Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#147...OG...Jordan Morgan...Kutztown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: #147...OG...Jordan Morgan...Kutztown Reply with quote

With the 147th Overall Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft...

The Chicago Bears Select...

OG...Jordan Morgan...Kutztown...

Scouting Report...

Quote:
Analysis

Strengths

Has desired NFL mass with adequate arm length and big hands. Plays with light feet when coming out of his stance and into his work. Always working feet into position to secure his block. Drive blocker who grinds from his in-steps. Composed in his movements in space. Operates with adequate bend in knees and ankles. Possesses aggressive field demeanor and is always looking to finish. Hand placement is generally inside the frame and offers up decent leverage points. Maxes out his arm length with stiff, potent punch that lands at full extension.

Weaknesses

Ducks head as a run blocker at times. Needs to bring feet with him and up under his hips to increase potential to sustain blocks. Could struggle with balance early in his career. Needs to keep weight centered at his punch rather than lunging forward. May take time to get punch timed up with move from tackle to guard. Dominated smaller, less talented players across from him.

Highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78zuFBAE8A

Last edited by Madmike90 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is a project, but I'm never against adding offensive line talent.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They announced him as a tackle. Don't see it, he's too short to be a T. Also don't really see the need for a guard, we already have some insane depth and the best duo in the league there.

Last pick, right? Gotta say, pretty meh about how this draft has gone.
Nads786

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we regret not drafting Desmond King? That is the question vs this guy. But I always am a fan of drafting OL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea who this guy is, and like the vast majority of 5th round picks, he likely won't ever be a contributor.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier today really like this pick long term...he will slide inside to OG and learn behind Sitton long term...will really fit the athletic interior guys we are looking for.
CBears019

TankWilliams wrote:
They announced him as a tackle. Don't see it, he's too short to be a T. Also don't really see the need for a guard, we already have some insane depth and the best duo in the league there.

I was feeling pretty good about it up until the last two picks. Feel like we missed out on some real talent.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

TankWilliams wrote:

I don't know, Sitton missed time last season, and Long missed time plus is coming off of two injuries. All it takes is one play to change the landscape.
Tyty

TankWilliams wrote:

Not sure why I think of these days as Christmas because there's literally never been a draft I came away happy with.
gah112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not tall but his length is intriguing. His arm length (34 5/8") is comparable to most OT prospects.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

I don't know, Sitton missed time last season, and Long missed time plus is coming off of two injuries. All it takes is one play to change the landscape.

True but they have Kush who played very well in replacement, and still have whitehair too who was drafted as a guard, so if Grasu is fully healed and there is an injury he could slide over there.

There were a few OT prospects that I would have preferred, like Will Holden or Roderick Johnson.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

True but they have Kush who played very well in replacement, and still have whitehair too who was drafted as a guard, so if Grasu is fully healed and there is an injury he could slide over there.

There were a few OT prospects that I would have preferred, like Will Holden or Roderick Johnson.

Honestly, I'm not sure there won't be a future attempt to move Kyle Long back outside. The Bears were going hard for Ricky Wagner in free agency and Massie struggled at times this past year.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

Honestly, I'm not sure there won't be a future attempt to move Kyle Long back outside. The Bears were going hard for Ricky Wagner in free agency and Massie struggled at times this past year.

Maybe, but both Kyle Long and Ryan Pace said he will not move to tackle again at the start of last season.
mikee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
He's not tall but his length is intriguing. His arm length (34 5/8") is comparable to most OT prospects.

Leno doesn't have prototype height either and he has been alright out on the edge.

The Bears are following the Saints philosophy of controlling the middle of the pocket so that QBs have a clean feet and can step up. The OTs just need to be able to keep the rushers to the outside.

I just think it is interesting that

Ashland
North Carolina A&T
Kutztown

Jackson might be the only guy that sees the field early in the season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

kyle is the best rg in the nfl and was an ok rt. They arent moving him back.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: