Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 6.15 (199) C Chase Rollier, Wyoming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: 2017 6.15 (199) C Chase Rollier, Wyoming Reply with quote

6'4" 312 so I love the pure size at the pivot. Two time team captain and played some guard so I guess this this is the interior guy we were hoping for. Espn claims his short arms and lack of upper body strength limits his ceiling to effective backup not full time starter. Practice squad at best???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any talent you go to a state that doesn't have more horses than humans. Waste of a pick, guaranteed bust

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roullier is a good player. I bet he ends up starting for y'all and plays well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he will become a solid back up which isn't a bad thing

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(for more information on my aggregate list see: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21502742#21502742 )

6.15 (199): Chase Rouiller, C from Wyoming; 130th overall with 286.0 aggregate (83.02 std. dev; CBS = 336, DT = 353, NFL.com = 169)

Where to start? We finally decide to upgrade the offensive line. Except, we take a center (where Long has played decently) instead of a guard (to upgrade Lauvao). Also, we take the fourth best available center. Not the fourth best available at the start of Day 3, but the fourth best available at the time of the selection (Tyler Orlosky, 145.3 / 65.1; Kyle Fuller, 149.7 / 38.42; and Cameron Tom 281.0 / 135.06 (NFL.com had him ranked at 472nd, which is why both his average and std dev are so high)).

Oh, and we traded UP for this guy. What the heck??

Other options that would have been better: Hodges, Qualls, Isaiah Ford (WR, 138.7 / 17.21), Jessamen Dunker (G, 143.7 / 24.25), or Orlosky. All of these guys would have been better picks in terms of value, and Qualls and Dunker would have been better for need.

Swing and a miss.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
(for more information on my aggregate list see: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21502742#21502742 )

6.15 (199): Chase Rouiller, C from Wyoming; 130th overall with 286.0 aggregate (83.02 std. dev; CBS = 336, DT = 353, NFL.com = 169)

Where to start? We finally decide to upgrade the offensive line. Except, we take a center (where Long has played decently) instead of a guard (to upgrade Lauvao). Also, we take the fourth best available center. Not the fourth best available at the start of Day 3, but the fourth best available at the time of the selection (Tyler Orlosky, 145.3 / 65.1; Kyle Fuller, 149.7 / 38.42; and Cameron Tom 281.0 / 135.06 (NFL.com had him ranked at 472nd, which is why both his average and std dev are so high)).

Other options that would have been better: Hodges, Qualls, Isaiah Ford (WR, 138.7 / 17.21), Jessamen Dunker (G, 143.7 / 24.25), or Orlosky. All of these guys would have been better picks in terms of value, and Qualls and Dunker would have been better for need.

Swing and a miss.
Meh, I feel like once you get in the 6th its just a total crapshoot. Sounds like this kid can play Center and Guard, which is exactly what we needed. A versatile interior Oline backup. He'll be able to backup both Spencer Long and Brandon Scherff. I think this was a pretty good pick.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Swing and a miss.
Meh, I feel like once you get in the 6th its just a total crapshoot. Sounds like this kid can play Center and Guard, which is exactly what we needed. A versatile interior Oline backup. He'll be able to backup both Spencer Long and Brandon Scherff. I think this was a pretty good pick.

I get the crapshoot perspective. But why take a guy is considered a lesser prospect? Why not try to maximize your chances that your shot actually pays off?

There were other, better backups to be had.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Swing and a miss.

I get the crapshoot perspective. But why take a guy is considered a lesser prospect? Why not try to maximize your chances that your shot actually pays off?

Let's just say I'm hoping this is a guy McCloughan scouted and wanted and so we went after him.

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Swing and a miss.

Let's just say I'm hoping this is a guy McCloughan scouted and wanted and so we went after him.

Maybe so ... but I would have hoped they would have focused on getting a true guard instead of a "well, he might fit in multiple spots." Oh well.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kory retired and John Sullivan is a Charger. We only have one center on the roster. Center was a huge need!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Kory retired and John Sullivan is a Charger. We only have one center on the roster. Center was a huge need!

1. I would have rather focused on upgrading the starting left guard position as opposed to the backup center.
2. There were better options available at center when we took this kid.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Swing and a miss.

Maybe so ... but I would have hoped they would have focused on getting a true guard instead of a "well, he might fit in multiple spots." Oh well.
Seeing as how we have the highest paid LT in football, the 2nd highest paid RT in football, and will need to extend Scherff to a hefty amount I expect Spencer Long will be leaving us after this year. I think you could argue Center was a huge need (and likely still will be).

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Seeing as how we have the highest paid LT in football, the 2nd highest paid RT in football, and will need to extend Scherff to a hefty amount I expect Spencer Long will be leaving us after this year. I think you could argue Center was a huge need (and likely still will be).

1. You have a point.
2. I don't think we solved the center problem so taking him means we have a guy?
3. But think on how much money we'll save when we aren't paying for Kirk Cousins! Oh ... wait ...

EDIT: https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/ol/
If we wanted to roll the dice on a guy, Cameron Tom (4th amongst OL) might have been the better call (Roullier came in 129th).
TKellion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if he claims the starting OC and pushes Long to LG?All the analasis I heard said he was perfect for the power run scheme.I am quietly optimistic Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

1. I would have rather focused on upgrading the starting left guard position as opposed to the backup center.
2. There were better options available at center when we took this kid.
Lauvao isn't great, but he's a passable starter at LG and we have Kouandijo already as a reserve guard. A reserve Center was clearly a bigger need. And unless we were going to take a guard in round 1 or 2 in this draft, I don't think we would have found a starting guard day 1 in this draft.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: