Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 (141). Chad Hansen, WR, Cal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morton seems to want to attack vertically so he makes sense from that standpoint.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, feels like we're going into a Saints type of offense. Going into the offense , I thought we would focus on improving the rushing attack.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Not a bad player per se, but the luxury picks are just so obnoxious at this point. I hate Mac. Dude has no plan.

In the two prior drafts his picks have produced 6 starters one of which looks to be a perennial Pro Bowl / All Pro player.

Three others that are contributors.

Three that the jury is out on (Smith, Petty, and Hack). Smith's latest ACL is not good news but certainly not any fault of Mac's draft strategy.

And one not on our roster but on an NFL teams roster.

So 14 picks in 2015 and 2016 - yields 9 guys who see the field. 3 developmental - 2 of which are QBs and one that has been often injured. and 1 that does not stick with us but is in the NFL.

That is an effective GM and drafter - to call him a joke is not a wise statement based on the facts and track record to date.

Lee / Mauldin / Jenkins haven't looked great

Hack / Petty haven't looked great

Smith is hurt again, which isn't anyone's fault per se. But he didn't look great when he was healthy

The only real contributor has been Leonard Williams. Peake showed some promise. So did Burris & Shell. Mac has been good in the late rounds & with the UDFAs But we can't keep throwing away 2nd-4th round picks. Or picking up receivers, safeties and defensive lineman. This does make more sense with Smith hurt again, but it doesn't mean I like it.

I think you have proven my point. Even with your negative outlook on the past two drafts you have had to acknowledge success. No team hits on every pick but you keep improving talent and buidl

Time will continue to tell.

PS - can everyone give the Hack stuff a break. You can bash after this year if he shows nothing but last year was a redshirt year for the beginning for him - so all is going as planned so far.
I'm not a crazy person. It's not all bad. But there isn't much good.

The only impact player is Leonard Williams. Burris and Shell might be starters in the league, but we thought the same thing about Mauldin after his rookie year and he looked lost last year. It's early for all of these guys, but only Williams looks the part of a building block.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansen knows how to high point the ball and is also a hands catcher which is crucial at this level.

Hopefully he can become a little more well rounded and becomes a viable deep threat for us.

This kid wins contested balls man, I love it.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticing in his highlights reels... all of his Tds come from the right side of the field. He was a big production guy so I'm sure he can like up anywhere, just thought it was odd all his big plays were on 1 side.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of another former Cal Bear: Marvin Jones.

I think the Jets are going for a new look at WR given the scheme change. Robby Anderson proved to have talent and to be a fascinating deep threat, but he's going to have to work and "earn" his spot... it's very possible the Jets view him more as a #4 deep threat type rather than a "complete" WR. Hansen takes Devin Smith's spot and will essentially compete with Robby for snaps early on.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Not a bad player per se, but the luxury picks are just so obnoxious at this point. I hate Mac. Dude has no plan.

In the two prior drafts his picks have produced 6 starters one of which looks to be a perennial Pro Bowl / All Pro player.

Three that the jury is out on (Smith, Petty, and Hack). Smith's latest ACL is not good news but certainly not any fault of Mac's draft strategy.

So 14 picks in 2015 and 2016 - yields 9 guys who see the field. 3 developmental - 2 of which are QBs and one that has been often injured. and 1 that does not stick with us but is in the NFL.

That is an effective GM and drafter - to call him a joke is not a wise statement based on the facts and track record to date.

Smith is hurt again, which isn't anyone's fault per se. But he didn't look great when he was healthy

The only real contributor has been Leonard Williams. Peake showed some promise. So did Burris & Shell. Mac has been good in the late rounds & with the UDFAs But we can't keep throwing away 2nd-4th round picks. Or picking up receivers, safeties and defensive lineman. This does make more sense with Smith hurt again, but it doesn't mean I like it.

Only thing I disagree with you is on Jenkins, Jenkins was a very solid defender last year and played much better than Lee. Sets the edge and can get to the passer, watch for him to have a good year in 2017 and be a staple in our defense. The rest I agree, also thought Lee sucked last year.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Abe56

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More I watch the more I like, guy is really good

Prob gonna make some gifs of all these great plays I saw
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Only thing I disagree with you is on Jenkins, Jenkins was a very solid defender last year and played much better than Lee. Sets the edge and can get to the passer, watch for him to have a good year in 2017 and be a staple in our defense. The rest I agree, also thought Lee sucked last year.

Lee didn't suck, he was in good position often in coverage and even got to the point where he was our Mike and was calling signals for the front 7.

He definitely has to get better at locating the ball when in coverage so he can make a play, also needs to get stronger at the point of attack.

This year he might not be thinking as much and thus he can play reactionary which will allow his athleticism to shine. I'm expecting a really good 2017 from him.

Quote:

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Lee didn't suck, he was in good position often in coverage and even got to the point where he was our Mike and was calling signals for the front 7.

He definitely has to get better at locating the ball when in coverage so he can make a play, also needs to get stronger at the point of attack.

This year he might not be thinking as much and thus he can play reactionary which will allow his athleticism to shine. I'm expecting a really good 2017 from him.

I wasnt very impressed with him at all. Looks speedy and athletic, but is going get bullied in the run game. I hope he actually adds some size but not enough to make him slower. I hope he shows more this year. Hes a guy we need to hit on.

KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

I wasnt very impressed with him at all. Looks speedy and athletic, but is going get bullied in the run game. I hope he actually adds some size but not enough to make him slower. I hope he shows more this year. Hes a guy we need to hit on.

Yeah he left a lot to be desired for sure especially considering a similar player was in the Super Bowl making huge plays against our arch nemesis.

I got faith in Lee though because he's got the tools, he listens and he works hard. That was only his 3rd year I think at Linebacker.

Quote:

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Abe56

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I think we keep Decker this year, I think this kid could replace him in 2018.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the moment this was a WTF pick and I still hate how we maneuvered around especially the comp pick which was completely and utterly retarded, but I love what I see form this kid. Gamer, fast, high points...its a terriffc value pick. I still think we did a p!ss poor job of taking advantages of this being deep at CB, and RB and 6 round picks at those position is not filling needs, but Hansen could really be a nice steal for us regardless.

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
In the moment this was a WTF pick and I still hate how we maneuvered around especially the comp pick which was completely and utterly retarded, but I love what I see form this kid. Gamer, fast, high points...its a terriffc value pick. I still think we did a p!ss poor job of taking advantages of this being deep at CB, and RB and 6 round picks at those position is not filling needs, but Hansen could really be a nice steal for us regardless.

I think we have so many young high upside corners that we didn't want to invest a 2nd-3rd in one unless we felt they were a safe day one starter. I think King would have been that for us but the Packers took him at 33 even though we tried to trade up. I think we are very much in the "let them play and see what happens" mode. If they stink then we lose and get a high draft pick, we can still gauge Hack/Petty even if the defense it terrible. Hopefully we can at least keep it semi close so we could still run/pass instead of always trailing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: