Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4, Pick 132 -- Donnel Pumphrey -- RB, SDSU
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Round 4, Pick 132 -- Donnel Pumphrey -- RB, SDSU Reply with quote

Definitely not one of the players I wanted in the 4th round, but Pumphrey is fun to watch. Hopefully his size won't be an issue and he'll carve out a small role as a play maker with Sproles soon walking into the sunset.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he never has to pick up the blitz. Now we have old mighty mouse and young speedy gonzalez.
At least next years RB class should be loaded once again.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Courtland Sutton #20 #92
Fly Eagles Fly
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have been comparing Mccaffrey to Westbrook all off-season and I never saw it. This, however, is a guy I actually can see it a little bit. Certainly Brian was a little heavier, but they have similar builds and running style coming out of college. If Pumphrey can add 10-15 lbs over the next couple of years and work on his lower body strength (get those thick thighs Brian developed during his time in the NFL) he could be a similar player... or not...
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
People have been comparing Mccaffrey to Westbrook all off-season and I never saw it. This, however, is a guy I actually can see it a little bit. Certainly Brian was a little heavier, but they have similar builds and running style coming out of college. If Pumphrey can add 10-15 lbs over the next couple of years and work on his lower body strength (get those thick thighs Brian developed during his time in the NFL) he could be a similar player... or not...

10-15 lbs should be no problem for a guy who is 5'8"

Fly Eagles Fly
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

He's got the frame to hit 195-200 over the course of a couple years, I think. Westbrook played at around 200-205 - and was one of the best RBs in the NFL at blitz pick up...
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

He's got the frame to hit 195-200 over the course of a couple years, I think. Westbrook played at around 200-205 - and was one of the best RBs in the NFL at blitz pick up...

You think he can put on 20-25 lbs??

I think he is pretty maxed out honestly.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

15 (he's 180 now) and I disagree that he looks maxed out.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

He's closer to 175 than 180

Fly Eagles Fly
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't maxed out, he has plenty of space to gain on his legs. That being said, he will never be a full time guy so I still want someone else but I really like him in that Sproles role. I prefer him to Smallwood for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

He's closer to 175 than 180

Yeah, I'm not sure where he's getting 180 from.

Pumphrey was 169 lbs at the Senior Bowl and was up to 176 lbs at the Combine. Some of that was probably water weight too.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont see the Westbrook impression, and Eagles still need a powerback.

Hopefully, Smallwood will have improved this year, but I fully expect a bigger investment in RB next year.

Looks to be a good draft overall, but yeah, need a powerback.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
He isn't maxed out, he has plenty of space to gain on his legs.

He has a wiry frame and skinny hips. I don't see it.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure where he's getting 180 from.

Pumphrey was 169 lbs at the Senior Bowl and was up to 176 lbs at the Combine. Some of that was probably water weight too.

Apparently dyslexia. Originally read the 6 as a 9. Regardless the original point I made stands.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
Dont see the Westbrook impression, and Eagles still need a powerback.

Hopefully, Smallwood will have improved this year, but I fully expect a bigger investment in RB next year.

Looks to be a good draft overall, but yeah, need a powerback.

No? Smaller back that runs with good agility and a better inside runner than you would think for his size? Good receiving option. Similar build (though Westbrook was thicker by the time he became the feature guy - particularly in his lower body). Certainly not exactly the same, but more similar than say Mccaffrey (who entirely too many people have compared to Brian).
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be able to gain some weight just by the fact that he'll be working with a professional strength and conditioning staff as well as getting help from our nutritionists and sports science people. How much he can gain? Who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: