Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4, Pick 132 -- Donnel Pumphrey -- RB, SDSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Dude has a daughter and colleges dont pay athletes. I really doubt he has great access to food he would need to bulk up.

But when I was in high school I used to play varsity quiz at the high school he ended up going to so you know he'll be good. He's been blessed by my varsity quiz greatness.

SD State has plenty of food access and places that hook up athletes. If he wanted a 1500 calorie 50 grams of protein burrito, he could get one for like 2 bucks. His body is a clone of Tavon Austin. He's Tavon's slower, but still fast twin brother.

I dont think people understand how much money is down there, homeless people get FAT AS HELL off hands out of left overs from locals and tourist. There so much money and excess food down there, the roaches are overweight. Laughing

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Dude has a daughter and colleges dont pay athletes. I really doubt he has great access to food he would need to bulk up.

But when I was in high school I used to play varsity quiz at the high school he ended up going to so you know he'll be good. He's been blessed by my varsity quiz greatness.

SD State has plenty of food access and places that hook up athletes. If he wanted a 1500 calorie 50 grams of protein burrito, he could get one for like 2 bucks.

Well we'll see if he doesnt gain the weight or not.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt SD State cared even the slightest about his weight given how durable and productive he was.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
I doubt SD State cared even the slightest about his weight given how durable and productive he was.

Exactly. That's​ all any college cares about really, not there ability to do the same at the next level. If he wasn't setting NCAA records or coming up gimp, things might of Changed.

Besides your guys obsession with his weight is disturbing. As though you have to be a certain weight to be durable? As though we don't have a 220lb RB about to be cut because he can't stay healthy. Maybe given his size and elusiveness (like Sproles) he's learned how to take a hit, or avoid taking hits more then bigger backs.

Let the Man play a down as a Eagle, get with this staff before dictating what he can and can't do.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Exactly. That's​ all any college cares about really, not there ability to do the same at the next level. If he wasn't setting NCAA records or coming up gimp, things might of Changed.

Besides your guys obsession with his weight is disturbing. As though you have to be a certain weight to be durable? As though we don't have a 220lb RB about to be cut because he can't stay healthy. Maybe given his size and elusiveness (like Sproles) he's learned how to take a hit, or avoid taking hits more then bigger backs.

Let the Man play a down as a Eagle, get with this staff before dictating what he can and can't do.

Weight is a legitimate concern. Is it easier to handle tackles as a 220 lb guy being tackled by 200-250 pound guys or as a 169 lb guy? Running back is a position that its very hard to avoid being hit, no matter how good you are at avoiding them.

Also, Darren Sproles currently weights 190lbs. Pumphrey is about 15-20 pounds off that depending on what his actual weight is.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Jlash wrote:

Weight is a legitimate concern. Is it easier to handle tackles as a 220 lb guy being tackled by 200-250 pound guys or as a 169 lb guy? Running back is a position that its very hard to avoid being hit, no matter how good you are at avoiding them.

Also, Darren Sproles currently weights 190lbs. Pumphrey is about 15-20 pounds off that depending on what his actual weight is.

Yep, and while Sproles is arguably one of the best ever at avoiding hits, he still gets absolutely blasted every now and then.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Also, Darren Sproles currently weights 190lbs.

You don't know what Sproles current weight is.

The listed weights for players are so old most of the time. They don't really get updated.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

The listed weights for players are so old most of the time. They don't really get updated.

You're right, I didn't go the the Novacare Complex and make Sproles get on a scale but his listed weight is 190. His combine weight was 187. I'll jsut go ahead and assume the man put on 3 pounds in an NFL weight room at some point. Whether that weight is old or not it means the man has played at that weight.

Pumphrey's highest weight ever was 176 for the combine and it was generally accepted that he played at 169. Still both significantly less than 190.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

You're right, I didn't go the the Novacare Complex and make Sproles get on a scale but his listed weight is 190. His combine weight was 187. I'll jsut go ahead and assume the man put on 3 pounds in an NFL weight room at some point. Whether that weight is old or not it means the man has played at that weight.

Pumphrey's highest weight ever was 176 for the combine and it was generally accepted that he played at 169. Still both significantly less than 190.

Not arguing against that last point. I'm just saying the listed weights are to be taken with a grain of salt. We don't actually know most players weights unless they've talked to the media about where they are at. For all we know the weight gap between them is even bigger than what the listed weight indicates. I don't think the Eagles expect him to ever weigh what Sproles does now though. They just want him to get in the 180 range.
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all we've learned here is our boy Sproles thiiiiiicccc.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the player weights and heights lol Laughing

I remember when Brian Westbrook was 5'10 215 every week LMAO Laughing then he would stand next to like Sheldon Brown at 5'11 200 lbs and Brown would have a foot on him and 15 lbs Laughing

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality" -Tesla
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

I remember when Brian Westbrook was 5'10 215 every week LMAO Laughing then he would stand next to like Sheldon Brown at 5'11 200 lbs and Brown would have a foot on him and 15 lbs Laughing
weren't you one of the posters giving me crap about discussing Orlosky's weight?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

weren't you one of the posters giving me crap about discussing Orlosky's weight?

I can't remember but it sounds like something i would do. lol.

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sproles has more muscle on him than Pumphrey. I like him but without weight he's going to get killed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: