You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 5 Pick 173: Brian Allen 6'3 215 4.48
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
Don't forget the reports of Lewis coming back.

what reports? links?

Someone posted it on here somewhere. Not the link but the info. Awaiting a physical.

*Page 39 of the Draft thread.

Here you go.... http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/04/keenan_lewis_saints_steelers.html

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB help is needed, since they aren't signing Revis, or don't appear to be interested in signing Revis.

If Lewis is healthy and we sign Revis, we could be improved at CB.

What are the chances Lewis is near 100% health again?
DR43

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
DR43 wrote:
How many CBs will the Steelers keep on their final roster? Is it fairly safe to assume that one of the following will be cut:
Senquez Golston
William Gay
Brian Allen

They will give Allen every chance to make the 53. Golson will be odd man out imo.

Looking over our depth chart we have only four safeties that come anywhere close to warranting a roster spot: Davis, Mitchell, Golden, and Dangerfield. The only other guy listed is Jacob Hagen. Knowing this, I suppose it is likely we go with one extra corner.

I would now expect that Burns, Cockrell, Gay, Allen, Sutton, and Golston to all make the roster.

#500 Baby!!!
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR43 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
DR43 wrote:
How many CBs will the Steelers keep on their final roster? Is it fairly safe to assume that one of the following will be cut:
Senquez Golston
William Gay
Brian Allen

They will give Allen every chance to make the 53. Golson will be odd man out imo.

Looking over our depth chart we have only four safeties that come anywhere close to warranting a roster spot: Davis, Mitchell, Golden, and Dangerfield. The only other guy listed is Jacob Hagen. Knowing this, I suppose it is likely we go with one extra corner.

I would now expect that Burns, Cockrell, Gay, Allen, and Golston to all make the roster.

#500 Baby!!!

Is the CB improved over last year though? I doubt it, but what do you think about the way CB is vs last year?
32houchen32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
DR43 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
DR43 wrote:
Senquez Golston
William Gay
Brian Allen

I would now expect that Burns, Cockrell, Gay, Allen, and Golston to all make the roster.

#500 Baby!!!

Is the CB improved over last year though? I doubt it, but what do you think about the way CB is vs last year?

That'll depend on Burns development and if golson can stay healthy to also push the rest. If only they drafted CBs like they draft WRs...... Laughing
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
CB help is needed, since they aren't signing Revis, or don't appear to be interested in signing Revis.

Laughing ... We're NOT signing Revis. It's as crazy a thought as us trading for Sherman.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Laughing ... We're NOT signing Revis. It's as crazy a thought as us trading for Sherman.

Agreed.

Revis is getting paid $6mil to do nothing this year. Someone has to pay him more than that to make him pay (since there was some offset language in there). So if we go to pay him $1 mil, the Jets would still pay him $5mil. What incentive is there to play unless he makes more than what he will get for just sitting there.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Allen is the most interesting player IMO. I love his upside! This is the type of player that you draft in the middle of the draft. This guy, like Watt, is raw but has serious talent. I look forward to watching him during preseason games.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
DR43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
DR43 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
DR43 wrote:
Senquez Golston
William Gay
Brian Allen

#500 Baby!!!

Not sure. I would expect Gay to continue to decline and wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets cut. Golston's career might be over before it began. I doubt cockrell will improve.

If Gay, Allen, and Golston all play well in camp, we all agree that we'll run with six CBs this year, right?

On a side note, Ed Bouchette said Keenan Lewis isn't signing with us.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is my favorite pick by far, outside of Watt. I had him on my radar for a while now as my favorite hidden gem DB. I sure hope he pans out. If he and Watt can both play up to their potential, this D will take a serious step forward.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
Magnus-Viktor wrote:
Awesome pick. He is a guy I had in every mock I think. Great upside. Ideal size and athleticism and shows raw ability. This is the 3rd guy that I had in my mocks for the Steelers that they actually drafted. TJ Watt and James Conner (albeit in the 5th or 6th, not 3rd) were the others.

No. That was Sheehan.

LMAO and TJ Watt
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were the 2 guys that I thought were realistic possibilities for the Steelers that would actually be around. Shaheen was wishful thinking that he'd be around later, instead of going in early 2. A Watt-Shaheen 1-2 combo would have been sweet.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:

Revis is getting paid $6mil to do nothing this year. Someone has to pay him more than that to make him pay (since there was some offset language in there). So if we go to pay him $1 mil, the Jets would still pay him $5mil. What incentive is there to play unless he makes more than what he will get for just sitting there.

Love of the game? He's not got many years left. Sure he can sit at home and collect $6m but he's going to be a long time retired in a few years.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

95lloyd wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Love of the game? He's not got many years left. Sure he can sit at home and collect $6m but he's going to be a long time retired in a few years.

It's only this year that that's good for. SO unless someone pays him $7mil+ it doesn't make sense to play for the same amount he could sit at home a be healthy for.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Allen will be on the PS this year. He is nowhere near ready. The more film you find and the less enthusiastic I become about him contributing as a rookie, even on ST.

Davis Webb sucks, badly but has some god weapons to throw to. No words are needed;just watch.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KZviWo3_c4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: