Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 5.10 (154) TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big44dog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: 2017 5.10 (154) TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas Reply with quote

According to espn. 6'5" 252 big kid that needs to develop his blocking and entire receiving game. To top it off he was arrested for shoplifting before his. Bowl game. McGloughan must have taken his notes from round 5 on lol. This is the project of all projects seemingly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a solid run and pass blocker, perfect third TE Paul and Carrier are gone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of shocked we took him seems like he is practice squad material.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite player that we picked.
He did well playing against SECW defenses. Has the frame to block and help the run game, or scoot out and go up to grab passes.
All our redzone problems over the years. His size and ability to go up for passes seems helpful.

Not expecting instant impact. Couple years working along side Reed and Vernon. I think he could be a player on the team for several years.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(for more information on my aggregate list see: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21502742#21502742 )

5.10 (154): Jeremy Sprinkle, TE from Arkansas; 51st overall with 161.7 aggregate (29.49 std. dev; CBS = 174, DT = 190, NFL.com = 121)

When Sprinkle was selected, he was the best tight end on the board. The problem is that at the beginning of the round, he was the fourth best: Jake Butt (3rd overall, 80.7; 2.05 std. dev) went at 145 to Denver; George Kittle (23rd overall, 128.7; 19.60 std. dev) went at 146 to San Francisco; and Jordan Leggett (16th overall, 113.0; 14.31 std. dev) went at 150 to the NY Jets.

So, this feels like a panic pick. If they truly wanted a tight end, why didn't they pursue a trade up after both Butt and Kittle went off the board? Did the front office lock into the position? Then there's the question of taking Sprinkle when Bucky Hodges (13th best at beginning of Day 3, 4th best at start of round 5, 111.3 w 21.51 std.dev) is on the board. Remember, Sprinkle is the idiot who shoplifted at Belk after getting $450 gift card to spend there.

Even if you don't like Hodges (more athletic but hands are in question), Isaac Asiata was there (a guard, he's 24 but 9th at start of Day 3, 3rd at start of round 5) as were Anthony Walker (ILB, 17th at start, 4th for round 5) and Elijah Qualls (NT, 18th at start, 5th for round 5). Any of those three would have been improvement at positions at need as well as much better value propositions.

Again, the front office got in its own way.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
(for more information on my aggregate list see: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21502742#21502742 )

5.10 (154): Jeremy Sprinkle, TE from Arkansas; 51st overall with 161.7 aggregate (29.49 std. dev; CBS = 174, DT = 190, NFL.com = 121)

When Sprinkle was selected, he was the best tight end on the board. The problem is that at the beginning of the round, he was the fourth best: Jake Butt (3rd overall, 80.7; 2.05 std. dev) went at 145 to Denver; George Kittle (23rd overall, 128.7; 19.60 std. dev) went at 146 to San Francisco; and Jordan Leggett (16th overall, 113.0; 14.31 std. dev) went at 150 to the NY Jets.

So, this feels like a panic pick. If they truly wanted a tight end, why didn't they pursue a trade up after both Butt and Kittle went off the board? Did the front office lock into the position? Then there's the question of taking Sprinkle when Bucky Hodges (13th best at beginning of Day 3, 4th best at start of round 5, 111.3 w 21.51 std.dev) is on the board. Remember, Sprinkle is the idiot who shoplifted at Belk after getting $450 gift card to spend there.

Even if you don't like Hodges (more athletic but hands are in question), Isaac Asiata was there (a guard, he's 24 but 9th at start of Day 3, 3rd at start of round 5) as were Anthony Walker (ILB, 17th at start, 4th for round 5) and Elijah Qualls (NT, 18th at start, 5th for round 5). Any of those three would have been improvement at positions at need as well as much better value propositions.

Here I disagree with you. Sprinkle is the perfect 3rd TE for us. He can develop for a year or so and replace Davis our our primary backup to Reed. He's the blocking TE we haven't had in years. Since we don't have a FB, its essential to have a quality blocking TE on the roster. Sprinkle was a better fit for our need than those other pass catching TEs.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

He was one of the only bright spots against Bama and LSU. The kid showed up against 2 defenses where 90% will be pro players themselves.

Here he is as a wideout for a TD against Bama.

How many TEs do you see laying out for catches like this.

I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt use him as a WR in redzone situations. I said before, we could have the tallest batch of pass catchers in history going out for redzone passes.

And here he is beating top 10 pick Adams for a TD.

Not saying hes some superstar or will be great. But Ive seen potential and flashes that he could be groomed to be a good one.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft was crazy deep with TE's. Most years this kid was a 3rd rounder!! I'm sure his bone head decision to shop lift before the bowl game made him slide some!
Love this pick because he can block inline! I think Niles Paul and Derrick Carrier should prolly start calling moving companies!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD, I know you've been talking up this kid for months now. Athletically speaking, he looks like the goods. Technically speaking, he looks like the goods.

But I'm sorry, when you're dumb enough to shoplift at a store after they GAVE you $450 to spend ... I don't have much faith in him panning out.

I will admit that Sprinkle, like Harvey-Clemons, could prove me wrong. They've got the talent, but I wonder if they've got the mind and the focus to maximize that talent. I hope to be wrong on this front, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
PARROTHEAD, I know you've been talking up this kid for months now. Athletically speaking, he looks like the goods. Technically speaking, he looks like the goods.

But I'm sorry, when you're dumb enough to shoplift at a store after they GAVE you $450 to spend ... I don't have much faith in him panning out.

I will admit that Sprinkle, like Harvey-Clemons, could prove me wrong. They've got the talent, but I wonder if they've got the mind and the focus to maximize that talent. I hope to be wrong on this front, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

You have too much faith in the "intelligence" of college players, let alone NFL players. I'd hate to see their actual IQ's, but there's a reason so many get passed through school, and get B.S. degrees (if they even finish), and it's not just that they train too much. They can also straighten up, with guidance that is usually better than their judgement.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
My favorite player that we picked.
He did well playing against SECW defenses. Has the frame to block and help the run game, or scoot out and go up to grab passes.
All our redzone problems over the years. His size and ability to go up for passes seems helpful.

Not expecting instant impact. Couple years working along side Reed and Vernon. I think he could be a player on the team for several years.

Agree with you! I wanted Butt in the third but sprinkle after butt seems logical order Can develop into quality two way tight end who can help us score in the red zone
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope sticky fingers grabs passes as well as he does groceries. I'm not too confident

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Woz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:

You have too much faith in the "intelligence" of college players, let alone NFL players. I'd hate to see their actual IQ's, but there's a reason so many get passed through school, and get B.S. degrees (if they even finish), and it's not just that they train too much. They can also straighten up, with guidance that is usually better than their judgement.

While that may be true, if someone doesn't have the ability to realize that shoplifting from a store is a bad idea, how do you expect them to attend meetings on time? To study the playbook? Film? When you get to the NFL, a lot of the chivying that goes on in college disappears. You are expected to be a professional and do that work yourself. It's why a lot of young guys suffer badly early on; they don't have the experience of doing the little things without being prompted/bullied into it.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have preferred Hodges obviously.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Would have preferred Hodges obviously.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't go that route as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: