You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#133 - Ryan Switzer, WR #Believe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
He is basically Cole Beasley. Depending on how fast he picks up the offense this might be Coles last year.

I am not understanding this. Why should we be looking to push Cole out when he is still a productive slot WR?

I definitely don't want to see Cole go, but they are the same guy and will play basically the same position. Switzer does everything Cole does, but might be a little faster and isn't big enough to play the outside wr position. Is it good business to keep them both beyond this season?

Cole has two years left on his contract and Switzerland is super cheap.

If he's Cole Beasely's equal, stick them in both slots and prosper.

So who do you take off the field? Zeke, Witten or Twill?

I just think we improved the team with that pick. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the value.

And how are the Patriots supposed to use all their pass catching RBs and slot receivers? We're allowed to use multiple formations throughout the game/season based on opponent.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking this pick now that I think about it.

For starters, he's a definitely a nightmare matchup if used correctly, and I think with Dak he could be perfect.

But you already got 3 players, all of which had 1st round draft grades or high second grades ALL on the defense. Outside of Dez, Williams, Cole, Witten, and then of course Zeke, there isn't a single skill player on offense that scares anyone. Beasley and Switzer could be nightmares, with Dez and Williams moving the chains.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
resilient wrote:
I love to have an extra weapon for Dak and he seems like he would be a very good fit but I still wonder what is going on with Jake butt

Jake butt is going to miss the entire 2017 season.

Just watched video of him, love the pick. Reliable wr, looks like he can return also. Hopefully he can replace Terrence Williams, so we don't have to watch tw screw up anymore.

Terrance Williams just signed a 4 year deal. And Williams has been our 2nd best WR over the past few years. This narrative against Williams is absolutely ridiculous.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a Linehan wrinkle pick. He wants to go 4 wide, Zeke and Dak in the backfield and catch a defense in the dime look with our 5 OL vs their 4 DL and a LB. then he runs it down their throat. If they put another LB in the game or drop a safety down to stop the run, then one of our WRs have a mismatch and we air it out. I thought we'd take Butt or King for sure, but I can get with this pick very quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this kid go in the fourth round in a couple mock drafts. Watching highlights Switzer runs very good routes and is very shifty. More Eddleman then Beasley as he's a really good punt returner. Not really a need but will play a role on punts and will probably replace Lucky.
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure about this pick so i'm not going to judge it. I do trust Will McClay and them though. If he could be a Cole Beasley 4 years down the road I'd be thrilled. That's high hopes. In the meantime if he can replace Lucky and be a really good KR/PR that would be fantastic. Overall I'm pretty excited about our draft. The secondary especially.

EL ramster on the sig!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IN OUR VIEW: With all due respect to star quarterback Mitch Trubisky, Switzer was the Tar Heels most dynamic threat in 2016. Quick as a hiccup, he was a highlight waiting to happen at the college level. He was perfectly suited to UNC's up-tempo attack, however, and likely needs a similar fit in the NFL to enjoy this kind of production at the next level.

COMPARES TO: Julian Edelman, New England Patriots: In terms of his quickness, sure hands and toughness as both slot receiver and returner, Switzer looks like a carbon copy of the Patriots' star.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060475/ryan-switzer

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this guy. Kind of a weird fit, because for him to play one of Witten/Zeke has to go off the field, but I guess they do need breathers every now and then. Then as a return man, he's electric. That's where I'm most excited to see him shine. Lucky just wasn't cutting it the last couple seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
He is basically Cole Beasley. Depending on how fast he picks up the offense this might be Coles last year.

I am not understanding this. Why should we be looking to push Cole out when he is still a productive slot WR?

I definitely don't want to see Cole go, but they are the same guy and will play basically the same position. Switzer does everything Cole does, but might be a little faster and isn't big enough to play the outside wr position. Is it good business to keep them both beyond this season?

Cole has two years left on his contract and Switzerland is super cheap.

If he's Cole Beasely's equal, stick them in both slots and prosper.

So who do you take off the field? Zeke, Witten or Twill?

I just think we improved the team with that pick. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the value.

And how are the Patriots supposed to use all their pass catching RBs and slot receivers? We're allowed to use multiple formations throughout the game/season based on opponent.

They found almost 700 snaps for Brice Butler, Lucky Whitehead, and Lance Dunbar last season. The snaps are there.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But also, even if you are right and a Cole Beasley redundancy doesn't make us better, he's a far better punt returner than anything we have on the roster right now. We really needed an upgrade there.
Hiero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Daks game is safe, smart throws. There is a reason he beat Brady's INT record. Having a couple Julian Eldelman/Amendola/Welker types is smart.

Yep great point he is a great fit for Dak's game and I think he will be a big producer for us this year and hopefully not have to rely on twill the human mistake waiting to happen and lucky whitehead and his off field stupidity

Skalelujah
Hiero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
Hiero wrote:
resilient wrote:
I love to have an extra weapon for Dak and he seems like he would be a very good fit but I still wonder what is going on with Jake butt

Jake butt is going to miss the entire 2017 season.

Just watched video of him, love the pick. Reliable wr, looks like he can return also. Hopefully he can replace Terrence Williams, so we don't have to watch tw screw up anymore.

Terrance Williams just signed a 4 year deal. And Williams has been our 2nd best WR over the past few years. This narrative against Williams is absolutely ridiculous.

Ya and his bone head moves keep costing us games I'm tired of him and would love to not have to watch him keep blowing it for us

Skalelujah
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this pick the more I like it. He gives us more than Lucky or Beasley. He looks like a guy who will always be open and can actually return punts if the tape holds up.

Since we got my guy Woods, I feel much better about this pick. I guess McClay is smarter than me, cause I thought he'd be gone after the fourth round.
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAoW5MMS0AU

lol go to 1:30 and watch for 10 second.

Wait, we draft a player that looks like he should be delivering my Pizza Shocked Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: