Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day 3 Seahawk Selections - Updated with Presser Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Don't wanna read too much into this, but watching the videos of John/Pete calling all the kids when they're drafting them, John looks particularly jacked to have landed Mike Tyson.

Makes sense, I've heard his defense is impregnable
More importantly is his style; it's impetuous

Is there a running joke I'm missing here? Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Don't wanna read too much into this, but watching the videos of John/Pete calling all the kids when they're drafting them, John looks particularly jacked to have landed Mike Tyson.

Yea....tats just murdered you in cool points

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

Yea....tats just murdered you in cool points

SoS ^^^

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to keep in mind with all these safeties, is the reality that Kam Chancellor probably walks next year. Meaning that we are doing as much as we can to find an adequate replacement, knowing that his contract elsewhere will probably warrant that 3rd/4th round comp pick. So adding a safety FA replacement wouldn't be an option, while maintaining that value.

Zman724

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has been listening to the video/audio of Schneider calling our selections while we're on the clock but a few are good.

Schneider is a cool dude. Here's the call to Tedric. TT was definitely caught up in the moment.
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/04/29/john-schneider-pete-carroll-call-tedric-thompson ..

Zman724

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may not like all of the selections or where we drafted them. I really wanted Tankersly instead of Hill at #95. Getting Tank & Griffen would have been MONSTER. I'm not sure about Hill. PS.

However, when we look at the wheeling and dealing JS executed, we should be pleased. We are bringing in DB's to challenge for backup spots & future starters. My man, Kam, is playing his last season with us. I don't know where we're putting all these DB's? I'm pumped for FA Bradley McDougald and then we added more DB's?

The Hawks liked Malik all along. I"m sure they liked Kevin King, too.

To move from 26 to 31, we picked up Hill and Carson.
To move from 31 to 34, we picked up Tedric
To move from 34 to 35, we picked up Tyson.

I'm far more elated to have Malik and his upside than last season's 1st. Then we added 4 more players. The Hawks picked up 5 players for that one #26 1st rd selection.

Props to Schneider. That's good work. Now watch 'em ball and keep the Hawks in the NFL's elite.
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
We may not like all of the selections or where we drafted them. I really wanted Tankersly instead of Hill at #95. Getting Tank & Griffen would have been MONSTER. I'm not sure about Hill. PS.

However, when we look at the wheeling and dealing JS executed, we should be pleased. We are bringing in DB's to challenge for backup spots & future starters. My man, Kam, is playing his last season with us. I don't know where we're putting all these DB's? I'm pumped for FA Bradley McDougald and then we added more DB's?

The Hawks liked Malik all along. I"m sure they liked Kevin King, too.

I'm far more elated to have Malik and his upside than last season's 1st. Then we added 4 more players. The Hawks picked up 5 players for that one #26 1st rd selection.

Props to Schneider. That's good work. Now watch 'em ball and keep the Hawks in the NFL's elite.

This a great point.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
I love this breakdown. Really makes you appreciate the potential of those trade downs. Regardless of the fact that many of us may have wanted an OL in Lamp or Ramczyk or a CB in King at 31, this was some good value. It really sounds like McDowell was our #1 target all along which makes this that much better

Agreed with everyone saying this is likely Kam's last year. I need to watch some Delano Hill, you guys are getting me excited about him. Anyone know if we can get a comp pick for McDougald even though we only signed him to a 1 year deal?

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Quote:
As the NFL explains, compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more or better compensatory free agents than they acquire. The number of picks a team can receive equals the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a secret formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed is covered by the formula.

Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, Iíve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.

Quote:
In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1[*], he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team.

brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given you guys are convinced of the possibility of the Seahawks play more 3 safeties on nickel packages, what are your thoughts on DeShawn Shead moving back to his natural position (S/NCB) and join competition with McDougald, Delano Hill≤

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Agreed with everyone saying this is likely Kam's last year.

Why would PC/JS allow that?

I say he gets Marshawn Lynch/Michael Bennett treatment. If Earl is the cog that makes this defense go from a structural standpoint, Kam is the one that makes this defense go from an attitude standpoint.

I think there are multiple reasons to why PC/JS put Sherman on the trading block and never put Kam even with the hold out BS. One of them is that: PCJS and Kam, they all know that Kam has more value to this franchise than would have for any other franchise, and he is currently tied for second most important player to this franchise (behind Wilson, tied with Earl).

As good as Hill or McDougald could ever possibly be, John Schneider and much less Pete Carroll wouldn't be that crazy to think they could be Kam replacement long term.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Given you guys are convinced of the possibility of the Seahawks play more 3 safeties on nickel packages, what are your thoughts on DeShawn Shead moving back to his natural position (S/NCB) and join competition with McDougald, Delano Hill≤

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Agreed with everyone saying this is likely Kam's last year.

Why would PC/JS allow that?

I say he gets Marshawn Lynch/Michael Bennett treatment. If Earl is the cog that makes this defense go from a structural standpoint, Kam is the one that makes this defense go from an attitude standpoint.

I think there are multiple reasons to why PC/JS put Sherman on the trading block and never put Kam even with the hold out BS. One of them is that: PCJS and Kam, they all know that Kam has more value to this franchise than would have for any other franchise, and he is currently tied for second most important player to this franchise (behind Wilson, tied with Earl).

As good as Hill or McDougald could ever possibly be, John Schneider and much less Pete Carroll wouldn't be that crazy to think they could be Kam replacement long term.
If we had a lot of outside CB talent I would move Shead back to the slot. However, I don't think we're likely to have that luxury this season.

I don't see how Kam being valuable to us and him getting old and potentially being on his last legs are mutually exclusive. Maybe we resign Kam to a shorter deal after this year, but his body wont hold up forever. Just because we weren't willing to trade him two years ago when he was still roughly around his peak doesn't mean there isn't a day approaching where his body won't let him play like Kam

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:

I'm with you on this. Tank would have been a tremendous selection and really would have fit the mold of what we were trying to accomplish in versatile zone defenders with ball skills.

With that said, Cordrea is a pretty miserable tackler, and I'm sure that plays a big factor into who they select. I can't say I remember them ever selecting a defensive player with tackling as a weakness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: