Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's yo homie: Glennon or Trubisky?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which
Mitchell Trubisky
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Mike Glennon
82%
 82%  [ 33 ]
Mark Sanchez
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
Bears will start Glennon.

If its me I start Trubisky and take your lumps. You learn much faster on field than watching.

Ask Manning or any of a dozen other QBs that started early. You need starts to get better. Development happens so much faster on field versus holding clipboard. When you are starting; practices, meetings, film sessison are all about you. When you are back up you are learning how other guy can improve his play and trying to mentally apply that to yourself.

Manning never even gave his back ups any reps in practice.

Can you lose a player if he takes too much criticism and losses early? Yeah. But not the great ones. So what? Develop a QB for once. You finally have one with talent, but he lacks experience. So answer is to sit him so he can watch and learn? What have you ever done in your life that you learned faster by watching rather than by doing? Doing is trial by fire. Watching is a nipple.

Start Glennon and go 6-10 or 8-8 or start Trubisky and go 2-14. I'll take the 2-14 and the more advanced development and the high draft picks over a meaningless below average season.

When we drafted Cade McNown we threw him in the fire and he burned. Some QBs are ready to start day one, others arent. Trubisky maybe ready now, he may need a year to learn. As I said before, a part of me says start Glennon, but Trubisky in if needed. A part of me says QB competition, better QB starts.
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the whole, "sit and learn" seems like a myth to me. Everybody wants to emulate the the Favre-Rodgers dynamic. It seems odd to say a guy who is thought to need more experience is going to come in and sit? Just saw a stat, that 3 of the last 6 top QBs selected have been selected to the pro bowl. The offense should cater to Trubisky's strengths, not vice versa. To me, straight QB competition with the better QB starting. As Windy said, the bears are not a bad situation to bring a rookie along. Seems silly to sit a guy if he looks ready come preseason and week 1 just for the sake of sitting.
G08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
I guess the whole, "sit and learn" seems like a myth to me. Everybody wants to emulate the the Favre-Rodgers dynamic. It seems odd to say a guy who is thought to need more experience is going to come in and sit? Just saw a stat, that 3 of the last 6 top QBs selected have been selected to the pro bowl. The offense should cater to Trubisky's strengths, not vice versa. To me, straight QB competition with the better QB starting. As Windy said, the bears are not a bad situation to bring a rookie along. Seems silly to sit a guy if he looks ready come preseason and week 1 just for the sake of sitting.

Bro he simply isn't ready. He has never called a play with as much verbiage as we are going to have, he is extremely inexperienced dropping back from center (which is HUGE in our offense, he needs to learn to time his reads with his feet). It's going to take time and I for one really don't want him to be rushed for any reason.

If I don't see him play a single meaningful NFL snap in 2017, I'll be thrilled.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
dll2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre/Rodgers. Rodgers didnt play right away because Favre was still Favre. Rest is a fairytale. Goff didnt play because Rams thought they had a playoff team and Goff was apparently a moron and couldnt learn the playbook/reads.

Brady played right away because of injury. Was a game manager and is now goat.

Rothelsberger played right away. Was a game manager and is now a HOFer.

Manning and Aikman played right away and were awful and are now HOF.

Marino played right away. Kelly played right away.

Carr played right away. Wentz played right away.

Guys who played right away and stunk for years and flamed out would have anyway.

Bears got max out of Grossman, he just wasnt that good. Other teams tried him too and he didnt hack it there either. If they sat Grossman for two years nothing would have changed for his career except maybe he would have been worse.

Guys who didnt play right away say the right things, say it was good, but they would rather play. Guys who did play right away to a man say it was right thing for them.

Again, its nice to watch a little if you know nothing, but you learn by doing and making mistakes and being corrected and improving. You improve little and slowly with no practical experience and this is true in anything. Football isnt special in this regard. I dont know why people think it is.

Picture being in a meeting room. MT see what Glennon did here? Yes coach. Zzzzzzzz. You need physical muscle memory both in body and brain. Thats just way it works.
gah112

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Bro he simply isn't ready. He has never called a play with as much verbiage as we are going to have, he is extremely inexperienced dropping back from center (which is HUGE in our offense, he needs to learn to time his reads with his feet). It's going to take time and I for one really don't want him to be rushed for any reason.

Wasn't a lot of this true for Mariota?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
He has never called a play with as much verbiage as we are going to have, he is extremely inexperienced dropping back from center (which is HUGE in our offense, he needs to learn to time his reads with his feet). It's going to take time and I for one really don't want him to be rushed for any reason.

I feel like the under center thing is a little exaggerated. Yeah, QBs have to do it, but roughly 60% of all plays and nearly 80% of passing plays last season were from the gun or pistol.
TB 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
Favre/Rodgers. Rodgers didnt play right away because Favre was still Favre. Rest is a fairytale. Goff didnt play because Rams thought they had a playoff team and Goff was apparently a moron and couldnt learn the playbook/reads.

Guys who played right away and stunk for years and flamed out would have anyway.

Bears got max out of Grossman, he just wasnt that good. Other teams tried him too and he didnt hack it there either. If they sat Grossman for two years nothing would have changed for his career except maybe he would have been worse.

Guys who didnt play right away say the right things, say it was good, but they would rather play. Guys who did play right away to a man say it was right thing for them.

Again, its nice to watch a little if you know nothing, but you learn by doing and making mistakes and being corrected and improving. You improve little and slowly with no practical experience and this is true in anything. Football isnt special in this regard. I dont know why people think it is.

Picture being in a meeting room. MT see what Glennon did here? Yes coach. Zzzzzzzz. You need physical muscle memory both in body and brain. Thats just way it works.

There is nothing wrong with Trubisky sitting for a season. If Glennon actually plays well than the Bears have a trade chip. The only way Trubisky plays this year is if Glennon and the Bears are really bad.
TB 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
He has never called a play with as much verbiage as we are going to have, he is extremely inexperienced dropping back from center (which is HUGE in our offense, he needs to learn to time his reads with his feet). It's going to take time and I for one really don't want him to be rushed for any reason.

I feel like the under center thing is a little exaggerated. Yeah, QBs have to do it, but roughly 60% of all plays and nearly 80% of passing plays last season were from the gun or pistol.

That is true. I would think the hardest transition's for QB's going to the NFL is they have to read the whole field rather than half the field. The other thing is that the windows are mush smaller in the NFL than in college.
dll2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:

That plus it takes a 9 year old about 15 minutes to learn.

The difficult thing is timing drops with route concepts. 3 steps for this, 5 for that, 7 for this and getting drop back smooth and on rhythm to get ball out on the right count.

Just dont play under center. Problem solved. Accept the college and h.s. Game, adapt and meet it half way ya dinosaurs. Very small amount of plays which cant be adjusted to run from the gun.
dll2000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:

That plus it takes a 9 year old about 15 minutes to learn.

The difficult thing is timing drops with route concepts. 3 steps for this, 5 for that, 7 for this and getting drop back smooth and on rhythm to get ball out on the right count.

Just dont play under center. Problem solved. Accept the college and h.s. Game, adapt and meet it half way ya dinosaurs. Very small amount of plays which cant be adjusted to run from the gun.

If you wafch a lot of film and attend a lot of meetings on 3 and 5 step drops from under center you get better at it. Way faster than if you are actually doing it live.
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:

I get it, but he's got 5 months to continuously practice. You know who else didn't do much under center? Your boy Carr.
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:

LMAO, this.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

LMAO, this.

Agreed. He raises a good point though. Some guys sat and were well off and some guys played right away and were great and others played right away and burned. Every guy and every situation is different. Trubisky isn't Rodgers or Marino or Mariota. He's Trubisky. He should play when HE is ready, whatever his timeline is. Forcing him to sit when he's ready to go is just as dumb IMO as forcing him in there when he's not ready. That's why I'm in favor of a real competition to see who starts. Let the player's play determine if he's ready for the field or not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

LMAO, this.

Agreed. He raises a good point though. Some guys sat and were well off and some guys played right away and were great and others played right away and burned. Every guy and every situation is different. Trubisky isn't Rodgers or Marino or Mariota. He's Trubisky. He should play when HE is ready, whatever his timeline is. Forcing him to sit when he's ready to go is just as dumb IMO as forcing him in there when he's not ready. That's why I'm in favor of a real competition to see who starts. Let the player's play determine if he's ready for the field or not.

Could not agree more. If he isn't ready and looks shell shocked, then he most definitely should sit. But I guess I've never seen anything wrong with some good competition with the better guy playing. I'm still not 100% sold the bears are handing glennon the job. In a way, that would kind of mimic the situation MT had at UNC with Williams. Give the kid a chance is all I'm saying. Just because he hasn't done something doesn't me he can't.
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:

I get it, but he's got 5 months to continuously practice. You know who else didn't do much under center? Your boy Carr.

And good for him, honestly. I don't want to do that to my franchise QB.

Sit, learn, work on your craft, unleash in 2018.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: