Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Undrafted Free Agent Pick-Up Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Jlash wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
Well considering his agent just told me he's 305, I think I'll take that info.

Here we go with this [inappropriate/removed] again.

Honestly knew that was going to be the answer. So despite never being listed above 300 anywhere, including school rosters which are known to inflate things, and with size being one of his biggest knocks he shows up to the combine under 300, his agent is taking his weight on a daily basis, he's magically over 300 and has relayed that info to you. Nice.

What a weird relationship with your girlfriend's dad too... Like, who sits around talking to their girlfriends dad? Let alone about something as miniscule as an undrafted centers weight? Laughing

Laughing ...just silly.

The weight of undrafted free agent centers is literally all me and my father in law talk about..... Laughing

If my daughters boyfriend started to randomly ask me(first why the hell is the kid trying to talk me anyway) about the weights of random dudes I work with that would bring up some serious concerns for me. Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

I wouldn't mind. I'd rather him talking about some dude's body than hers..... Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
^

I wouldn't mind. I'd rather him talking about some dude's body than hers..... Laughing
True.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we signed Jerod Evans
Quote:

If it hasn't been reported yet: Former #Hokies QB Jerod Evans signed with the #Eagles. Did shortly after the draft. Upside developmental QB
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

If it hasn't been reported yet: Former #Hokies QB Jerod Evans signed with the #Eagles. Did shortly after the draft. Upside developmental QB

Practice squad
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Practice squad

Is it just for rookie camps? Seems like we do that every year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Practice squad

How can he not compete with Matt McGloin doe?

Matt McGloin a Eagle just has that "who let this guy in the building?" feeling.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Practice squad

We signed Dakota Prukop to a rookie camp deal, seems like we signed Evans as a priority UDFA.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Practice squad

We signed Dakota Prukop to a rookie camp deal, seems like we signed Evans as a priority UDFA.

Whats the difference between a priority UDFA or a preferred UDFA (Orlosky) and a regular one?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Practice squad

Whats the difference between a priority UDFA or a preferred UDFA (Orlosky) and a regular one?

This article has a decent description

Quote:
Of course, there are some financial differences. There's a modest amount of guaranteed money invested in an undrafted free agent, while a tryout player isn't guaranteed anything.

Quote:
"The main difference is if you're an undrafted free agent, you sign your contract immediately," the agent said. "If you're getting invited for a tryout, you're not signing a contract. You're basically going out there with a two- or thee-day tryout and then they decide out of this pool of 15 or 20 guys they brought in, 'OK, we're going to sign this one or that one.' Then at that point, (tryout players) sign their contract as an undrafted free agent."

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Quote:
Of course, there are some financial differences. There's a modest amount of guaranteed money invested in an undrafted free agent, while a tryout player isn't guaranteed anything.

Quote:
"The main difference is if you're an undrafted free agent, you sign your contract immediately," the agent said. "If you're getting invited for a tryout, you're not signing a contract. You're basically going out there with a two- or thee-day tryout and then they decide out of this pool of 15 or 20 guys they brought in, 'OK, we're going to sign this one or that one.' Then at that point, (tryout players) sign their contract as an undrafted free agent."

The article mostly talked about a UDFA who is signed vs a tryout which seems fairly straightforward. That said there have been terms like "Priority" or "Preferred" tossed on with the UDFA tag.

Based on this article i'm guessing there is a monetary difference?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The article mostly talked about a UDFA who is signed vs a tryout which seems fairly straightforward. That said there have been terms like "Priority" or "Preferred" tossed on with the UDFA tag.

Based on this article i'm guessing there is a monetary difference?

I assumed priority and preferred were the same.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im curious about Corey Clement. Will he find playing time being the only powerback on the roster.
Daimonas

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Jlash wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Jlash wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
Well considering his agent just told me he's 305, I think I'll take that info.

Here we go with this [inappropriate/removed] again.

Honestly knew that was going to be the answer. So despite never being listed above 300 anywhere, including school rosters which are known to inflate things, and with size being one of his biggest knocks he shows up to the combine under 300, his agent is taking his weight on a daily basis, he's magically over 300 and has relayed that info to you. Nice.

What a weird relationship with your girlfriend's dad too... Like, who sits around talking to their girlfriends dad? Let alone about something as miniscule as an undrafted centers weight? Laughing

Laughing ...just silly.

Haha, yea it's probably normal when you're an agent though.

"Hey Jeff, what's Tyler weighing these days?"

"Well Don, I'm happy to report that despite being labeled 'small' most of his career, doing nothing in particular to change that for the biggest interview of his life, he decided to wait until the draft to gain 8-10 lbs, so we're all good."

That's how I picture it going.

Am I close Don?
Y'all are just jealous I'm the most plugged in poster in this entire forum, and get to chill with athletes you sit on your couch watching on sundays lol. I asked him who all he had for his agency this year, and he told me. Once Orlosky was mentioned, I figured I'd ask his weight since I'm sick of having an undersized center. Like I said before, I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm just relaying Eagles-related info from a pretty legitimate source. Sorry for trying to contribute to the discussion. My name's not Don btw.
Idk, man. I hang out with Jerry rice and Randy Moss on the daily. Still dodging calls from Michael Jordan tho.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
Im curious about Corey Clement. Will he find playing time being the only powerback on the roster.

The more I think about it, it appears Clement will have a decent shot to make this team. The Eagles gave him the second most gtd. money of all udfa's (fwiw only like 40k). Ryan Mathews apparently will be cut when he passes a physical. Terrell Watson looks like the only other competition at the moment. Barring a trade, the Eagles likely won't have a true no. 1 RB this year. The good thing is that teams shouldn't be able to stack the box as often with the WR additions the Eagles have made.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: