Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars select Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick #222 overall
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Jaguars select Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick #222 overall Reply with quote

We like those Golden Gophers CBs

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Last edited by Adrenaline_Flux on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed speed speed

DeDe

Grant

Myrick

Special teams should be pretty good this year.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jalen Myrick, cornerback

Career stats

47 games, 93 tackles, 5 interceptions, 26 passes defensed, 1,052 kickoff return yards, 3 total touchdowns

Notable

Myrick, a four-year player and two-year starter from Bloomingdale, Ga., is known for his kick returns (24.5-yard average) almost as much as his defense. He was initially looked at as just another middle-round pick that could possibly contribute to a NFL team.

Then the Pro Day happened. If you missed it, Myrick ran the fastest 40-yard dash time for a Big Ten player . . . ever. He clocked in at 4.28 seconds, good for the second-fastest time at the combine.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/projecting-where-minnesota-gophers-could-go-in-2017-nfl-draft-042717

Speed, speed, speed.

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that he tackles people. That's a good thing to do.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eugene Frenette‏
@GeneFrenette

Follow
More
#Jaguars 7th-round pick Jalen Myrick overcome with tears of joy on media conference call with Jax media. Expected to go rds. 3-5 #Jagsdraft

El Ramster on the sig
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Jalen Myrick, cornerback

Career stats

47 games, 93 tackles, 5 interceptions, 26 passes defensed, 1,052 kickoff return yards, 3 total touchdowns

Notable

Myrick, a four-year player and two-year starter from Bloomingdale, Ga., is known for his kick returns (24.5-yard average) almost as much as his defense. He was initially looked at as just another middle-round pick that could possibly contribute to a NFL team.

Then the Pro Day happened. If you missed it, Myrick ran the fastest 40-yard dash time for a Big Ten player . . . ever. He clocked in at 4.28 seconds, good for the second-fastest time at the combine.

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/projecting-where-minnesota-gophers-could-go-in-2017-nfl-draft-042717

Speed, speed, speed.

Really needed someone with return skills too. Our search for a guy last year wasn't super fruitful. So that's really nice "value added" in a late round guy. Should really help him make the roster.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Eugene Frenette‏
@GeneFrenette

Follow
More
#Jaguars 7th-round pick Jalen Myrick overcome with tears of joy on media conference call with Jax media. Expected to go rds. 3-5 #Jagsdraft

So why the fall?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Eugene Frenette‏
@GeneFrenette

Follow
More

So why the fall?

Deep class when it comes to corners. I mean the guy is undersized so some may not like the fit in their defense. Shade under 5'10".

El Ramster on the sig
Jags

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like speed. I really like speed. I hope he can come in and contribute to ST immediately and slowly work his role in as a dime corner.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Eugene Frenette‏
@GeneFrenette

Follow
More

So why the fall?

Kids are getting bigger and teams want tall corners.. small corners are getting phased out.
VLoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justis broke down the GB tendencies and he's said multiple times that CBs under 5...I wanna say10? CBs under 5'10 are automatically off the board and there are multiple branches off the Wolf tree in the NFL, so that's a decent chunk of teams who didn't even deem him draftable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
Justis broke down the GB tendencies and he's said multiple times that CBs under 5...I wanna say10? CBs under 5'10 are automatically off the board and there are multiple branches off the Wolf tree in the NFL, so that's a decent chunk of teams who didn't even deem him draftable.

Its not a bad tree to be under though. I'm not crazy about short DBs either. He may be fast but he is much shorter than a ton of WRs. I guess if he's in the slot it wont be much of a disadvantage though

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Its not a bad tree to be under though. I'm not crazy about short DBs either. He may be fast but he is much shorter than a ton of WRs. I guess if he's in the slot it won't be much of a disadvantage though

Not really if he had to go against a team that uses a receiver like Brandon Marshall in the slot, he would be lunch meat. He would have to be Jason Verrett who is super athletic with a huge vert. I haven't watched a lot of tape on him but what I see so far he is willing to be physical but his field awareness is not that good.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
VLoo wrote:

Its not a bad tree to be under though. I'm not crazy about short DBs either. He may be fast but he is much shorter than a ton of WRs. I guess if he's in the slot it wont be much of a disadvantage though

As a former short DB myself, i want to cheer for these guys, but yeah...it's tough sledding. But at the same time...this guy has tons of speed, both raw speed and playing speed. And he doesn't afraid of nobody. He tackles.

I think the LBers we have in Telvin, Jack really help in this regard. It relieves a lot less pressure on a nickel. We've got LBers who can run with those "matchup nightmare" TEs and jumbo slot receivers. You don't have to match a slot corner on a matchup guy inside. If that's the look they show, do it up.

Plus, he's realistically a dime guy at most anyway. Find the matchup for him with his speed and lack of size, and go to it. He'll stick his nose in there, and he has the speed and twitch to stick with the guys he'll need to. Assuming our coaches and coordinators can get the right guys on the field at the right times, and our defensive leaders can get the alignments right.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to love this kid based on what they talked about in the pressers. Had a much higher grade on him, he'll battle it out with Colvin and be used as a gunner and fight for a return man job. Caldwell says he could develop into a FS for us as well.

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: