Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select Joe Williams, RB, Utah
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a guy with the speed and agility he has, Joe Williams hits the hole hard and has most of his big plays on interior runs. Thats nice to see that he's not the type to just bounce it outside and outrun you to the sideline even though he can. He's got some LeVeon Bell to his game.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I watch a little more Utah football than some...I loved this pick. From the beginning. Yes, he has baggage but I think he is 'back in football' for good.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's because of the number, but doesn't he run a little like Marshall Faulk, or is it just me? Now, if only he could catch like him as well.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in your draft thread, but ill put it here.

There were no bigger home run RB options available though. You already have a bruiser in Hyde and Williams is about as fast as you can get for a running back. I get the off field concerns and he did have an issue here with fumbles.

Just to clarify what happened with him quitting on the team. He wasnt able to get healthy(physically/mentally)to start the season after camps/offseason etc. Then he had some person family issues going on and had some fumble issues in the BYU game that saw him drop from the #1 guy to #3 or 4. After that game he "retired" or "quit." He took about a month to get his head and body healthy and right after his on field and off field issues. We had several injuries to RBs during those games he was gone. Kyle Whittingham asked him if he would be interested in coming back and Joe didnt hesitate with wanting to come back to help the team after leaving them.

So I can see the negative with him in that situation, but I think he saw the mistake he made and gave everything he had to finish the season to make up for it. 1400+ yds in 9-9.5 games is very impressive and shows how hard he worked to get back and to make up for his decisions he made. Just watch this tape to see how hard the guy can run( I know they are highlights and that 3 of the 5 OL in this game are now on NFL rosters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XDLg-halXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnkQQhISL1Y

One of the best single game performances in a long time that I have seen. And he had runs like this in almost every game after coming back. You cant teach that speed and his vision is above average.

Edit: The trade up I feel wasnt needed and he could have been had where they sat.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never much interested in him and so never watched any of his highlights or game films. I can understand why someone gave us an instanr F for this puck, but wow do i love how he runs. On pure talent, at spot in the draft, i'm calling it an A or B+ at least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: