Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 (141). Chad Hansen, WR, Cal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
famousj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick could be a BPA option. It also could be they play to play Enunwa at the H-back role along with ASJ. This means more help is needed on the outside. I like Chad Hansen. He has size and was productive in college. Lets see what the Jets do for the remainder of the draft to before we condemn the Jets management. As people mentioned before this is going to a be bad year regardless of what they did today.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a problem with the pick. He looks like he's going to be a productive player and you can't complain about that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Matt Miller predicted we would take Maye and also predicted we would take Hanson.
K-Ro 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
9 WRs now.

0 RBs under 29yrs old.
0 TEs that should start in the NFL.

Center position questionable.
LB corps questionable.
CB depth shallow.

Don't hate the player, hate the position. Peake can ball man.
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not fool ourselves ... it is not like we drafted at positions we have All Pros. Fact is we have a few nice young WR pieces, not one is a clear #1, so if we added more or better talent that is a good thing.

Same thing for our safeties ...... Pryor/Gil combo were not world beaters. So replacing them with higher upside more talented players when they are available is not a bad thing.

We all talk about the dearth of talent on our roster - so no position is really safe right now to not want to upgrade talent. He looks to be going with BPA and wants to upgrade the roster period.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
Let's not fool ourselves ... it is not like we drafted at positions we have All Pros. Fact is we have a few nice young WR pieces, not one is a clear #1, so if we added more or better talent that is a good thing.

Same thing for our safeties ...... Pryor/Gil combo were not world beaters. So replacing them with higher upside more talented players when they are available is not a bad thing.

We all talk about the dearth of talent on our roster - so no position is really safe right now to not want to upgrade talent. He looks to be going with BPA and wants to upgrade the roster period.

Fact is you can't carry 9 WRs so atleast 2 of these guys will be gone. Marshall and Patton would be who I'd let go and maybe another guy as well. The Patton signing is pretty pointless now, so I wouldn't mind cutting him also.
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:

Fact is you can't carry 9 WRs so atleast 2 of these guys will be gone. Marshall and Patton would be who I'd let go and maybe another guy as well. The Patton signing is pretty pointless now, so I wouldn't mind cutting him also.

Correct and if you bring in players that have more talent, what's wrong with that?

Marshall is on the outs I would suspect with his suspension and rumors have swirled about Decker's release or even if he will be healthy by camp/season.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Not a bad player per se, but the luxury picks are just so obnoxious at this point. I hate Mac. Dude has no plan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Not a bad player per se, but the luxury picks are just so obnoxious at this point. I hate Mac. Dude has no plan.

Given the Smith news, I don't see this as a luxury pick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

In the two prior drafts his picks have produced 6 starters one of which looks to be a perennial Pro Bowl / All Pro player.

Three others that are contributors.

Three that the jury is out on (Smith, Petty, and Hack). Smith's latest ACL is not good news but certainly not any fault of Mac's draft strategy.

And one not on our roster but on an NFL teams roster.

So 14 picks in 2015 and 2016 - yields 9 guys who see the field. 3 developmental - 2 of which are QBs and one that has been often injured. and 1 that does not stick with us but is in the NFL.

That is an effective GM and drafter - to call him a joke is not a wise statement based on the facts and track record to date.
NewAge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting opinions on Hansen here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21339874

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

In the two prior drafts his picks have produced 6 starters one of which looks to be a perennial Pro Bowl / All Pro player.

Three that the jury is out on (Smith, Petty, and Hack). Smith's latest ACL is not good news but certainly not any fault of Mac's draft strategy.

So 14 picks in 2015 and 2016 - yields 9 guys who see the field. 3 developmental - 2 of which are QBs and one that has been often injured. and 1 that does not stick with us but is in the NFL.

That is an effective GM and drafter - to call him a joke is not a wise statement based on the facts and track record to date.

Lee / Mauldin / Jenkins haven't looked great

Hack / Petty haven't looked great

Smith is hurt again, which isn't anyone's fault per se. But he didn't look great when he was healthy

The only real contributor has been Leonard Williams. Peake showed some promise. So did Burris & Shell. Mac has been good in the late rounds & with the UDFAs But we can't keep throwing away 2nd-4th round picks. Or picking up receivers, safeties and defensive lineman. This does make more sense with Smith hurt again, but it doesn't mean I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
JetsFan15 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Lmfao

Our GM is a clown.

Lee / Mauldin / Jenkins haven't looked great

Hack / Petty haven't looked great

Smith is hurt again, which isn't anyone's fault per se. But he didn't look great when he was healthy

The only real contributor has been Leonard Williams. Peake showed some promise. So did Burris & Shell. Mac has been good in the late rounds & with the UDFAs But we can't keep throwing away 2nd-4th round picks. Or picking up receivers, safeties and defensive lineman. This does make more sense with Smith hurt again, but it doesn't mean I like it.

I think you have proven my point. Even with your negative outlook on the past two drafts you have had to acknowledge success. No team hits on every pick but you keep improving talent and buidl

Time will continue to tell.

PS - can everyone give the Hack stuff a break. You can bash after this year if he shows nothing but last year was a redshirt year for the beginning for him - so all is going as planned so far.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A detailed report on Hanson's route tree, alignment and projections

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-understanding-chad-hansens-narrow-limited-assignment/

In the alignment section you'll should note that Stewart is also listed as a receiver taking most of his snaps from one area of the field.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
Some interesting opinions on Hansen here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21339874

But this doesn't fit the "Macc is the worst GM, this is the worst draft" story some people are pushing. I didn't dive into our later round picks yet but by all accounts most people from other teams like the players we selected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: