Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 6.15 (199) C Chase Rollier, Wyoming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
If you have any talent you go to a state that doesn't have more horses than humans. Waste of a pick, guaranteed bust

Then whats Kaayas reason for being a guaranteed bust?

"If you have any talent you go to a state that doesn't have more oranges than humans."

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
If you have any talent you go to a state that doesn't have more horses than humans. Waste of a pick, guaranteed bust

"If you have any talent you go to a state that doesn't have more oranges than humans."

Whoa, Florida schools have produced their fair share of hall of famers, and being an FSU fan I hate to admit, Miami might be the best school in the state at producing nfl talent. At least before the whole booster scandal.

Props to Mike23md
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

His stone feet.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Kory retired and John Sullivan is a Charger. We only have one center on the roster. Center was a huge need!

1. I would have rather focused on upgrading the starting left guard position as opposed to the backup center.
2. There were better options available at center when we took this kid.
Lauvao isn't great, but he's a passable starter at LG and we have Kouandijo already as a reserve guard. A reserve Center was clearly a bigger need. And unless we were going to take a guard in round 1 or 2 in this draft, I don't think we would have found a starting guard day 1 in this draft.

This is Lauvao's last year under contract, and Kouandjio's entering his 3rd of 4 (and hasn't really shown much to date). Saying that we had a bigger need for a backup center is kind of silly. You can find UDFA centers.

However, given that we screwed the pooch in the 4th round and panicked in the 5th, we kind of forced our hand here in the 6th.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Kory retired and John Sullivan is a Charger. We only have one center on the roster. Center was a huge need!

1. I would have rather focused on upgrading the starting left guard position as opposed to the backup center.

Lauvao isn't great, but he's a passable starter at LG and we have Kouandijo already as a reserve guard. A reserve Center was clearly a bigger need. And unless we were going to take a guard in round 1 or 2 in this draft, I don't think we would have found a starting guard day 1 in this draft.

This is Lauvao's last year under contract, and Kouandjio's entering his 3rd of 4 (and hasn't really shown much to date). Saying that we had a bigger need for a backup center is kind of silly. You can find UDFA centers.

However, given that we screwed the pooch in the 4th round and panicked in the 5th, we kind of forced our hand here in the 6th.
Wait, before we drafted Rollier we didn't have a reliable back up center on the roster, now, we believe we do. Also, Rollier has played guard as well. Unlike other prospects, Rollier can play both C & G.

We didn't screw the pooch when we drafted Perine & Nicholson because Perine is a good running back and he fills a major need. Nicholson has a ton of potential as a safety and we also needed depth behind Cravens.

I find it very hard to be such a stickler over these picks.... Rolling Eyes

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

the frightening things is this guy makes Frankenstein (Lauvea) look athletically gifted
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

the frightening things is this guy makes Frankenstein (Lauvao) look athletically gifted
Are you just looking at his 40 time?

And why does that matter for an interior OL in a man blocking scheme?

Here is the bottom line:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chase-roullier?id=2558037

Quote:
PICK ANALYSIS:

The Redskins could use some competition in their interior offensive line. Roullier is a very good value here as he can kick to guard if needed and has proven to be an impact run blocker with the necessary skills to pass protect as a starter. --Mark Dulgerian

Strengths

Thick lower body with big calves and thighs. Body is built to anchor. Well-schooled and technically sound. Dips and strikes opponent with upward blow from his hips at point of attack. Bends better than expected and unlocks his leverage potential. Gritty worker who uses body control and hand strength to sustain blocks. Generates momentum into down blocks and fork-lifts defensive tackles off their spots. Good power as drive blocker, but functional in space as well. Has starting experience at both guard and center. Plays to and after whistle. Physical and tough.

Draft Projection: Round 5-6

"I took a quick peek at him and he's interesting because he finds ways to stay on top of his blocks. That's hard for short arm guys to do but he does a pretty good job of it. I guess we'll find out more about him at the Shrine (Game) practices." - NFC offensive line coach

Bottom Line

Lack of length will hurt his cause for some teams, but his ability to handle both guard and center duties should add to his overall draft standing. Roullier is a power-based run-blocker who plays with good leg drive and leverage to open running lanes. He could struggle to handle athletic interior linemen, but should still appeal to teams looking for a scheme flexible, power player in the later rounds.

He has some weaknesses like his short arms and he will need to improve his balance on pass blocking but he's an interior OL in a man blocking scheme, those aren't huge issues and they are areas that he can improve upon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Whoa, Florida schools have produced their fair share of hall of famers, and being an FSU fan I hate to admit, Miami might be the best school in the state at producing nfl talent. At least before the whole booster scandal.

Next years no.1 pick will be from Wyoming.
And is probably a better prospect than Wentz was coming from his "More horses than people" state.
So just wondering what location has to do with it.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
seantaylorfan21 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Next years no.1 pick will be from Wyoming. And is probably a better prospect than Wentz was coming from his "More horses than people" state.

So just wondering what location has to do with it.
Well, he may not go #1 because of Sam Darnold but yes, he's a far better prospect than Brad Kaya or any qb prospect that Miami has put out since Testeverde! Laughing

Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Wait, before we drafted Rollier we didn't have a reliable back up center on the roster, now, we believe we do. Also, Rollier has played guard as well. Unlike other prospects, Rollier can play both C & G.

Do we know we have a reliable backup center now?

Quote:
We didn't screw the pooch when we drafted Perine & Nicholson because Perine is a good running back and he fills a major need.

At the expense of a greater need that could have been filled with superior talent.

Quote:
Nicholson has a ton of potential as a safety and we also needed depth behind Cravens.

So ... we drafted a guy at a position just to draft a guy at a position?

Actually, now that I think about it, we did that twice in the 4th.

Quote:
I find it very hard to be such a stickler over these picks.... Rolling Eyes

I find it odd that you are having a tough time understanding relative draft value.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

the frightening things is this guy makes Frankenstein (Lauvao) look athletically gifted

Here is the bottom line:

Quote:
PICK ANALYSIS:

The Redskins could use some competition in their interior offensive line. Roullier is a very good value here as he can kick to guard if needed and has proven to be an impact run blocker with the necessary skills to pass protect as a starter. --Mark Dulgerian

Strengths

Thick lower body with big calves and thighs. Body is built to anchor. Well-schooled and technically sound. Dips and strikes opponent with upward blow from his hips at point of attack. Bends better than expected and unlocks his leverage potential. Gritty worker who uses body control and hand strength to sustain blocks. Generates momentum into down blocks and fork-lifts defensive tackles off their spots. Good power as drive blocker, but functional in space as well. Has starting experience at both guard and center. Plays to and after whistle. Physical and tough.

"I took a quick peek at him and he's interesting because he finds ways to stay on top of his blocks. That's hard for short arm guys to do but he does a pretty good job of it. I guess we'll find out more about him at the Shrine (Game) practices." - NFC offensive line coach

Bottom Line

Lack of length will hurt his cause for some teams, but his ability to handle both guard and center duties should add to his overall draft standing. Roullier is a power-based run-blocker who plays with good leg drive and leverage to open running lanes. He could struggle to handle athletic interior linemen, but should still appeal to teams looking for a scheme flexible, power player in the later rounds.

He has some weaknesses like his short arms and he will need to improve his balance on pass blocking but he's an interior OL in a man blocking scheme, those aren't huge issues and they are areas that he can improve upon.

Did ... did you just extract the entire draft profile from "some mock drafters?" Just trying to figure out when and where someone can use NFL.com's evaluation of prospects.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Here is the bottom line:

Quote:
PICK ANALYSIS:

Strengths

Bottom Line

Did ... did you just extract the entire draft profile from "some mock drafters?" Just trying to figure out when and where someone can use NFL.com's evaluation of prospects.
It's all opinion. It's not like this is some exact science in any way. I've just seen a lot of Perine and Nicholson, I've seen them play well. I don't think they are bad selections in the mid round.

We not only took a position of need with these mid and late round selections, we took guys that were good prospects.

It's funny you bring up need, when that's the reason you wanted Johnson too.

Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Well, yes.

Taking Dorian Johnson over Samaje Perine would have been taking better value AND bigger need. Taking Samaje Perine or Marlon Mack over Montae Nicholson would also have been taking better value AND bigger need.

Keep in mind, in a draft that broke the record for the most in-draft traded picks at 38, Chase Roullier was the ONLY person the Redskins traded for and they traded up for this kid.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Well, yes.

Taking Dorian Johnson over Samaje Perine would have been taking better value AND bigger need. Taking Samaje Perine or Marlon Mack over Montae Nicholson would also have been taking better value AND bigger need.

Keep in mind, in a draft that broke the record for the most in-draft traded picks at 38, Chase Roullier was the ONLY person the Redskins traded for and they traded up for this kid.
Maybe Perine doesn't last until Nicholson's pick and they obviously liked Perine. I think he's a better version of Morris & Kelley.

They must have liked Roullier and thought someone else would draft him before their 6th round pick and for good reason from what I've seen of him and read about him.

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems PFF really likes this guy and feels hes our long term answer at center for the future.

Good article here.
http://www.redskins.com/news/blog/article-1/Pro-Football-Focus-Believes-Chase-Roullier-Will-Become-An-NFL-Starter/e0b3bf9e-4b1b-44b6-b545-726911acd700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: