You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 5.10 (154) TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Would have preferred Hodges obviously.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't go that route as well.

Bucky is more or less a huge WR. He offers nothing in the run game! I think they wanted a more traditional inline TE with some ability in the pass game! I have herd Sprinkle compared to Benjamin Watson who has had a decent NFL career.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Bucky is more or less a huge WR. He offers nothing in the run game! I think they wanted a more traditional inline TE with some ability in the pass game! I have herd Sprinkle compared to Benjamin Watson who has had a decent NFL career.

What have you seen from Gruden that tells you we need a TE that offers something in the run game?
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

What have you seen from Gruden that tells you we need a TE that offers something in the run game?

New play caller buddy... according to Cooley Jay ran the ball more then Sean when called plays in Cincinnati!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

New play caller buddy... according to Cooley Jay ran the ball more then Sean when called plays in Cincinnati!

Why do you believe that Gruden, upon leaving Cincinnati, became much more pass happy than he was when he was with the Bengals? You aren't trying to tel me that Sean McVay, a guy who had never been an offensive coordinator prior to his stint here, had THAT much impact, are you?

Also, why do you think Matt Cavanaugh, also a former quarterback, will emphasize the run more than what Gruden and McVady?
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. We are missing the entire point.

Reed
Davis
Sprinkle
Carrier

Goodbye Paul.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Reed
Davis
Sprinkle
Carrier

Goodbye Paul.
And good riddance.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Ever since we lost of Paulsen after 2014 and him getting hurt in 2015, our consistency in the run game - especially short yardage - has gone in the tubes. Drafting a TE who is more a complete TE than any of the one others we have was defintiely the right move. We needed a TE who could block and catch, it's too bad Jake Butt was taken by the Broncos 9 spots before we could draft him but Sprinkle is a good TE who can block well and catch also.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Reed
Davis
Sprinkle
Carrier

Goodbye Paul.
Carrier may be gone also. It just depends on how well Sprinkle plays and how many TEs we end up keeping.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprinkle seems like the kind of guy who would steal a roster spot.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's look at the facts with Jay Gruden and his commitment to the run as a playcaller:

2011: 455 rushes
2012: 430 rushes
2013: 481 rushes
2014: 401 rushes

Sean McVay:

2015: 429 rushes
2016: 379 rushes

So, I think it's fair to say we will have a bit more commitment to running the ball with Gruden calling the plays again, but it won't be vastly different than what we've seen the last two years.

Expect 550 to 600 passing attempts for Kirk Cousins and 425 to 450 rushing attempts between Perine, Thompson and Kelley.

The key and where we have to improve our running game is how the OL & TEs block in short yardage, in the redzone and the goal line. If we are more efficient running the ball in short yardage and in the redzone, we will score more TDs in and win more games. Our running game has to help our passing game put points on the board. If that happens, we will win more games.

Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Let's look at the facts with Jay Gruden and his commitment to the run as a playcaller:

Sean McVay:

So, I think it's fair to say we will have a bit more commitment to running the ball with Gruden calling the plays again, but it won't be vastly different than what we've seen the last two years.

Wait, which is it: we will dedicate more to the run or it will be like the last two years?

Quote:
Expect 550 to 600 passing attempts for Kirk Cousins and 425 to 450 rushing attempts between Perine, Thompson and Kelley.

NFL Offenses led by Gruden
Code:
Year    Team    Pass    Rush    Pass%
2011    CIN     535     455     54.0%
2012    CIN     540     430     55.7%
2013    CIN     587     481     55.0%
2014    WAS     547     401     57.7%
2015    WAS     555     429     56.4%
2016    WAS     607     379     61.6%

You're expecting him to revert back to his lowest ratio.

Quote:
The key and where we have to improve our running game is how the OL & TEs block in short yardage, in the redzone and the goal line. If we are more efficient running the ball in short yardage and in the redzone, we will score more TDs in and win more games. Our running game has to help our passing game put points on the board. If that happens, we will win more games.

Dorian ... Johnson ... clap clap clapclapclap

oh wait ...

Last edited by Woz on Sun May 07, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sean McVay:

Wait, which is it: we will dedicate more to the run or it will be like the last two years?

Quote:

NFL Offenses led by Gruden
Code:
Year    Team    Pass    Rush    Pass%
2011    CIN     535     455     54.0%
2012    CIN     540     430     55.7%
2013    CIN     587     481     55.0%
2014    WAS     547     401     57.7%
2015    WAS     555     429     56.4%
2016    WAS     607     379     61.6%

You're expecting him to revert back to his lowest ratio.

Quote:

oh wait ...
Having our blocking TE will make a difference and man you love you some Dorian Johnson! Man, this guy would have just fixed our whole team if we had drafted him! Jk, jk

Woz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Having our blocking TE will make a difference and man you love you some Dorian Johnson! Man, this guy would have just fixed our whole team if we had drafted him! Jk, jk

Drafting a blocking TE would not make as much a difference as improving the interior OL, especially when you consider most of our short yardage runs are RB dives up the middle.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Drafting a blocking TE would not make as much a difference as improving the interior OL, especially when you consider most of our short yardage runs are RB dives up the middle.
Definitley true, I'm not sold that Johnson is better than what we already have to play LG. I'm glad you think he is but I don't share those beliefs. Lauvao is solid vs the run, he's below average in pass protection. When Kouandijo played last year he played just fine. With another year of development hopefully he's even better this year.

Woz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Definitley true, I'm not sold that Johnson is better than what we already have to play LG. I'm glad you think he is but I don't share those beliefs. Lauvao is solid vs the run, he's below average in pass protection. When Kouandijo played last year he played just fine. With another year of development hopefully he's even better this year.

And I get that. You are loyal (almost to a fault) to the players who are on the roster. You rarely ever consider replacing them outside with new talent, but look to upgrade from the backups behind them. I get it; you like the idea of building from within. I do too. At the same time, I also know when that it just isn't going to work (a guy like Lanier is a great story, but unlikely to be a viable answer).

*shrugs* Maybe Johnson isn't an improvement. I do know that Shawn Lauvao is our worst offensive lineman. Leaving that position unaddressed was a mistake.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: