box as often with the WR additions the Eagles have made.

Watson just got cut - that can only help Clement (though I still don't think he makes the team).

Oh didn't see Watson got cut. That helps Clements chances because he's about to be the only RB over 210 lbs on the squad. He's the closest thing we have to a power back. I'm thinking the Eagles will either make a trade and/or be active on the waiver wire once teams cut down to 53 players.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
JayWood2010 wrote:

a little bit?

Been watching this morning, he breaks tackles, actually has a good stiff arm but hes got that bounce it outside or off the tackle aspect to his game to and turn it up and will avoid tackles to get to the edge.

Kinda reminds me of Tony Hunt actually Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
JayWood2010 wrote:

a little bit?

Been watching this morning, he breaks tackles, actually has a good stiff arm but hes got that bounce it outside or off the tackle aspect to his game to and turn it up and will avoid tackles to get to the edge.

Kinda reminds me of Tony Hunt actually Laughing

Laughing
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Clement, but obviously there are some problems there given he wasn't drafted. Some say he gave up on the 2015 season so we'll see if he has the drive to be successful. I don't know if he has enough burst to play at the pro level, but I'm not one to count someone out at this point.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2017/5/8/15585776/eagles-charles-walker-defensive-tackle-mel-kiper-first-round-pick-oklahoma-undrafted-free-agency-nfl

Looks like we signed DT Charles Walker from Oklahoma
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2017/5/8/15585776/eagles-charles-walker-defensive-tackle-mel-kiper-first-round-pick-oklahoma-undrafted-free-agency-nfl

That's a nice signing if he can stay motivated and non-concussed. He's basically a lazy as hell Kawann Short from a talent perspective.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Orlosky, Jerod Evans, Cameron Johnston, Marcus Oliver, Charles Walker, and Clement (post RMat cut) all have decent shots of making the roster. Billy Brown too.
Orlosky, Johnston, Oliver and Walker have starter potential if they can reach their ceilings. Evans, Brown, and Clement are likely average backups at best.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

That's a nice signing if he can stay motivated and non-concussed. He's basically a lazy as hell Kawann Short from a talent perspective.

Yeah, its a good risk.

He apparently quit Oklahoma football to focus on the draft, because of his daughter or that's what he claims at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGXepXZHZ0I
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:

Yeah, its a good risk.

He apparently quit Oklahoma football to focus on the draft, because of his daughter or that's what he claims at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGXepXZHZ0I

I wonder what took him so long to sign with a team......

Anyway, if you can get someone that talented as a UDFA, there is no downside. He's got a good shot to make the team especially if Beau goes on PUP

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles Walker has battled w/ depression

Oklahoma DL Charles Walker has been taking Prozac to treat a depression diagnosis.

"I am excited and anxious to get back on the football field because now that my Depression is under control with the medication that I am taking," Walker wrote in a letter to NFL teams. He also struggled with concussion concerns during his time at Oklahoma before leaving the team this past October to begin his draft prep. At least on that front, he has been medically cleared. Walker's doctor, Ashley Benjamin, also contributed to the aforementioned letter, writing that "based on my military, coaching, and sport psychiatry backgrounds, I believe that Mr. Walker's depression is currently in full remission and is not a limitation for NFL-level competition." Walker is a probable late Day 2/Day 3 selection for this weekend's draft.

Gonna be rooting for the guy.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Walker a changed man thanks to depression diagnosis
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA -- Oklahoma defensive tackle Charles Walker has battled depression his entire life. He just didn't know it until he left school and declared for the NFL Draft.

This is according to letters from Walker and his doctor, Ashley Benjamin, MD, recently sent to teams. Benjamin wrote, "based on my military, coaching, and sport psychiatry backgrounds, I believe that Mr. Walker's depression is currently in full remission and is not a limitation for NFL-level competition."

Walker has been on the phone, telling teams he is a changed man thanks to the diagnosis.

Walker exited Oklahoma amid some controversy, immediately declaring for the draft in November and drawing criticism from coach Bob Stoops. He is considered a mid-round pick.

He reportedly battled concussions in his final season, though doctors now think some of the symptoms believed to be concussion-related were actually from depression.

Walker has been taking low-dose medication for his ailment, writing to teams to let them know how different his life has become.

"I am excited and anxious to get back on the football field because now that my Depression is under control with the medication (Prozac) that I am taking," Walker wrote. "I have never been more HUNGRY to get back after it. To strap up my pads and leave it all on the field. Play in and Play out."

Walker told teams he thinks he's suffered from depression for years. He was evaluated by Benjamin on Dec. 21 as part of a peak-performance screening done with all athletes at his training facility. He had three follow-up exams.

"Overall, he described improved mood, no anhedonia or loss of interest or motivation problems," Benjamin said. "In addition, he felt the medication improves his sleep, appetite, and concentration, memory and focus."

Walker reported no side effects and said the medication has helped him on the field.

"As a former Air Force and current sport psychiatrist, as well as a former collegiate track and field coach with an M.A. in Exercise Science, I understand the impact that untreated depression can have on performance," Benjamin wrote. "I also appreciate the bias that exists against antidepressants. Many athletes perform on anti-anxiety and concentration sustaining medications."

In his letter, Walker told teams he is not a quitter, has never been in trouble, and will never be a distraction. But mostly, he wanted to inform teams of his recent discovery: "I am ready, committed and hungry."

Here is the full article.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by TheRealMcCoy on Mon May 08, 2017 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: