Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#119...RB...Tarik Cohen...NC A&T
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
You guys are so stuck in the past. It's sad. This is a forward thinking pick to evolve our offense. I really like this pick. I heard before the draft we liked Cohen. I mean, look at the tape... the kid is smooth, has a powerful lower body and catches the ball well.

I fully expected lazy comparisons to Garrett Wolfe. Some Bears fans are just so stuck in 2006.

Yup we are so stuck in the past because we think an undersized 4th round running back was a strange pick.
mikee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
You guys are so stuck in the past. It's sad. This is a forward thinking pick to evolve our offense. I really like this pick. I heard before the draft we liked Cohen. I mean, look at the tape... the kid is smooth, has a powerful lower body and catches the ball well.

I fully expected lazy comparisons to Garrett Wolfe. Some Bears fans are just so stuck in 2006.

You guys? It was literally two people.

Cohen is nothing like Wolfe, who had good vision and toughness but was undersized and did not have the quickness or speed to make up for it. Cohen at least on tape and by the stopwatch has the speed and quicks to make guys miss.

One concern because we don't have much tape on him is can he pass pro, which is always a question with guys his size. Doesn't matter if he can catch if he can't block, because if you can't protect the QB you won't get on the field.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

You guys? It was literally two people.

Cohen is nothing like Wolfe, who had good vision and toughness but was undersized and did not have the quickness or speed to make up for it. Cohen at least on tape and by the stopwatch has the speed and quicks to make guys miss.

One concern because we don't have much tape on him is can he pass pro, which is always a question with guys his size. Doesn't matter if he can catch if he can't block, because if you can't protect the QB you won't get on the field.

I don't envision that he'd be asked to stay in as a blocker. Like ever. Don't know that I've ever seen Sproles blocking at any point since he was drafted in 2005.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like MT, this is a big hit or miss pick. From 'experts' give this guy the ball a few times and see him go, hes fun to watch. I hope so, we do need a dynamic playmaker. We'd all rather see a WR or CB here. Maybe its me, but the fact that we signed 2 WRs and CBs in FA made those positions lesser needs to Pace.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Like MT, this is a big hit or miss pick. From 'experts' give this guy the ball a few times and see him go, hes fun to watch. I hope so, we do need a dynamic playmaker. We'd all rather see a WR or CB here. Maybe its me, but the fact that we signed 2 WRs and CBs in FA made those positions lesser needs to Pace.

That and he already has developing players at both positions and he may not have seen clear upgrades in the prospects after round 2.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perfectly find with this pick as long as there's a plan for him.

There was no plan for Garrett Wolfe. Angelo took him in the third round, and it was completely unclear to me how he was ever intended to fit into that offense.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-5 kickoffs per game

5-7 carries

5 catches
G08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A home-run hitter every time he touches the ball... that kind of juice is perfect in a zone based blocking system. Hope he reaches his potential!

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your young QB can throw a check down and actually have it be a successful play, talk about a confidence builder.
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/lHTOUbYNbgw?t=851

Shocked Jesus Christ the end of that run

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
https://youtu.be/lHTOUbYNbgw?t=851

Shocked Jesus Christ the end of that run

Let us pray that he does not try that in the NFL....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: