You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4, Pick 132 -- Donnel Pumphrey -- RB, SDSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Just throwing this thing out there....

Quote:
5) Donnel Pumphrey has a preferred playing weight

Pumphrey, a fourth-round running back out of San Diego State, said he measured at 176 pounds on Thursday, but Eagles coaches want him to play at a weight between 180 and 185. A small and light back, Pumphrey also insisted Friday he aimed to prove he could be a three-down ball-carrier.

http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2017/05/philadelphia_eagles_rookie_min_3.html

Is DP gets to 185 lbs , that would be pretty baller. Cool

Just goes to show that the Eagles staff believes he can put on the weight. The other notes in the article stated that he's never had an NFL caliber nutritionist before and he just got started on the Eagles weight training program.

Fingers crossed.

MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^even as a medicinal user I've never had the appetite to do serious bulking. It was always real hard for me, I'd make myself sick. Have a big meal consisting of meat, veggies, and a carb. Then I would immediately chug down a shake consisting of milk, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, and a banana.

Do that twice a day, with two smaller meals in between. Not pleasant. I know bulking sounds awesome to those trying to lose weight, but I hated it. Nowadays that I don't play anymore I don't do the bulking and cutting thing anymore.

Honestly doing the serious workouts and diets I think would lead me to retire faster than injuries or drop off in play. At a certain point you just get sick of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nles I completely understand that gaining and losing weight can be equally difficult ventures. As stated by Memphis above its clearly not the walk in the park that people who haven't done it before may think it is.

That said if you're trying to make it in the NFL and your job relies on you gaining those extra 10-15 pounds I'm sure he's going to do what it takes to get it done, if not he probably won't be long for the league.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

Jesus christ could that meme be worded any clunkier?
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

[img]Morpheus.jpeg[/img]

I thought the same thing trying to comprehend what he was saying with the meme Laughing Laughing

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I don't know this life......I look at a cupcake the wrong way and I gain weight.... Laughing

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
nles I completely understand that gaining and losing weight can be equally difficult ventures. As stated by Memphis above its clearly not the walk in the park that people who haven't done it before may think it is.

That said if you're trying to make it in the NFL and your job relies on you gaining those extra 10-15 pounds I'm sure he's going to do what it takes to get it done, if not he probably won't be long for the league.

I agree and I don't think he will, another reason I hated the pick. He went to a D1 school, San Diego St has money and high level nutritionist. He didn't gain weight in 4 years. He'll be 23 in Dec. he's not going to be 200 lbs unless he gives up and has kids.

I'm rooting for the kid, but he better be more like Beasley and carve defenses up in the slot. If he was as fast as Tyreek Hill sure, but you can only run so many draws, screens, reverses
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

I agree and I don't think he will, another reason I hated the pick. He went to a D1 school, San Diego St has money and high level nutritionist. He didn't gain weight in 4 years. He'll be 23 in Dec. he's not going to be 200 lbs unless he gives up and has kids.

I'm rooting for the kid, but he better be more like Beasley and carve defenses up in the slot. If he was as fast as Tyreek Hill sure, but you can only run so many draws, screens, reverses

You're talking to the guy that wanted Jamal Williams....

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

FerrisBueller

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on Jamal Williams. At least Blount is around now. Maybe Clement to the PS. But, I still would have liked to have Williams too.

And seriously, I don't know how much weight Pumph can gain, but for his sake I hope he does. He's going to need it.

Hockey5djh wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

You're talking to the guy that wanted Jamal Williams....
D-Lo

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Well, I guess its a good thing then that the Eagles dont want Pumphrey to 'get up to 200' or even gain '10-15' pounds. According, them.they want him at 180-185 and he weighed in at 176 for them. So, thats 4-9 lbs he neefs to gain. I dont see how thats an issue l especially considering they likely arent looking at him as a workhorse rb.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be cool if he got on some "supplements" and got really into lifting, then excelled at it, and just quit football and became a a professional bantam weight bodybuilder lol

Last edited by Bednarik60 on Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Ever think that San Diego state didn't want him to gain weight or didn't mind where he was at? You're talking as if it's known that he tried and failed to gain weight while at SDSU.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:

Ever think that San Diego state didn't want him to gain weight or didn't mind where he was at? You're talking as if it's known that he tried and failed to gain weight while at SDSU.

If he could of gained weight, he left millions on the table by not, if he was 10-15 lbs heavier his draft stock drastically improves and hes a richer man today. So if thats the case he left millions on the table..

Im going to guess its next to impossible for him to gain weight with out the pros hook ups on supplements.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude has a daughter and colleges dont pay athletes. I really doubt he has great access to food he would need to bulk up.

But when I was in high school I used to play varsity quiz at the high school he ended up going to so you know he'll be good. He's been blessed by my varsity quiz greatness.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Dude has a daughter and colleges dont pay athletes. I really doubt he has great access to food he would need to bulk up.

But when I was in high school I used to play varsity quiz at the high school he ended up going to so you know he'll be good. He's been blessed by my varsity quiz greatness.

SD State has plenty of food access and places that hook up athletes. If he wanted a 1500 calorie 50 grams of protein burrito, he could get one for like 2 bucks. His body is a clone of Tavon Austin. He's Tavon's slower, but still fast twin brother.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: